The Check-in Point

Not giving in Hules!! Ace work, it can be like fighting a the devil on your shoulder, constantly whispering, that this won't hurt and that won't hurt... then after a while well, you've already blown it, might as well go for it big style!
Not listening to it and taking the high road is a real achievement.... keeping busy and having a busy plan if needs be are good things to have... I knit... sticky fingers and nice yarn don't mix!

Not giving in Hules!!!
Who? You or me :D I'm trying hard not to give in, tough I've definitely been wobbling (in more ways than one ;)). However, I feel different this morning. I'm sort of trying the no-count system today. Still vintage points, but using core foods. I went out for my run/shuffle this morning (28mins) then had some special K (2.5). Went to the dentist, uniform shop, work briefly, then back here. Trying to listen to my body and my stomach is definitely starting to rumble so I think I'll put the washing out and then make some lunch. No crisps yet whoo hoo! And I'm not going to get any in that I like this week either. You're right Ali, I must start listening to the good monkey on my shoulder rather than the bad one (our houses version of the devil/angel :D).

Well done Lorny honey, two more days, til you know and you've done really well. You're making loads of brilliant choices. How did it go last night filling up on veggies?

Hi I'm so glad to find this thread it's so reassuring to know other people are back on the discover plan as wen I was last on ww I really enjoyed going to the meetings and talking to others in the same situation as me!
Can I ask what all ur goals are and when u started ww again! I would like to lose 3st if I can like I did the last time I did ww, plus my boyfriend and I have been invites to a wedding in October in Portugal Sony would really like to be lighter for that. I have a gym membership and try and go 2-3 days in the week and one day at the weekend! Plus I'm thinking about doing the 30 day squat challenge :) I'm a nanny so my day is generally quite long and busy anyway but I need to get my grazing under control again! X

Yay! You made it :D!

I want to get back down to 11st. I'm not slim at that weight (I was 10st when I got married 13 years ago) but I feel nice, curvy, but not fat if you know what I mean. I will aim for a bit lower if I get there and feel like I could keep going, but I'll wait and see. This means I have another 1st 10lbs to go, but blimey it's hard going at the moment, don't know why?? (actually I guess I do know why, junk snacks, but I mean why do I keep eating them?? They're in my mouth and gone before I realise what I am doing!) When I did this 2 years ago it came off at a rate of 2lbs minimum a week! *sigh* guess I'll keep plodding along!

I'm away in October too, off to Chicago so I really really want to look nice. Also I just turned 40 and it's time to sort out my eating - I don't want to be frumpy (or skinny either), just look nice, healthy and happy!

Anyway, enough of that, because so far I'm having a good day food wise. I had a no-count pancake thing made with no flour but oatbran instead and cottage cheese !! Had with banana and berries from the garden with it and it was delish - but the best thing was that I couldn't finish it! I got full up and stopped - whhoooaa! That NEVER happens! I'm sitting here at the computer and I'm still full! Heh!

That's fantastic that ur full up and didn't finish it all, snacks r difficult I'm surrounded by them wen I'm at work as their in the house for the kiddies, but I think if I remember from last time I used to snack on pink n whites as their only 1.5pts I think, and u get that sugar taste thanks to the marshmallow :) Pom bears and snack a jacks are good too 1.5pts I think.
I lost 3 stone last time so I'm hoping ill be able to do the same again plus I drink 2lts of water a day now and joined the gym so hoping that will all help to shift the weight a little quicker! I guess only time will tell :)
Where do u get ur recipes from? That's the thing u say a goal weight and then find wen u get down to it, u may look perfect or too slim or need to lose a bit more! So only time will tell I guess :)
It will be the first hot holiday abroad I've had with my boyfriend so I want to feel comfortable plus going to a wedding is a great incentive so I have to stay strong and persevere :) xx

You will! Recipes I get from all over, I like browsing blogs and such.

Good news on the pink n whites is that they are actually 0.5p :) (or 1.5 for 2 if I remember correctly) Have you tried them zapped in the microwave for 10 secs? They puff up like crazy then go all gooey (think marshmallows over a campfire!) yum! I'm trying to avoid empty snacks though :(?

I used to love pink n whites! I'd have two, plus an options hot choccy, so that was a pretty decent night time snack! Last night's veg really hit the spot! I didn't get hungry at all, and I actually woke up not hungry! I was pretty naughty today though. All planned, but probably not the best way to spend my points. I had two pitchers of Pimm's and lemonade. I'd had a latte and crisps beforehand when I met my sister, which was 4pts. Then I counted the two pitchers at 16 points. I'm not sure how much they are really, but there are about four glasses in each, with ice, and three shots of Pimm's, and an equal amount of lemonade. I tried to find the points but I couldn't. I've just had 3.5pts of potato and 0.5pt mayo with a ton of spring greens and cauliflower. So it's been a liquid diet today... But I'm almost 100% sure I stayed within points. The pub didn't have diet lemonade, but I figured 8 points per pitcher was pretty safe. Hopefully I haven't gone over, but I don't have a points guide and the forum is really hard to search for points.

I've got a points guide, what shall I look up? Pimms?

I've had a fab day, what on earth is going on? :D I had quorn fajitas but with mini jacket spuds :) . It was lovely and the only snack I had all day was a handful of cherries. Bit hungry again now before bed but feeling good. I've done the no-count all day with only 1 point used that wasn't no count food. Counted it up in normal points too and it came to 15.5 points so clawed some back too, yay!

That's so good! Well done! Surely that's enough to claw together yesterday's points? Or whenever it was... Hopefully you'll have a good loss on Thursday!

I'd like to know pimms and lemonade really. It was half and half pimms to lemonade, or three parts lemonade to two pimms, but it was mostly ice.

Well, a pub measure 25ml is 0.5p (that's good isn't it!) And the only lemonade I can find is 330ml for 2p. Can you work it out from that?

I've really got my fingers crossed for thurs, it wasn't good this morning!

Just read your post back, looks to be about 2.5 points a pitcher :)

If that's the case, I'd say 3pts for the pimms, then 3pts for lemonade per pitcher, cuz it was pretty watered down but not fizzy. It might have been a 50ml cap, so I had better be safe! It really was about half and half though. Well that makes me feel better! I'm having a sugar crash right now though. I've only just eaten a big plate of food an hour ago, but the sugar high is over!

What wasn't good this morning?

So you have the points for a little hunger staving top up then! I'm thinking toast? Or a banana? Or a banana sarnie :)

I was in bed as well, but I'd never have gotten to sleep. I'm absolutely shattered though. Even though I've had late nights and early starts, I just can't get to sleep in this heat. Even with the window open, there's no breeze!

Do you think you might keep up with the no-counting thing?

Oh, and welcome to our little thread, Mel-Lou!

Ahh who knows if I can keep it going or not, though I'm definitely going to give it another go tomorrow.

Hopefully by now you're back in bed and manage to sleep okay too x x

G
Morning all!
Good to see that you're repairing the 'damage' in a sensible way Hules no count days are good if you need bulk in your diet, to get you through the day!
Well yesterday I had no brekkie.... out waay too early, soup for lunch. Fresh pineapple and a banana for snacks and the HairyDieters Jambalaya for dinner, also had a skinny chai latte, a WW choc bar and 1800ml water (Yay me for the water!) Went to bed at 10pm as I was shattered!
with the exception of the latte and WW bar, it could have easily been a no count day!
Plus I'm slowly moving, one day at a time to a Friday/ Saturday morning weigh in.... So Weighed in yesterday and I'd lost 2.6kg... that's 5.75lb in English! Not bad for a week one... would have been better if I'd not had such a good weekend!

Thanks, Hules. I know it's crazy, but I feel like I need permission to eat! Well, more, approval, like I need to know would I still lose weight if I ate... I have work later, I switched shifts with my friend cuz I was supposed to go to Kent tomorrow, but I'm not after all. This shift is a bit better, 3-7, as opposed to 4.30-9.30. It does mean I lose an hour's money, but she's travelling anyway so needs the money. I also don't have a break, which means I'll have some dinner at lunch, and then have a shake or something this evening after work. Then I'm looking forward to weigh day; I've been 100% this week, and it so easily could have gone to pot!

Ali, you've done pretty bloody well! If you had everything in points, it's nothing to worry about, even if you did have a mundane weekend! Regardless, you've lost nearly 6lb in the first week, which is amazing. I haven't lost that in two!

Another sunny day in the Midlands, wish I had a pool in my back garden!

You definitely need to eat all your points up lorny, it's not as if you have so many you don't need them. Plus on your liquid :D diet yesterday you were under by a fair few. One day until weigh in, let's make it count :)

It's finally dawning on me that to not be hungry (and hopefully lose a little bit more each week) I'm going to have to make some sensible choices. I CAN have a packet of crisps, but every now and then, as a treat, but not 3 a day. I can have a jacket potato and chilli for that!

Ali, you're right about the no-count, that's what I thought, my usual foods are no-county anyway and you get 35 points on vintage to use on no-count stuff a week. So I'm going to see if I can do it. I'm going to see if it'll stop me eating the rubbish and make me plan a bit more. I'm still recording points too, just being guided by no-count rules.

My knee's a bit twingey this morning, hope I've not pulled it!

I just panicked really, I really didn't have a clue on the drinky front. If a can is 2pts, I probably had four cans worth at the most, and then 300ml of Pimm's at the most. So essentially I could have been 2pts off the allowance. I got up and ate a few potatoes that I had been saving, at 1pt. It was just enough to line my stomach and help me relax! I didn't sleep too easy though, but it was a bit easier.

It's good you're really thinking about your choices now, I try to keep away from snacks purely so that I have extra to eat later. 2pts of potatoes is a lot more filling that 2pts of potato crisps! I never have jackets though, I feel like they're too many points in themselves, and I like beans, and cheese.. and coleslaw... and butter spread stuff.... So, all in all, they end up at about 15pts when I have them 'my' way. :D I think I rarely have beans at all these days, and for a veggie, that's bad news! I think they're too high in points, and there isn't a lot to have with them that's free. I suppose I could add them to a beany curry thing, and have veggies and what have you, with a curry paste. Sounds like a plan!

I've never done a no-count thing, or even heard of it, actually! I don't think I could trust myself to not count, I'd end up being cheeky and having extras. I need to be firm! I'm off to the gym later, going to do my usual walky thing. I haven't been since Friday, which is bad, but Saturday I ached sooo bad, Sunday it isn't open... Errmm... Monday I wasn't up early, and it was sweltering and I lacked motivation... Tuesday, yesterday, I was meeting my sister so I knew we'd have a bit of a walk about, but she was late so we didn't walk about as much as I'd planned. I could have gone in the morning before I met her, but I didn't realise what time she was actually getting there until she got there! So today, I plan to have a good hour of solid walking, and then the same tomorrow I imagine, and Friday. I don't know what'll happen on Saturday, depends on how I feel after three days of it, but I don't have work, so I imagine I should probably want to go. On Sunday I'm having my hair done, so I can't go to the gym as I have to have hair that's easy to work with, and I can't blow dry my hair as it's in such bad condition. So here's hoping for a good 'end' to the week, and a good 'start' to the week too, even if I don't get to the gym this weekend.

I'm a bit worried about Sunday, though, as it's my friend doing my hair, and she wants to make a day of it, as girls do, and she wants snacks and all sorts. I'm thinking of getting some popcorn for myself, and if she wants takeaway, I get a grilled kebab again. She may want to buy stuff to cook, in which case, I can't exactly buy myself a low point pizza. :-/ I could just buy some herbs and veggies, and grill the vegetables myself, and have a pitta or wrap or something.

Right, I have my shop guide out, we can find a low point pizza. There are loads of healthier pizzas and I know they're probably not as exiting as the cheese loaded usual types, but we're making sensible options here! :) So what do you like? Chicago town 4 cheese thin & crispy (101g) is only 6 points! Can you not tell your friend that you are trying to be 'good' and at least then she'll be able to get snacks and things in that are appropriate? Another thing we like to do is buy par baked baguettes (5 points each but we usually have half), bake for about 6 mins, top it with tomato puree/ketchup mixed, blobs of ELF cream cheese and tonnes of veg and pop back in the oven to melt/char. They're lovely and we really kike the whole make it yourself thing. You keep saying that if 'she wants to...', but if you got in there first saying 'I'd like to have...' you could keep control of what you are having (OR could you arrive armed with all the stuff ready to pop in the oven? :D) xx

I lurrvee jacket spuds, 2.5 points plus laughing cow light cheese triangle, leftovers from yesterdays quorn fajita and a HUGE mount of salad leaves from my garden yuuummmmmy! I like to make a kind of vinaigrette too wit white wine vinegar, splenda and course grain mustard (0p). So overall no more than 4 points. I usually have spuds like this or with chilli or curry. I rarely have cheese and beans nowadays and I can't afford the cheese. Actually I'm a bit off melted cheddar cheese anyway, would prefer a bit of melted stilton or brie which you need less of anyway.

I've just had a mahoosive bowl of oats, banana, strawbs, raspberries and blackcurrants topped with milk and splenda. Full again Yay! Off to do a food shop in a bt!

Back