Step 1 Sole Source The Carrie Diaries - A Yorkshire lass in Sydney: A journey to being healthy

After my high on Saturday from my loss...spent all day baking for my daughters 5th birthday - did well only tried the odd but of mixture to make sure it tasted good :) Bombed slightly on the Sunday as a friend made her small homemade spinach and cheese pies that I have heard about and yes...I couldn't miss up the opportunity to try one!!!! They were bloody amazing! I'm not beating myself up about it either, had it, enjoyed it and got back on it!

Am hanging to be in the 70's and feel like I've lost weight this week so hoping I lose the 600g I need to finally be back in the 70's :) Put on a pair of jeans I haven't worn in ages - feels so good :) Got a 40th birthday on Saturday night (it's 80's movies..so dressing up as Tom Cruise and Kelly McGillis from Top Gun!) - should be fun! Debating whether to drink or not?! Is it bad t drink alcohl when you are in ketosis? part of me thinks don't bother but then the other part thinks haven't seen a bunch of friends in ages and would like to have a couple of drinks with them...hmmmmm...something to think about!

HOpe everyone's having a good week! x

Weigh-in week 5 - my weigh in was moved from morning to late afternoon so I knew it wasn't going to be as good as ususal. I got weighed on my scales same time and had lost 2kgs. By the time I got weighed at 4pm I had lost a measly 0.5kg :( I know it's not just about the scales but was hanging out to be in the 70's which according to my scales I had all week. Anyway it's still a loss BUT it's 2 weeks till I see my CDC again, so a long time to wait to get into the 70's "offo\icially". I should stop weighing myself at home as it's not that helpful...what is helpful is the clothes that are too big and the nice comments from people saying I now have cheek bones :)

Went a fancy dress party last night and catching up with old friends and dinner with husband before the party. I just tried to keep high protein, low carb which was fine AND then had discussed with CDC drinking just vodka and soda (maybe have a couple)...he said might have a terrible hangover next day as not drunk in a while. Sadly 2 vodkas turned into some cocktails... had a really good night and yes do feel a tad hungover this morning. BUT instead of having a big breakfast as my body would have been keen for I had a strawberry shake ;) I really want to have a good two weeks...just need to stick with it and not get side tracked! (tis hard with people always wanting to go out for dinner/drinks!).

BMI down to 30 - nearly "just" overweight ;)

We'll done on the losses so far, I found that getting on the scales every second day, helped me first time on the diet, cause you knew if you stuck to it 100%, you would lose 200 grams ( 1/2 pound ). It just helped me stay on track. Keep staying strong you will be at goal in no time.

Thanks Mick - was just look at your amazing loss to date!!!!...amaaazing! I just need to stop beating myself up when things do 't go according to plan... after drinking last night felt like crap and wanted to eat crap today - I held off but was at an afternoon "do" this afternoon at a friends and ate a couple of things I shouldn't and felt like crap (bloated!). Starting fresh tomorrow and reminding myself I've lost over 8kgs in less than 5 weeks...if i stick with it I'll be at goal soon!!! Hope you have a good week x

Will do, my weigh in is tonight. Dont do what I did started liking the look of my new self, and started to cheat bits here and there, Just go at it 100%, you can do it.

Mick you hit the nail on the head... Gone down a size in pants, getting some nice comments and felt like I slackened off a bit but it's just not worth it <sat drinking my veg broth> ;). Thankfully when ice got the structure of work I find it relatively easy - just the weekends I find harder! Good luck with the weigh-in - will be channeling big numbers for you :D

Have been going good since Monday... Forgot to take a shake out with me today so did chick and veg broth (no noodles) - had a bit of poached chicken in it so hoping not too bad - sounds kind of like a Ss plus meal. Went to see GP today at recommendation of CDC due to my tiredness - he was shocked at my loss and looked at the graph oft weight over the years I've loved in Oz and he said you've never been this light before. Had a bunch of blood taken - he's tested for a bunch of stuff to make sure nothing wrong. Wish I was getting weighed this week but CDC is away. Have a dinner out on Friday but won't be drinking and it's a Brazilian BBQ so basically all meats! So shouldn't have too many probs with just protein - just need to choose wisely with the protein !!

Hope everyone is having a good week :)

Brazillian meal last night to celebrate a friend becoming registered as a psychologist - started out on meats (lots to choose from) - all very nice. had some green salads aswell. Didn't drink in the hope of keeping up good choices!! They then brought out deep fried bananas coated in cinnamon and sugar and had a few of them..then a few more :( Checked this morning and completely out of ketosis <no surprise>... so back on track here. Get weighed in next weekend - so hofeully can make some gains in the loss department as my own scales don't appear to be showing a lot of movement lately! :/ Should probably stop getting weighed at home BUT hard not to when not getting weighed in for 2 weeks!)

How are you going Carrie, when is your weigh in mate.

Hey Mick

Just got weighed in after 2 weeks and 1.8kg loss, so happy with that considering is has not bee a 100% fortnight. Lost over 10kgs now which is amazing really in about 7 weeks. That would have taken me months on WW previously. Went out shopping for clothes last weekend as current ones are too big and looking a bit silly. Was amaazing trying pants on in a size 14. Probably need a couple more kgs down to be in them super comfortably but bought a couple of pairs to motivate me to crack on :) I also bought a size 14 dress which i wore for work on Monday. Everyone was telling me how it was hanging off me (partly due it not being a fitted dress - BUT was weird hearing the comments).

Spoke to CDC today as still being feeling very tired - no contact from GP yet as I had bloods taken last week to check there wasn't a problem (maybe no news is good news!?). We agreed I'd start of SS+ this week so finally some solid food :) Although i don't eat fish or cottage cheese so am limited to chicken and turkey - does anyone have any suggestions as to what they have on SS+? I thought we could have eggs but he said no :/ Am debating trying going back to the gym tomorrow for a spin class!!! Has been 7 weeks (i must be so unfit!). But doing a 4km fun run in May with my son so had better get back into it :)

How re you going Mick?

Did get back the gym yesterday BUT not to a spin class (was an early one!)...BUT went to the gym and did the start of the couch to 5km programme. Was much nicer running 10kgs lighter i can tell you. I decided to sign up for the City2Surf run here a 14km run from Sydney city to the beach. Haven't run in ages so had better get some practice in. Felt great and had lots more energy yesterday BUT felt really hungry today (first time I've actually been really hungry since doing this)...had some extra turkey. Even if I burnt 200 calories yesterday that doesn't leave you with a lot to function! :O How does everyone else cope with doing exercise on such low calories?

I've been told to stay well away from the gym until i'm at goal weight as muscles weighs more then fat so you won't see as much losses, but also you'll be under eating as you'll be creating a deficit with your workout. I stick to sit up's, side crunches and squats 3 times a week.

You are allowed 2 eggs a day on SS+ so your CDC is incorrect.

With SS+ you are pretty limited but you could have a stirfry? I just ate a lot of salads lol..

xoxo

Yeah I've just been having salads which I like so not an issue. Debating the gym as I felt so hungry after going which makes sense but seems odd not going to the gym or doing any exercise - I miss spin class but like you say would be in a massive deficit! Hmmmm.....

Sat at hairdressers - been desperate for a cut - was thinking about going shorter but my face in roundish although lost some weight in face - it's hard for it to sink in that I'm starting to look a bit difft! You do t always see what other people see.

Hairdresser said I suit a bob - so he just gave it a good trim and took lots of weight out of it - my hair is normally straight but had it curly that night as was in Top Gun fancy dress!!!

Viita - my hair did look good in that picture - never looks like that lol lots of tonging action! It's now a shorter bob but got more layers in so has a bit more shape to it.

Has been a weird week this week incorporating the 120g of protein and some veggies... I haven't been weighing anything which I probably should. A couple of times haven't had my shake aswell - have forgotten! AND I have been having eggs (CDC said not to), cos everywhere (I know Viita you said aswell) you can on SS+. It makes a big difference as i don't eat fish, seafood or cottage cheese - so chicken and turkey a bit limiting. I made a 2 egg omelette with spinach and courgette with a bit of a mini cucumber and fennel salad with some dill. was pretty nice and filling too :) I'm not keeping to the 2 tablespoons of greens though - it's hardly worth having anything for 2 tablespoons - so not sure if that will make a difference?

Been selling my clothes this week to fund new ones, so love buying smaller clothes - i bloody love it! :) Not getting weighed this week till Wednesday - and CDC only available at night which sucks as i can weigh 2kgs more at night - ah well suppose ti will even out in the end :)

Went to the gym again today (went once last week)...was just nice slowly getting back into some exercise but taking it easy.

I'm going on holiday to Fiji in June and keep looking at swimwear and what to buy? Bit early yet to be buying things. When people have had big holidays what have they done with the diet? just eaten what you want? taken it easy? taken shakes with you?

Did a spin class this morning!..have been hanging to get back to it. Thought I would give it a go and sit at the back in case I felt feint, I could just leave. It went really well - didn't feel dizzy or anything! Was keen for an early lunch though - will be interesting to see how that impacts on weight-in this week as you are supposed to burn in XS of 400 calories per session!!! So hoping the fat is melting away! Although conscious aswell I may be building muscle.

Weigh-in tomorrow :)

Good luck for tomorrow.

Back