The journey to a new me!

Sorry you're not feeling well hun, have you had any paracetamols?
I know it is cold but freezing sunshine flavours in to ice lollies will help your throat.
You're doing fabulous on the weight loss front... 28 days in, you have cracked it!
Good luck with your WI, let us know how you get on. x x

Hello sunflower!

Found your diary - and being a fellow South African, I'm going to join in on this thread too!

I find your willpower amazing! 99kgs is also my first major milestone which I'm hoping to get to at Friday's WI (but due to my very very bad week this week - possibly only next Friday!)

Water is fine for me and I manage most days between 3 and 4litres.

Yep, I only really noticed the loss at around 6 weeks when I looked at my 'before' and 'after' pics. Others are only now starting to notice, and they see it in my face. Say I'm not as bloated (makes me wonder what i looked like at the start!)

I weighed EXACTLY the same as you at the start of my diet 115.7kg! Hows that!?!:eek:

I'm also a serial weigher, but have decided I need to stop that with immediate effect. So have not weighed now in 2 days! LOL! I'm down 15kgs and want to reach my goal of 99kgs soon.

I have to cook/prepare meals for my kids - so I cant remove food from my everyday life. I find preparing them dinner is really hard.

My consultant is moving me to step 3 (2 products and one meal) in May (financial constraints of me being a single parent).... so I've been researching this and admit to feeling quite aprehensive from going from 410cal to 1000cal a day overnight!!!

My downfall is puddings, chocolate and wine. Funnily enough, had NONE of these cravings in the 8 weeks I've been doing this diet. What I DO WANT is something protein filled - like a piece of chicken or meat!

Did you marry a british bloke? Where in SA are you from?

Hey jillybeans!!! You found me! I was born in Cape Town, lived there for 26 years till I moved to the UK.

Yes I met my husband here and we got married 5 months ago! Very happy!

I would say race you to 99, but i think you would win ;-)

So my fourth week WI was tonight, and I lost 2.6kg! That's almost 6 lbs!

So now I have lost a total of 11.3kgs (almost 25lbs) in four weeks! Really happy with that!

Cough is still there but I am taking medicine for it so hopefully it will be gone soon :)

So now I have lost a total of 11.3kgs (almost 25lbs) in four weeks! Really happy with that!

Cough is still there but I am taking medicine for it so hopefully it will be gone soon :)

Well done! that's an excellent result :) x

That is a flippen AMAZING loss!!! You should be proud of yourself!~ WELL DONE!!!!!!!

My WI is tomorrow and I was really hoping to get under 100kgs..... but I'm not weighing today and will wait till tomorrow but not holding much hope as I've had a DISASTOROUS week! The worst week so far (see mini challenge details!)... very disapointed in myself... but you are motivating me to get focused - that is an AMAZING LOSS!

I'm a Jhb girl - born and bred!

:Na_Na_Na_Na:

Hi Sunflower

Well done on your weight loss, and everyone else.

Also put a smile on my face when u wore that nice dress people noticed the weight loss, its complainments that get u through those days!

I had my first weigh in on CD and lost 9lbs was delighted, I decided to change from 2 shakes and a soup to 2 soups 1 shake, i just hate the shakes.

@ jillybean my downfall was wine or spirts as I use go out alot but unfortunely I had an accident and im on very strong painkillers so i suppose its a good thing in a way drinking is the devil and when you look at it theres the same amount of calories in a Glass of wine as there is in a cream cake, would much rather the cake!

E x

So today is day 31, I still have a cold, and feeling sorry for myself.
Have been sticking to the plan however don't know if it was a good idea or not as I still feel very sick :-( have been taking lots of medicine but that oddly is making me bring up what appears to be foam (TMI sorry)

Went out last night to friends for dinner. Took two packs with me, and still managed to be tempted by her baking! Had one small meringue which I ate very slowly. Then came home, cried and had a piece of dry toast because I was feeling so very crap. :'-(

I am still losing whilst sick but at a lot slower rate. Just wish this cold would disappear so I can get back to feeling normal again!

Hey emz33

Thanks! It did feel good when everyone noticed! Good luck with your next WI I am sure it will be a good one!

Aww sorry you're still feeling so poorly. Have you thought of having a lean and green meal on plan everyday until you feel better? Its so hard to recover if you're not eating anything. CONGRATS on the wonderful weightlosses so far though... You have done so well under such difficult circumstances. X x

I was about to say something similar. The 2nd week I started this diet I got flu and my CDC said to look at the book at the SS+ meals, and have something off it when I felt really really bad. I had a boiled egg the one day and chicken breast the next and actually felt almost human after that!!

I'm amazed you only had one merangue. I find, once I snack on ONE thing - it sort of gives me the open door to snack on something else, as I've already stuffed up the day!!! That was me last night. Had some billtong - then found a pack of open cocktail sausages which I had to clean up - and then the Ice Cream tub was sorted!!!!

We all have good and bad days. We are human. The thing is not to throw in the towel totally coz of ONE bad moment - thats all it is - a MOMENT. I feel horrendously guilty after eating.

The thing is to get well. Your body is obviously trying to tell you something - so maybe go boil some eggs to keep on standby.:grouphugg::grouphugg:

Today is day one for me and day one to using a forum so hope I have successfully posted??!

Was delighted to hear so many exciting stories and the support this site can offer. Day one and lunchtime has passed, managed to prepare the kids lunch and then my soup without the temptation. My tummy is rumbling though!!!!!

Today is day one for me and day one to using a forum so hope I have successfully posted??!

Was delighted to hear so many exciting stories and the support this site can offer. Day one and lunchtime has passed, managed to prepare the kids lunch and then my soup without the temptation. My tummy is rumbling though!!!!!

Keep at it jom! Starting your own diary helps I find.... It is very therapeutic... You'll prob struggle a bit for first week but keep drinking the water, black T and coffee... Green T and you will be just swell!! Gooood luck! X

Thanks everyone for your support and encouragement! Day 32 today. Feeling better- there is light at the end of the sickness tunnel! :-D

Happy Easter too! Today my parents are coming to visit so I am having a SS + day. We are taking them to a pub and I have already chosen the meal I will have. Going to try stick to it. My husband says I can have an Easter egg tomorrow as a reward :)

Feeling better than I have and luckily even with feeling ill and having so much medicine I have still managed to lose weight each day (serial daily weigher) which is encouraging :)

So to the new starters commenting on my diary, keep at it as even when ill, you can stick to it and still lose! (Albeit a lot less than normal!) good to everyone today trying to be good on Easter Sunday! Do not be tempted by the yummy food! Stay strong! Don't cave!

OMG CHOCOLATE EVERYWHERE!

I'm trying to be strong, I no if I have a small bit it won't hurt but ill feel bad afterwards and then maybe be out of ketosis so I don't think ill bother!

How is everyone finding it today? Happy Easter

E x

Haven't had any Choc, but did have a half roast chicken with side salad. Lefts lot of the chicken behind! Had a tiny tiny mouthful of Choc brownie my husband had :)

Got a headache whilst eating the chicken which is why I stopped. Plan on having one Easter egg tomorrow :) then all back to normal. Simples :)

Funny - I had some choc brownie and also had the most horrific headache! How was the lunch? I've managed a 100% today - with difficulty.... just had choc shake but could really do with some of the kids chicken and rice!

I got a baby lindt bunny for easter which is in the fridge for a few months....

Back