Total Solution Target = thin at thirty

Off to see A Midsummer Night's Dream with David Walliams and Sheridan Smith. Have never read or seen Shakespeare before (shocking I know) so am really looking forward to it. Even more so if I can remain 100% so I don't have that awful guilty feeling afterwards.

You'll love it!

We will indeed get there Lani! It's a long windy road with plenty of hills on it but maintaining our goals is most definitely doable for 7 August. Pleased you are getting straight back into it after a bad weekend. I've had quite a few bad weekends, in fact I've not really been properly in the zone since I got back from my holiday in Gambia just over a month ago. I accept that there will be plenty of ups and downs this side of Christmas, but need to give myself a kick up the backside and get in the zone!

I went All Inclusive to Turkey last month....big mistake haha, going to Amsterdam, Rome and Paris in January so dreading the food :-(

I lost 1lb this week, which is a miracle seeing as I had convinved myself i'd put on so i'm happy with that. Being good this week, except the wedding on Saturday, but going to limit the alcohol and try not to stuff my face, I want at least a 2 lb loss next week *fingers crossed*

So the theatre was good - weird, but good. Think Shakespeare may have had a mental breakdown though...

Well done on losing 1lb Lani! Having put on 6lbs over the course of about 4 days last week I'm hoping for all of that plus a but more to come off by next Monday, although I will probably have to eat at a friend's on Sunday - dammit. Was just under 3lbs down this morning so I'm getting there.

So the theatre was good - weird, but good. Think Shakespeare may have had a mental breakdown though...

Well done on losing 1lb Lani! Having put on 6lbs over the course of about 4 days last week I'm hoping for all of that plus a but more to come off by next Monday, although I will probably have to eat at a friend's on Sunday - dammit. Was just under 3lbs down this morning so I'm getting there.

A loss is a loss, no matter how small, it's all going in the right direction (although hoping for 3lbs this week....fingers crossed)

You sound like you are doing well, 3 lbs down is really good in such a short amount of time

Mainly water weight but still happy with it. Continuing to persevere despite the number of food/drink-orientated events in the build up to Christmas.

Everyone is in the same boat, you just have to try and be more aware of what you are eating at events, it's super hard to resist the fatty foods, but we need to do it :). I'm going to a wedding tomorrow....dreading it as I know i'll be all over the carbs lol

Hi, how are you doing?

So I'm back - after being off here for nearly two months, and off the diet for almost the same amount of time, I weighed back in last Thursday at 16st 1lb. Not shocking as entirely expected, but there we are. I've been snooping around on here since last Thursday, reading everyone else's emails and see that plenty are in a similar position to me (i.e. having put on a lot, if not all, of their weight). We should all give ourselves a firm slap on the wrist and a kick up the backside! I am in the zone more now, hence why I feel ready to start posting again.

I was 100% TS Thursday, 70% Friday, 0% Saturday but have been 100% Sunday, Monday and Tuesday and intend to continue with the 100% TS from here on in now that I feel that I'm in ketosis and it's starting to get easier. There's not much going on in January that requires me to eat/drink, only two events and I may even be able to get away with being 100% at one, if not both, of those. February is a bit harder but we shall see. Have the goal of my holiday in Thailand in April to aim for!

What a great incentive to lose.
Good luck hun xxx

Good that you are ready to get back on track. This time of the year is always best for a new start isn't it. Just picture yourself on the beach in Thailand, that should help keep you motivated. Hope you have a good few days, no point going back now.

Well done on the restart Sainsbury. Hope all goes well.

Welcome back, good luck on the restart and you seem so focussed, you'll do really well. And what a great incentive to have, Thailand! I'm going to make a small journey there right now, about to have thai chicken soup. It's almost the same, right?:rolleyes:

Bee your comments do bring a smile to my face

Now if it was real Thai chicken soup....yum!

Not a lover of Exante's soups. Manages to avoid them so far as I have a pile of meals that either are or shortly will be out of date. Doing my best to get through those for now.

Thanks Susie, Chris and all for the motivational comments! So pleased that there are so many of us at a similar stage in day terms. Really helps I think.

So, today is day 6 of being 100% so I can give a HONK for day 5/50 on the 50 day challenge.

As I was supposed to start last Thursday (2nd) but then was off-plan on Friday night and all day Saturday before starting back on 100% on Sunday, I have decided to make Friday my weigh-in day. And I am pleased to report that I am 9lbs lighter :)

Hope everyone has a fabulous day! ROLL ON the weekend!!! :) xx

Well done on that fantastic 9lb loss! Good luck for your restart, I have also restarted. You've made a great beginning! x

Well done on that fantastic 9lb loss! Good luck for your restart, I have also restarted. You've made a great beginning! x

Thanks Minnie. I don't see the point in cheating now. 5 days at 100% and today is day 6. Not going to be tempted to be naughty this weekend (weekends are when I struggle most unless I have a long long list of things to do).

Posted this over in the 100% TS section, but thought i'd post it here just in case any of you observers are doctors or have experienced similar!

Apologies in advance if it's TMI but...

I've done a VLCD three times now (twice proper and once as an emergency month's diet before a holiday). Each time I have had a rash. The previous two times I've managed to put it down to a different washing detergent (my other half bought Persil, which as a kid I was allergic too) and fabric conditioner (other half bought a grass-flavoured one, which again I was allergic to).

But it's back, after almost a week at 100% on TS.

Does anyone else get the rash? It's on my body - predominantly underarms, chest and the top of my tummy and is VERY itchy. It goes quite red with some quite large raised blotches. Yuck, I know.

Figure it must be something in the packets but I don't want to give up on 100% so am trying to think:
(a) what could be causing it (presumably one of the vitamins/minerals as my body isn't used to getting so much of them!)
(b) any recommendations for tablets/creams to reduce the swelling/itchiness? I've tried some anti-histamines and some hydrocortisone cream but other than immediate soothing relief, am not sure they did that much.
(c) any other advice?

Thanks in advance! x

Hi Gem. Firstly, you're doing great. Secondly, I think it must be something in the packs because I get the same. I also get itching on the palms of my hands and the back of my head too!

Back