Syn Free Onion Chutney/Marmalade

This sounds fab. Sorry if this i's a daft question but how long does it keep once in jars?

I reckon it would be ok in the fridge for a couple of weeks. To be honest it never lasts that long here as we scoff it all within a few days!!!!

wow definatly trying this i love onion marmalade mmm:D

This sounds lovely and possibly slightly less 'tart' than the half jar of pickled onions I ate the other day! Guess I'm off on a vinegar search tomorrow!

So I tried chutney, it was spectacular! I had it with gammon, sw roast potatoes, roast mushrooms and peppers, pineapple and a poached egg! Lush! :)

I made some months ago... still in the fridge and still tastes lovely, as long as you've got a lid on the jar it should be fine. x

Away to make this today to have with cheese on toast. Sounds delicious.
Does it have to be granulated sweetner?

Last edited:
I made this with sweetener the other day, (think I went a bit freehand mad with the vinegars lol) , I used cider and red wine vinegar. Absolutely gorgeous and tastes better as it 'stands'. Definitely be doing this one again, off to ebay some jars ;)

Going to try adding some mustard seed and cauli, anyone recommend any other veg to chuck in?

I made some this morning and I've just had it on a turkey sandwich. It was lovely!! Used White wine vinegar and balsamic as that was all I had but it seemed to work. Think I will take it to the tasting session on Thursday.

I love this forum. There are so many fab recipe ideas :)

MadameLaMinx said:
and tastes fantastic!

Sounds delicious - where did the apple vinegar come from?

Kx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

maypole said:
Use cider vinegar it's the same x

Cheers

Kx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

just made this - delicious. I'm going to have it on a salad pitta tomorrow for lunch. yum.

Cannot wait to make this. Many thanks.

I am so making this later on in the week, I miss chutney so much so very excited at the prospect! :D

Back