Syn Free Onion Chutney/Marmalade

Just made this - well, its almost finished and just had a taste - lovely!
Thanks so much for sharing this!!!
I'd be really interested if anyone comes up with any ideas for variations!

Just wanted to say this is amazing. I have been to two BBQs this weekend & took some with me & everyone who has had it has asked for recipe

I want to add my thanks to everyone else's. This will be made by the weekend. I love chutneys and have always made them, but like lupuscow, I would never have thought of using a sugar substitute.

Food with chutney or relish takes on a whole new dimension,

Sue xxx

I got some breakfast Mushrooms & baked them for 10 mins, then put some chutney in, some grilled bacon & topped with laughing cow cheese (broke up into pieces) & grilled for a futher 2 mins or so - served with salad & more chutney on the side & it was heavenly :D

:happy036:

That sounds like a really yummy meal!! Was that all FREE apart from the cheese as a HEX?

wow this recipe sounds yummy, i am going shopping tomorrow so will be making this later in the week, i luv onion chutney .... i used to make tomato ans red onion chutney when i was working so i recon if i used the syn free ingredients and added chopped tomatoes to it that will still work and be syn free .... going to do just the onion one first though :)

xxx

Great recipe

This sounds deliciousl. Can't wait try it.

I think i might try this with half a can of diet coke and balsamic, i think the coke goes sticky as you reduce it - could be a disaster but the tesco value red onions are only cheap so not too much of a waste!

Fab recipe - just tried a batch I made yesterday and it's delicious. Busy thinking up variations (tomato, chilli, spices) and I can't wait until it's all gone so that I can make it again!!!!

Made this yesterday using just balsamic. It's really delicious and can't see it lasting very long lol!!
Would be really interested to hear if anyone has made variations on it...

Bumping this as I made it again tonight and it's delish!

Thanks for bumping! I was just thinking last night how much I miss chutney and piccallili and was going to try and find a recipe. I will definitely by trying this one!!

Back