The Check-in Point

I'm a student, Mel-Lou! I'm on summer now. I also work, and for the next month I'll be full time for a month! Luckily, over two pays, so I don't get it all taxed! :p I weighed in, and I lost 2lbs this week. I was hoping for more, after such a good week, but it's the right direction after all!

2lbs is still great, well done honey! You had a few drinks first thing, it may have affected the result. Perhaps you could hop on tomorrow too just to check?

I cycled to the shops today in the sunshine, really enjoyed it. Plus I do love a bit of retail therapy. Also going shopping with my friend this eve :)

I hope you're having a good time, Hules! I like keeping busy like that. I don't have a bike, I used to ride one when I lived with my parents, and it was my sister's. It was a boy's bike though, and cuz I'm quite short it would get pretty scary! I saw a Victoria Pendleton designed bike, which is a ladies' style, but is £250. I'd have it just to get about quicker, as I just hate walking everywhere and it takes so long!

I wasn't too disappointed, cuz it's the same advice I tell everyone! I did think since it's still only my second week, I'd do a bit better. But I might hop on tomorrow just to see. I've been good today, going to have some fruit and yogurt later.

2lb is a fantastic loss, u need to think its not 2lbs on! For some reason I thought u had been on it for longer then 2 weeks, how much did u lose in ur first week? How long have u been on the plan for hules? I wish I had a bike again, on days like this it would be so nice to go for a Leisurely bike ride :)

I lost 3.8lbs in my first proper week, I did a bit of dodgy dieting the week before and lost 1lb. I did the diet a long time ago, and it worked, which is why I'm starting again on this one. I didn't go to the gym today, I'm knackered!

I hope everyone's doing well and feeling good!

I'm waayyy too hot! Just had a yoghurt and weirdly it's cooled me down a bit!

I'm still feeling strong foodie wise. I was in a rush and forgot to have brekkie this morning - I was wondering why I felt so hungry about 10! All happy and contented now with a homemade baked oat and fruit combi thing (think flap jack but nowhere as yummy because there is no sugar, up or butter in it!) Filled a gap though. Yesterday I found some WW dairy spread in Asda - 0points! (for 10g) I had spread in my sandwich for the first time in years! Mind you, I wasn't overly bothered. I guess it'll be nice if I have a bit of toast.

I had a nice evening out thanks Lorny, my friend and I like to mooch around the late night shops and jabber away. I bought a lovely light floaty dress thingy that goes over a sleeveless top. Really nice in this heat I thought - and doesn't show any lumps and bumps either.

I've been trying to los weigh on and off for ages, but only really focussed again for about the last 4 weeks. I must say it does feel quite good to be under control again, long may I last!

Long may we all last! I almost thought to eat some crap yesterday, but I didn't. I just told myself that 2lbs is normal, and I didn't starve myself, so that 2lbs will stay off. I keep reading loads of stories on the inspiration bit, and I want it now so badly, but I can't have it yet.

How did you make your little bake thing, and how many points? Do you think it'll be nice washed down with a nice coffee? :D I rarely eat bread now, when I keep bread in the flat I'm too tempted to toast it all and have loads of butter. I've found that having less things that are easily eaten, such as crisps, bread, cereal bars, etc, I'm not snacking out of boredom so much.

Long may we all last! I almost thought to eat some crap yesterday, but I didn't. I just told myself that 2lbs is normal, and I didn't starve myself, so that 2lbs will stay off. I keep reading loads of stories on the inspiration bit, and I want it now so badly, but I can't have it yet.

How did you make your little bake thing, and how many points? Do you think it'll be nice washed down with a nice coffee? :D I rarely eat bread now, when I keep bread in the flat I'm too tempted to toast it all and have loads of butter. I've found that having less things that are easily eaten, such as crisps, bread, cereal bars, etc, I'm not snacking out of boredom so much.

Well done for resisting hun, it's easy to give in when it's not what you hoped for, however 2 lbs IS good, and keep remembering that next year you will be gutted if that 2 lbs our more is back on.

I made up the bake as I went along, just loads of fruit, sauted to soften and get a bit of liquid. Mashed some nanas in and mixed with oats and sweeter. I then baked it (nuked it). It was pretty stodgy to be honest, I could have made it loads better with other ingredients but I was trying to only use core foods. It has potential, just not great yet. Still eating it though :) worked out to be about 1.5 points a flapjack sized slice.

I think you've made s good point about the 'easy to eat' foods. I've not got many in the house this week and its made a difference. It's quicker to have a bit of fruit and if I'm making something it may as well be a proper meal.

How's things going today?

They're OK, but I've mentioned that I had half or so of a big bag of pretzels. Can't believe I did it but I didn't realise until I was packing up to go. A big mistake! But this is only my third week, so there were bound to be some kinks to iron out. That being one of them! How has your day been today? Been sticking to your points, unlike me?!

They're OK, but I've mentioned that I had half or so of a big bag of pretzels. Can't believe I did it but I didn't realise until I was packing up to go. A big mistake! But this is only my third week, so there were bound to be some kinks to iron out. That being one of them! How has your day been today? Been sticking to your points, unlike me?!

Have you worked the points out for them yet? You need to know so you can organise things in your head. Also you are right about being only a few weeks in. We all have some habits that we are trying hard to break, and its not that easy. Don't be too hard on yourself sweetie, it's so hard when you're out and about.

I'm good, core is really working for me at the moment. Something is switched on, hopefully I can keep it up.

Hi, not sure if I should post here or not but I am switching back to weight watchers discover plan having been on slimming world for the past 4 weeks. I have decided I prefer the old WW plan so here I am! I have just under 3 stone to lose!

Course you can post on here :). It just looks like a private conversation because there's just a few of us :) (well mostly me and lorny) we do love company though :). Have you started back on it yet? Or are you 'preparing' today? :)

Whoa, went for a fair few smilies there! :) :) :)

I've been out walking with the clan today. Walked for 4 1/2 hours and 5 miles. It was in the Peak District too so looootttts of hills. It was lovely though, even climbed up into a cave which is brave for me - I'm a real wuss when it comes to stuff like that. We also walked along this thin path that ran along the crag side for ages, then it ran out (land slide)! We had to scramble down the side to the bottom, V scary!

Pooped now but had a hot shower and feeling back to normal. I get so hot if I go up any sort of hillage. I HATE being all sweaty when I'm walking, and I hate that the hubby doesn't even glow ! I don't know what to do about that apart from lose more weight.

How's everyone gotten on today?

Hey lorny, how'd you're new hair go? (and the Chinese buffet?) X

I do like a good thunder and lightning storm :) and still bucketing down this morning too. My garden and veggies are sighing a huge sigh of relief :)

How's everyone getting on? Where is everyone? :confused:

I'm still plodding along, felt a bit like I was about to fall off yesterday my when I counted it all up I was fine. Really hopeful for a good loss this week but my leg is still sore from walking so I'm not going to run today.

Hello! Sorry! I've had such a busy couple of days, that I've not even had time to read the app properly. I'm at home now, after a couple hours at work and did a shop. A nice healthy one! My hair went well thanks, Hules! I did have the buffet, but I had one scoop of egg rice, one scoop of chow mein, I can't remember actually, and I think about 10 spring rolls, which I pointed at 1pt each. I know I stayed in budget though, the deep fried stuff was naughty, but I pointed it, and I rarely have anything in oil now, so it made for a nice treat!

Glad you've been good too, Hules. I bet you worked up so many activity points on that walk!

Well done on the Chinese sweetie. It was a good job that you went in prepared.

Are you still blue? X

Hi guys sorry not been on over the weekend it comes and goes so quickly next thing I know it's Monday again, been trying to be good but I must admit I'm finding it hard, especially in this heat, but I so want to do it and I know if I can just get through the first few days and then one week ill be fine, not been tracking so much and I think that's my downfall, it helps keep control so much. So going to start off strong tomorrow! Glad ur both still doing well and here to talk to it helps so much. X

Right lady, I hope you've got your tracker out ? I HAVE to fill mine in or I wander off the path :s, mind you following core has meant I haven't had to do it until the end of the day.

What's your tracker like? Mine's an A6 simple thick notebook from paperchase with an elastic strip thing holding it closed and my pen in (like what you get on a diary - I put it on myself). I've got all my charts, measurements, pics and recipes in there too :D

Back