Step 1 Sole Source The Carrie Diaries - A Yorkshire lass in Sydney: A journey to being healthy

That's brilliant, Carrie! I have my second weigh in tonight and am trying not to expect too much in case I have a small loss this week. You should be into the 12s next week!

Spangly - that would be awesome to be in the 12's!!!! Just noticed your BMI is now under 30!!!!!!!...woo hoo!!!!!!!!! I'm aiming for under 30 in next 2 weeks...overweight rather than obese ;)

Hey 3holssx :)

Ended up putting my soup in the lender tonight and it exploded everywhere :/ Was debating what to do and figured i couldn't eat half my soup so made up another pack - i had a full cup of soup, felt overindulgent ;) Strangely i felt so full after it (was about 1.5 packs i reckon) - can your stomach shrink so quickly?

The Psyllium Husk seems to be doing the trick IYKWIM!? Also makes the soups nice and thick :) Tried the spicy tomato soup for first time last night - was strangely sweet!...quite liked it but still has that weird under taste but think i am used to that now!

THis week had a couple of people who don't know I am doing CD if I have lost weight (client's at work!)... feels kind of nice that others already notice :)

Spangly how did your weight in go? 20 Hours

I lost 4lb this week, which I'm really pleased about. That makes 1st 2lb in two weeks!

Great that other people are noticing your losses already - very motivating.

Spangly - that's an awesome loss to date :)

Am now in middle of week 3 and feel insanely grumpy and have a complete lack of energy. I told my CDC on Wednesday was struggling with energy - he said I should feel more energised. I could sleep for England at mo! has anyone else had this? I'm not getting weighed in till Sat this week as changing weigh in day as kids are back at school this week and much easier to do on the weekend. Just fit into a top I bought but couldn't wear as pulled across the chest - so suppose that's a motivator to keep going :)

I've cheered up since yesterday, thinking I was just having an off day! :) It has been a Bank Holiday weekend here and I think I struggle a bit more without the structure of work. I am always so busy don't have time to think about food (so just have my shakes at lunch) and then drink water in between clients. I do feel so over the soups...I was never crash hot on the flavour and wondering whether I should just have 3 shakes a day - not sure if anyone else does that?

Also next Monday/Tuesday I'm going interstate for work...does it sound crazy to take my blender with me? I just think they taste so much better blended with some ice. I won't know anyone there so might be a bit tricky disappearing off to have a shake when they are having lunch:/ but what can you do? I don't want to break my ketosis when feeling so disciplined. How's everyone else been going?

Glad you've cheered up, I have days like that, I just give out a look and everyone knows to leave me alone, my daughter is the same, lol
Take your blender, I had vanilla shake yesterday for the first time, it was ok, have u tried the bars, they are a bit easier if your out to eat,

I lost 3lb yesterday so 10 in just over 2 weeks,

X

Yeah Sarah, that's similar to me around 10lbs in 2 weeks - lets see what week 3 brings :)

Glad I'm back at work - time is flying again :) CDC seemed keen for me to hold off on the bars... said maybe look at them this week - which ones are nice? I like the sound of lemon and mint choc....good option for QLD me thinks!

I only have 3 a week, they all have a little bit of a salty taste but I like the mint one, the chocolate is nice and the malt toffe, lemon is ok but a bit sickly, choc orange smells great but doesn't taste quite as nice, I have them because if your out u can eat one without any hassle, I can't have the cartons, they taste fishy to me, think it's my taste at the moment cause I loved them before,
I'm getting weighed 2 days early this week cause I'm going away for a night with the hubby,
Just off to the dentist for a filling, uurrgghh xx

I tried bars this week - just took three - and though they were nice they were (as I half-expected) far too triggering for me, so I'm not going to have them again. I'm happy with porridges and rice pudding and soups mainly (hot things because I'm so cold!!) I've been tired too. I keep hoping to have the ketosis surge of energy but it's just not happening. I think part of it is the short, dark, days at the moment.

Good luck for your weigh in on Saturday!

Man I have so struggled this week... week before TOTM is always a bit of a food fest for me... even though wasn't hungry was desperately craving some food..... was having dreams about food!!!!!!!! I think I'm struggling cos my energy levels have been so low...I just want a normal meal and be able to sit down with people and enjoy some food and drink. I've kept at it (not sure how!?)...but hopefully will show on the scales tomorrow at weigh in! Fingers crossed!

I am away in QLD next week for 2 days and not sure how I will go? I am taking my blender with me (I love the smoothies wen done in a blender so thought worth packing it!)... Just not sure what i'll do if we have dinners out (I don't know anyone there!!!!). Will talk to my CDC tomorrow and see if he's got any hot tips...if anyone has any feel free to post.

How hope everyone's having a good week :)

Last edited:
Weigh-in - Lost 1.1kgs this week which I think is about 2.5 lbs...not as much as the previous weeks but still heading in the same direction. I aa still struggling with constipation :/ So am sure not going to the toilet for 4 days didn't help at weigh-in....ah well - very excited to be in the 12's! :)) One stone to go and I'll be the same as when I got married 11 years ago (that would be awesome!). Took my soups back this week just having a week of shakes and a couple of bars to try :))
Wishing everyone a big weight loss week x

Hi Carrie, that's a fab loss better then no loss chick.

Well it's sat night and I want chocolate id go to bed if didn't have the kids!

Keep up the good work, we can do it xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thanks gerujool... Agreed a loss is a loss (I would never have been disappointed with a loss of nearly 3lbs but suppose I have much higher expectations on CD.

At airport for flying out for a couple of day away for work. My favourite shop over here Country Road has a shop at Sydney Airport so had a peep (would normally have been sat in the food court!). Tried on a nice top would normally gave needed an XL or at least a large for generous top BUT got a medium!!! Wow that was unexpected!... That has spurred me on to keep on track whilst away :)

Oh wow where r u????

Yeah I lost 6lbs in first week and was gutted lol like u say we expect more!!

Well done u a medium!! That's fab, I tried my jeans in earlier in the week and couldn't quite get em done up, hopefully soon!

Vanessa

In Queensland for a 2 day workshop... There was so much good today but just stuck with it - didn't know anyone so no one seemed to notice. All off out for dinner soon... Spoke with CDC about having something to eat but just have grilled chicken and salad - fingers crossed they can do that. That's the main downer about CD - socially it's kind of awkward. They are all keen to get on the booze but I'll just stick with my fizzy water!!

Yeah good for u Carrie, it's not forever and your doing amazing with all your social events chick.

Vanessa

So ended up having 2 dinners out... first night had chicken and lettuce!..second night had a thai beef salad (with dressing on side)so basically steak and salad (there was a bit of carrot which i don't think is ideal but it was grated)?) - was really lovely to eat food and be social again :) I feel like been avoiding going out with friends cos it's just easier not having people tell you to eat something or pass judgement (just can't be bothered with those conversations!). Anyway i went well as the two days they kept bringing in cookies, cupcakes, cheese and crackers etc... I did succumb to a few grapes but that was it!...amaazing! AND i did check with ketostix the next morning and was still in ketosis!...traces <shock> So does that sound like the equivalent of SS+? I saw someone else saying they lost same on SS+ ans SS - hmmmmmmm. How long do people stay on SS before bumping up to SS+? I feel like i've still lost weight this week - so looking forward to weigh in this week on Saturday :) Tis annoying though am losing fat off bum which is flat anyway but not my big tummy! <annoying>

Week 4 weigh-in - 1.5kgs (just over 4lbs) - very happy! Am 80.6kgs (it's all kgs in Oz) , dying to get into the 70's as I've been here 11 years and never weighed in the 70's since living here! Talked with CDC how long to stay on SS...I am doing the Mother's Day Classic run in May which is 5 kms...so need to be in a position to start doing some running in March to build back up. I can't do strenuous exercise in SS, I just don't have the energy! I read about people doing big runs and hour classes...I just couldn't do it. Having some food this week whilst away...I actually have had a lot of energy this week - presuming that's what it was!? I miss my spin classes and got a spin bike for Xmas but haven't been on it! So another 3-4 week on SS, which I'm happy with as I feel like I'm in the zone.

It's my daughters birthday party tomorrow and I've baked all day... cupcakes, big chocoolate kitkat cake, bakewell slice etc... and I haven't tried any and don't intend to. I've got 15 kids coming and all their parents so lots of food but am okay with it :)

Feel on a bit of a high today wasn't expecting the results to keep going and being good - on any other plan I've done losses have been slow and tend to taper off which I find disheartening. I'm starting to think I might actually get to my goal :D:happy036:

Back