Stubbseys Diary - back in the zone!

Well done:)

thank you! i am now back to my best weight before the dreaded wedding/birthday bashes which have deffo taught me that i must really really want to cheat before i do anything like that again, the stress of trying to get my ketosis back!!! i thought i would never get back into losing.

Tried to sit down and sort my finances out today, i want to give up work so much i really hate it! i have been there 11 years and i am so sick of all the crap, the changes that go round in circles and end up back the way they were some 10 years ago, the idiots coming in with BRIGHT ideas... the software changes which have caused us all so much heart ache and stress over the past few years, and now the management have changed things so much, where we were once protected and secure at work we are now vulnerable and liable if things go wrong. they have made it such that any complaints result in it being our fault, where once, the software backed us up totally and nothing could have been our fault. we have become scapegoats and when you are dealing with peoples lives in your hands for the rate of pay hmmmmm shove it i say! RANT OVER! so i have been sitting there with my lists of direct debits and outgoings and looking at the incomings and weighing up whether we could survive without my wage. i only do part time but its a gruelling rota which really screws up family life etc and as a part time wage its good. so there is my dilemma. on paper it looks good, but we are always overdrawn now, not sure how we manage it from the income v outgoings but hey.. must stop wasting money i guess!!

not feeling too bright this evening don't know why, full of worries and anxiety. been pretty good food wise i think, though my morning omelette was a bit big, i had fish for dinner with salad so made up for the early morning trough session.. drank lots of water too. feeling a bit devoid of confidence like i have nothing much to say.. so guess that is it for now night night all

Hugs Stubbsey! Sounds like a lot of stress - you're doing amazingly well to keep focused with all that going on ! Well done on the loss! Xx

aww thank you for that!! i am hoping that i can keep it on track and not reach for the comfort food like i have so many times in the past xx

Bit of a boring day today, cooked bbq chops and creamed potatoes with beans for everyone and done some tidying not been out in a few days and i think i am going stir crazy tho, asda beckons tomorrow, hoping the trolley doesnt hurt my back as it has before... would get it online but i have to go there for something that they only sell in my local one which is annoying but gotta be done.

B bacon and scrambled egg
D three chicken thighs baked in actifry and 1 pork chop and a sausage (tesco pork & red leicester)mmmm

Hi there, just caught up with your diary, the work dilemma is hard isn't it! No matter how much I earn it never seems enough, I definitely spend more than I should, afraid my oh and I have the mentality of "we work hard so deserve it" without doing the maths !! I'm sure you will make the right decision for you and your family.
Food sounds great by the way :)

Hi Stubbsey,

Work stress sucks so much. I piled on 2 stone in 8 months during one job I absolutely loathed - but we needed the money. Really hope you can sort something out soon, and massive kudos to you for not reaching for the comfort foods in the meantime! xxx

Hi Sandra
I still am not sure what to do i am off sick with my back at the moment taking strong pain killers for it and really wanted initially to drop my shifts to 2 per week that would really help out because sitting on their broken chairs so often really does not help. but i doubt that even after i have been through occupational health they will do it. while i have been off i have been reading my work emails and i really didn't think it was possible for things to get worse there, but from what i have been reading the moral there is even lower than before... so it does enthuse me to go back.

hi Scrumbles, i was doing quite well on my previous diet until work stress, well a mixture of stress, gruelling shifts and everyone having bloody take aways all the time stalled it and then i gained a stone back, since i have been off with my back i have managed to lose that stone and more besides with Atkins. My home life is pretty hectic so having evening job which at best finishes at midnight at worst 2am then i have 30 mins drive home isn't easy either. Plus the place is pure evil lol

food wise i think yesterday my diet was a bit too meaty i didn't really have any veg with it, i had some mushrooms and tomatoes in the morning but really just ate the meat in the afternoon, i had some cream, splenda and cocoa as a late snack too, really enjoyed that was the best choccie snack i have had so far, just hope i measured the cream right and i don't stall x

OMG i have just had to have a freezing cold shower coz my son used all the hot water having a bath and i had no choice because i had a wash in hair colour in my hair brrrrrrrrrrr

Well done on the focus amid your current problems

Recovered after my cold shower and had a very busy day, only just sat down with a cup of tea! Should have a good weekend though as my son and his girlfriend are away and my other son is going out so peace ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh bliss

food today

B Oopsie rolls x 2 - Butter, Cheese and tomato
D 2 small venisonl steaks, 1 toulous sausage, mushroom & tomatoes

Hi there, don't forget you should be entitled to a work place assessment and you should be given an appropriate chair and desk if you have problems with your back, work sounds awful!
Take care and have a good weekend :)

thanks Sandra, the place is a bit of a joke health and safety wise, its the nhs so it should be way better than it is. The office is used 24/7 so the chairs and work stations are in constant use, you cant have the same desk every time, the cleaning is rubbish too, as a working environment its the pits really. Most of the chairs are broken and there is always a struggle to get the better ones, the place is a nightmare.

it is honestly we are the forgotten part of the nhs lol expected to perform to governement standards with sub standard treatment!

MFP is going barmy i swear.. i have set it to the Atkins diet values and every day i go on there my allowed calorie limit gets larger. i just noticed that according to it i still had almost 800 cals left.. weird. why do my values keep changing.grrrrrrrr

Not impressed by the chair/working conditions that you are being subjected too- deffo worth complaining!

Re mfp - are you tracking exercise- it will automatically assume you should eat the cals:)

Back