Step 1 Sole Source The Carrie Diaries - A Yorkshire lass in Sydney: A journey to being healthy

Weigh-in tonight - lost 0.7kg - which si not bad as I normally get weighed in morning...getting me that bit closer to the 11's :)

Viita - will see how I go - am taking it easy but want to get back to some exercise. I used to do spin 3 times a week and I'm defo not doing that. I did some squats and lunges (thanks for the recommendation!) - my bum has literally disappeared and not in a good way - it is flat!

CDC - said to stay on SS+ until i get to goal (70kgs) then look at bumping to 810cals as I may want to lose a tad more than the 70kgs (that still doesn't put me in a healthy BMI range...I know BMI is not everything but I can tell I'll need more than 7kgs gone to be healthier). Anyway will see how go...and monitor over next few weeks. I have no idea where we pulled 70kgs from!

I'm unconvinced by evening weigh ins...on a Friday I used to avoid drinking much water until post weigh in in the hopes that I weigh a bit less but those were the past few months when I knew I hadn't been 100% and I didn't want my consultant to know!! Even having a bar over a shake as they weigh less or not letting myself have a shake within 4 hours of the weigh in. Taking my watch and glasses off as well...

Drawing a line under that behaviour and back sticking to it strictly!!! I might as well know where I really am as that's what I will be looking at when I am in maintenance phase.

Weigh-in today - lost half a kilo :) Was convinced with doing exercise I would have put on. Interestingly lost a cm on waist and put 1cm on legs (my legs chunk up really quickly when exercising). had a killer of a week at work and last night ended up having some chocolate, not the best decision ever BUT just need to get back on it. I have 3lbs to go to be what I was over 11 years ago when i got married so if that's not a motivator I don't know what is?! Not getting weighed in for 2 weeks as CDC is away so my goal is to get in the bloody 11's by then - woo hoo!!!!! No more chocolate just need to stay focused - am excited to in uncharted territory in the 11's!!!! (hopefully not too long!). Hope everyone is travelling well! :D

We'll done Carrie, stick to it.

Thanks Mick... Rainy day in Sydney here - Winter is coming!!! Looking forward to shopping for new Winter clothes :)

Had a good week this week, although not done an ounce of exercise (felt way too tired!). I have been keen to get back into running so went out with a friend i used to run with this morning for the first time for like 4 years and it way haaard! I ran to her place, was a km away and a bit hilly... she hasn't run for ages either so we went and did a 3 km loop back to hers then i ran home - so over 5kms in total. Holy be***** my hips are killing me - the only nice thing was I hadn't seen my friend in ages and she was surprised how much weight I'd lost!

Another week till weigh in...I so desperately want to have lost the 3 lbs to get me back to wedding day weight of 2002 ;)

I also can't stop looking at clothes online!...i put things in a basket then close it down - a bit of virtual shopping!!!

Hope everyone's having a good week :)

Weigh in today - lost 0.9kgs (2 weeks since last weigh in). I was out for a big celebration last night and drank for the first time in 3 months. I only had two drinks and had a bad hangover this morning <not good> I also tried to keep it low carb but was a Chinese place so the protein was in sauce, which = sugar. Am sure I'm holding water today not too bad considering. Still 1lb off pre-wedding weight of 2002! Defo gonna hit that next week!

Started back running at track session this week to really get back into the running. I have never felt so fit as when I was training for half marathons and would love to do that again BUT be much lighter. I've always been a slow slow runner so would be awesome if lighter to run a tad faster. My legs are aching from track session this week but legs are definitely getting more toned. If I can still lose weight whilst exercising then I'll be happy :)

My Australian size 14 pants (a tad bigger than UK sizes)are getting baggy on the bottom!! I love some of my new pants but would be absolutely amazed to get into a size 12 (never in my adult life been a size 12!) :O

Hope everyone has a great week x

Congratulations on your loss so far! You're really inspiring! Hope I can get into size 12s in a few month's time, UK or Aus size :)

Thanks Selphie... I love reading people's diaries for a bit of inspiration. I started with crazy Diamonds and couldn't stop reading - tis awesome following someone's journey and seeing how do-able it is :). How you going with your journey? X

Hi Carrie. I agree it's really motivating to read that other people are doing so well on this diet, it makes me think, "I want to get there too"! I'm on week 2 of my journey and have lost just under 10lb, which I'm over the moon about! I believe it really does work now! I just have to keep focused on my goal and why I am doing it and I'm sure I can get there :) I'm surprised at my motivation!
How are you getting on with your running? Do you find it easier to exercise now that you're lighter? x

Yes much easier exercising with less weight - it's like taking a back pack off that weighs 2 stone! My running Fitness is still not the best in the but working towards it slowly... I think being lighter it's just less impact so more comfortable. Just bought a gorgeous new shirt but is pulling slightly across the boobs - aiming to get that fitting comfortably over the next few weeks :)

OKay I got my husband to hide the kids Easter eggs and went to spin tonight - hoping I can save myself for getting weighed in this week on Wed <felt like I was losing my focus this week - not good> :(

Fay - amaaazing losses!!!!!!!!!..you have come so far! x

OKay I got my husband to hide the kids Easter eggs and went to spin tonight - hoping I can save myself for getting weighed in this week on Wed <felt like I was losing my focus this week - not good> :(

Fay - amaaazing losses!!!!!!!!!..you have come so far! x

:) Thanks. Been up and down since before Christmas really and finding it so difficult to focus having lost so much and feeling happier about my weight. I still want to get into a healthy BMI though before I stop completely and hopefully tone/flatten my stomach a bit more in the process!

How are you finding spin on so few calories?

Weigh-in day = lost .7kg which is not bad considering my recent relationship with the Easter bunny! AND more importantly made it to my goal of being under what I was the day I got married 12 years ago!!!! <unbelievable!>

CDC keeps encouraging me to go up a step but at moment I am consistently losing so keen to stay on SS+. Fay to answer you Q....I have been fine doing spin - I agreed with CDC on days I do exercise such as spin or a run I have another 120g of protein and some veg/salad so a bit like a S++ (and seems to be working really well - not dizzy or feeling feint and still have lots of energy to put my all into the class). I am only doing it 1-2 times per week (on non consecutive days) and then will do a day where I do a run (as aiming for a big run here in Sydney in August called the City2Surf which is 14km - hence not being able to cut out exercise completely). CDC said when doing measurements he has really noticed my legs have really firmed up, which is great :) He also added up measurement losses today 16cm in waist, 12.5 in hips and 12.5 in chest and only 2 in arms and 3 in legs (kind of amazing when you see the grand totals!).

So goal is to shift the remaining 5.5kg (12lbs) by mid June for my holiday to Fiji!!!! If I stick to it no reason why I can't do it! Feeling motivated today and no chance of me touching any Easter eggs!!!

Hope you're all having a good week x

Back