Struggling

It could be anything, like flashharry said, portion control, or not drinking enough water, or start week as greeneyedmonster mentioned. Whether you're having your healthy extras (and weighing them... I used to stop weighing them because I 'knew' what I was eating)
As much as SW say you can eat as much you want of certain foods, some people (and I've been guilty of this) eat too much of something, and make bigger portions than we would normally have eaten. But others go the other way and don't have enough for meals.

Like the others suggested, start a food diary thread on here and everyone can pitch in and point out any areas we might be able to see something :)

I only have the healthy extras that I can "grab and go" like Alpen Lights etc.

I've already stopped having pasta because I think pasta being unlimited is utter rubbish.

I've done an SP day today and I'm doing one tomorrow in the hope that I can salvage this week (I get weighed tomorrow night).

It's weird because I lost 4lb in my first week, then put half a pound on, then lost 5lb, and this week I'll be lucky to stay the same at this rate.

Maybe subconsciously I "celebrate" my loss a bit too much and stop being as strict with myself the following week.

I keep a food diary on paper but I'll post it on here when I get chance. Is it best on this thread or elsewhere?

I only have the healthy extras that I can "grab and go" like Alpen Lights etc.

I've already stopped having pasta because I think pasta being unlimited is utter rubbish.

I've done an SP day today and I'm doing one tomorrow in the hope that I can salvage this week (I get weighed tomorrow night).

It's weird because I lost 4lb in my first week, then put half a pound on, then lost 5lb, and this week I'll be lucky to stay the same at this rate.

Maybe subconsciously I "celebrate" my loss a bit too much and stop being as strict with myself the following week.

I keep a food diary on paper but I'll post it on here when I get chance. Is it best on this thread or elsewhere?

I can see what you mean about the pasta, I get really bloated when I eat too much of it, so I just limit what I have rather than cut it out completely (I like my pasta :) lol)

As for food diary, you should be able to set up a new thread under the 'Food Diaries' area. It'll get spotted by lots of people there :)

Good luck for weigh in too, you never know what might happen! :)

best of luck at weigh in today/tonight ladies xx

Hi there,

Just wanted to say that I understand how you feel. I've only lost 8.5lb in three weeks, and my scales seem to be showing a gain this week. You're doing really well and should be proud of yourself - you've had some brilliant losses, so you must be doing something right.

I agree with the poster that said that a cup of tea and rocky road Hi-Fi bar is good for a sweet tooth. The chocolate and orange ones are really nice, too :). I drink rooibos and vanilla tea, with milk and sweetener, and this works really well (I always try and imagine that it's vanilla ice cream flavoured!). I also like Tesco Lemon and Lime Zero, for when I get the urge to reach for the fizzy drinks. When I eat things like pasta, even though there is lots of speed food in the recipe I use, I still try and fill a third of my plate with salad, so I'm not tempted to over-do the carbs.

Good luck at your weigh in, and remember that the downward trend is the important thing (most people have 'blips', but then come back with a great loss the next week) :).

Catherine x

Thanks so much for all your advice and encouragement :) it's really helped.

I lost half a pound so it looks like my damage limitation of 2 SP days worked!

I'm 5lb away from a stone now and would love to get the bulk of that off this week.

I think I need to take more notice of speed food rather than just thinking "oh it's free so I can have it". Drinking more water has definitely been an issue for me this week too. Hoping these little tweaks will make for a successful week this week :)

Hope everyone else's weigh ins went well x

had a gain this week. +1lb.:(

i know why though, really suffering terribly with lady problems.

on the upside we had a taster evening tonight. xx

Thanks Kathy, going for a big loss this week with a few SP days thrown in!

You'll lose next week green eyed monster once your lady problems are gone! Speaking of which, I recently had the contraceptive injection and my cycle is currently all over the place, which may be a contributing factor to my erratic weigh ins. Before I had it I was warned by the nurse that some people find it difficult to lose weight on it, but I always take things like that with a pinch of salt.

What did you have at your taster green eyed monster?

Thanks Kathy, going for a big loss this week with a few SP days thrown in!

You'll lose next week green eyed monster once your lady problems are gone! Speaking of which, I recently had the contraceptive injection and my cycle is currently all over the place, which may be a contributing factor to my erratic weigh ins. Before I had it I was warned by the nurse that some people find it difficult to lose weight on it, but I always take things like that with a pinch of salt.

What did you have at your taster green eyed monster?

i have the implant, so i never know what im gonna get or what kind of time im gonna have lol

our consultant made the 1/2 syn cake, i made a sausage and mushroom quiche, there was mushy pea curry and breakfast muffins.

all very tasty but i didnt want my tea when i came in!

i have the implant, so i never know what im gonna get or what kind of time im gonna have lol

our consultant made the 1/2 syn cake, i made a sausage and mushroom quiche, there was mushy pea curry and breakfast muffins.

all very tasty but i didnt want my tea when i came in!

I don't usually plan to have any tea on taster evenings... I practically park my chair next to the taster table ;) haha

I recently had the contraceptive injection and my cycle is currently all over the place, which may be a contributing factor to my erratic weigh ins. Before I had it I was warned by the nurse that some people find it difficult to lose weight on it, but I always take things like that with a pinch of salt

Morning :)
I definitely think that your injection is playing a part in your weight loss- I had it a few years ago and I was the same.
Well done on losing 1/2lb

I agree with the poster that said that a cup of tea and rocky road Hi-Fi bar is good for a sweet tooth. The chocolate and orange ones are really nice, too :).

I also like Tesco Lemon and Lime Zero, for when I get the urge to reach for the fizzy drinks.

When I eat things like pasta, even though there is lots of speed food in the recipe I use, I still try and fill a third of my plate with salad, so I'm not tempted to over-do the carbs.

I like the salted caramel Hifi bars but they are very more-ish so it's hard work only having the one you are allowed as HE

I like the sound of that drink might have a look ☺️ don't really drink fizzy but it's nice now and again

I try and limit my carbs - old red days were always the best for me

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com mobile app

I STS this week and was gutted!
I've not cheated at all!!!
But it is * week
Didn't think it would effect weight loss that much!

I have PCOS so I don't get periods very often - I can't remember last time maybe last summer? So I'm hoping that's why I stayed same and next week I am expecting a loss!

Your all doing great well done x x

Hang in there hun, you will see the loss next week :)

Morning :)
I definitely think that your injection is playing a part in your weight loss- I had it a few years ago and I was the same.
Well done on losing 1/2lb

I like the salted caramel Hifi bars but they are very more-ish so it's hard work only having the one you are allowed as HE

I like the sound of that drink might have a look ☺️ don't really drink fizzy but it's nice now and again

I try and limit my carbs - old red days were always the best for me

Thanks ☺. Speaking of fizzy drinks, I used to drink a lot of coke, and have replaced it with NAS Vimto squash and soda water, which I'm actually enjoying more than I enjoyed coke.

Good luck at weigh in today everybody!!!

positive vibes on their way!!:vibes:

Back