The mountain won't be climbed by sitting at the bottom!

I can't figure out how to post a photo of the shoes!

Anyway, I've completed a week and have lost 2lb! At first I was a little disappointed as when I've done SW before I've lost 4 or 5 in the first week but then I thought about what I had eaten the few days before I started and it was basically crap! Plus, 2lb is what i want to average each week so that's great :)

How are you getting on Clare? Congratulations on your 2lb loss!

Hello! All going good. Have been out for a couple of meals but making good choices. Am at at a friends this weekend, leaving this afternoon, so did a weigh in this morning as won't have access to scales for weigh in tomorrow... Another 2lbs off! So pleased! Those meals out only accounted for 3 meals in 21 over a week and I was really good the rest of the time. Staying at friends will be a challenge this weekend as I won't have a choice in what food is served.

How are you getting on? X

:winner: Another 2lbs off? Well done and especially as you've eaten out a few times.

You'll be OK at your friends, I'm sure - can you tell them that you're cutting down on fat a bit (as that's what SW basically is!)? Do you think they'd be supportive? I know if I had a friend to stay who was following SW or Atkins or something I would definitely try to tweak things a bit for them.

I'm trundling on nicely - had a big unexpected loss this week so feeling very positive and motivated today.

Have a lovely weekend!

Ok so weekend away was lovely but I was so naughty! Oh well, I'm not wasting time berating myself but I'm getting straight back on it. A new incentive is that my friend and I have decided to go to New York for a couple of weeks in October... I'm a big fan of there and have been lucky enough to go many times as a good friend used to live there. This time I'll be thin enough to buy clothes in regular shops. I'll be thin enough to comfortably fit in that plane seat. I'll be thin enough to comfortably walk all over Manhattan. And I can't wait to enjoy the city I know so well in a far healthier state. Bring it on!

How have you been getting on?

Well, I had a very enjoyable weekend last week at my friends and all good intentions went out the window! I made sure I stuck to plan 100% but obviously my decadence meant I STS. I'm disappointed, but only with myself at losing control. At the same time I'm pleased with myself for getting right back on it as if I hadn't i would have had a massive gain!

Onwards and upwards... New week, determination at max level!

How's it going for you? X

Oh and I went back to work today after 4 months off with a back injury... My uniform fits, no problem so I was really happy with that as the potential to put on a few stone was massive! As for how the return went- painful! I'm using lots of annual leave so that I can just do part time over the next couple of months.

One pound off this week, which I'm pleased about. I also measured myself as it has been 4 weeks and I've lost 8.5 inches! Delighted! Want to lose at least two pounds this week to reach the half stone mark, though at the moment I'm having a very, very, very strong pizza craving! Aaarrrggghhh! I'm going to make a chickpea curry instead and hopefully the pizza monster will disappear

So far so good on the alcohol front this weekend. It is normally my downfall but I haven't had one drink since last weekend.

So this week...
1) count the syns (some pesto syn guess work went on last week plus I did go over the 15 on two occasions).
2) drink more fluids. Most of the time I'm pretty good on this but know last week wasn't that great.
3) eat less fruit, eat more vegetables. I know that I'm allowed free fruit but I also know from past experience that if I switch to more veg instead, I get a better result.
4) increase the super speed foods!
5) don't give in to the pizza monster!

Oh dear me! I made the chickpea curry far too spicy. Sitting here with major indigestion! Thank goodness fat free fromage frais is syn free... Had to make loads of raita to cope with the curry. I was determinedi would eat it as my alternative would have been giving in to the pizza monster!

Hello there subbing if that's ok? Have you thought of making your own pizza using a pitta bread or a warburtons square wrap or even a flatten piece of chicken as the base? You could be naughty and tweak using smash as the base. I make pizza for either me or my OH (who's doing SW as well) at least once a week, it may not be the "real" thing but it might keep those cravings at bay x

One pound off this week, which I'm pleased about. I also measured myself as it has been 4 weeks and I've lost 8.5 inches! Delighted! Want to lose at least two pounds this week to reach the half stone mark, though at the moment I'm having a very, very, very strong pizza craving! Aaarrrggghhh! I'm going to make a chickpea curry instead and hopefully the pizza monster will disappear

Well done on your loss and also for resisting the pizza craving! Just to add to Barbette's suggestion you can now get wraps which are a healthy extra B choice - I have these on a green day so that I can use 2 x lots of cheese and then make a nice veggie pizza with mushrooms and peppers etc.

Loving the pizza suggestions! Thank you both... I will certainly try them.

This week is so far so good. I'm due my period which means an uncontrollable need for chocolate so I'm off to Holland and Barrett for scan bran to make a chocolate cake.

So todays planned menu is bran flakes with muller light and banana for breakfast, subway chicken salad for lunch, and I've still got some of the horrifically hot chickpea curry left which I'll have for my tea tonight (with loads of fat free fromage frais raita to try and cool it down). Syns will go on the scan bran chocolate cake.

I'm off to the cinema this afternoon so will have a big test when resisting the minstrels!

Jeans are a lot more comfortable today... dare I say a little too big? Great feeling :D

Well done on the jeans, a great NSV :D It's great when you're clothes start getting big you know you're losing weight, sometimes it's better than see numbers on the scales.

I don't like mother nature, I want to eat everything in sight the week before and I'm never satisfied no matter what I've eaten :(

Hope you have a great time at the cinema :)

I'm so weak! I had my lovely healthy subway salad but fell at the minstrel hurdle. A big bag of minstrels. All 42 syns worth all to myself. :(
Needless to say, the scan bran chocolate cake will not be made today (or tomorrow) in an effort to claw back those naughty syns.

Cinema was good- went to see grand Budapest hotel. Very funny. Ruined by minstrelgate.

I'll try to cut back for a couple of days as I'm taking my mum out for lunch on Saturday so want to flexi syn then. If the monthly cravings get too much then it will definitely be the scan bran cake, using the scan bran as a HEB.

I'm also trying to do mainly Green days this week as in the past I've found these more effective, but I don't do them all the time as I love chicken and fish.

Your weight loss is fantastic. I'm starting at near enough the same place you did so it is great to see all those weight loss milestones you've reached... inspirational :)

Thank you :D I've done it slow and steady and I'm no rush, I try not to pressure myself too much as it usually has the opposite effect. I did Green days only for the first year and have started mixing in some Red days which seem to have kick started my losses again. I don't eat meat but my OH does and he does EE so I know all the plans inside out.

I count my syns weekly rather than daily so if I go over one day it doesn't freak me out as long as I'm under 105 a week I'm happy, I usually aim for around 70 a week but it doesn't work for everyone I think it's about finding what works for you.

Back