Supersize vs Superskinny.

I think that is true, the slower it happens then I think it is more hard to notice the changes, but I know clothes sizes are a big indicator for me - when you cant fit in your clothes anymore......you know?

I watched a program about OCD cleaners helping out others with untidy / dirty houses. They asked the people with the dirty house how they could let it get so bad, and one man replied that when you see something gradually getting worse, you don't really notice any difference. It just becomes "the norm", and it's only to outsiders that something appears wrong. I guess it's the same kind of thing with weight, too.

I think that's the case. I have family members who currently have very serious health problems which are all directly liked to them being obese. I don't like to use that word, but it is the truth. Yet they still do nothing to change the situation and it is absolutely heart breaking to be honest. One in particular has two bad hips which they are in daily pain with but has been refused surgery due to their blood pressure being so high the op could kill them. They are also now having problems with their eyes, no doubt caused by high blood pressure and again they've been refused treatment based on the risks associated with their blood pressure. It is heartbreaking, but because everyone else around them is doing the same, having the same problems etc, it's almost like they treat it as the norm! I also know with this particular person it also comes down to self esteem, they just don't have the confidence and emotional strength to face the overwhelming amount of weight they have to lose.

It is just so so sad.

I do think though what must some people eat to get that way. I know in my case I can eat a LOT, especially when I've binged in the past. When I was pregnant by my due date I was polishing off a large dominos, a massive dairy milk caramel bar and a 2 litre bottle of cherry tango most nights. But still I only got to 14 and a half stone when pregnant and after I settled down after the birth was back to my non-preggers heaviest of 12 and a half. I should say it doesn't sound that heavy but I'm a short @r$e and puts me well over a obese bmi!

awww its awful having to watch ya family members go through that. Especially when they arent willing to try and help themselves despite all of those medical problems. I have 2 sisters which are both larger than me and i love them to death but do worry about their health. They've both had to have gall bladder removed and i beleive thats linked to weight / unhealthy eating habbits. It is heart breaking. but you cant live their life for them.

Princess Stevie, you've done fab on your weight loss- from 15st to 11st is amazing, you look great and should be very proud.

Obviously we all have/had weight issues or we wouldnt be on here but hopefully even on our off days we know when to stop.
x

I really miss the feeding tube. I always noticed how beige it always was and then they would add the brown coke. Always made me think about the colours on my plate

Sent from my C6603 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Back