The mountain won't be climbed by sitting at the bottom!

What did you think of the film? I absolutely loved it and I think the addition of some minstrels can only have made it more fab!

I usually just drop my Syns down to 5 per day if I've gone well over, and I tend to tick of weekly Syns rather than daily ones so if you tot up your weeklies (105 tops) you might find you still have a little wiggle room. :)

Slow and steady still gets the results. I'm impatient to leave the 18s and enter the 17s. In the past I've averaged half a stone a month which means I'll hit my target long before my intended September 2015 aim.
I need to stop being impatient. It took years to get this extra weight, it won't melt away in a flash!

Subscribing ;) iv just started SW this week can't stop weighing myself haha

Keep going ur doing great

Sent from my HTC One using MiniMins.com mobile app

The film was great- very funny. Love Wes Anderson films.

Think the weekly syns thing would really suit me as some days I don't have any and others I go a couple over.

Hi Chrissy! How's the first week going?

Yeah not bad altho I'm craving choc (that time of month coming) thankfully I lost ny bank card so can't buy any lol never thought I'd be thankful to lose my bank card lol

I'm in the same boat re the monthly cravings, hence Minstrelgate at the cinema! I'm going to make a scan bran chocolate cake tonight and eat the whole blooming lot (and loads of water to make it 'move south')

Love the bank card excuse! I've left mine in work before today to stop me being naughty :)

Well honestly if I had my card I would have already been to co op and been home and eaten both bags by now......yep u heard right TWO bags

Instead I'm having my dinner now yummy chicken curry, been in slow cooker since one lol

Love the slow cooker. And the chicken curry idea. Other than the scan bran chocolate cake I'm not very well prepared for tea tonight. Normally that would mean racing for the take away menu but I've got some quorn pieces in the freezer so might make a fake chicken curry!

Scan bran is this awful stuff that you can buy in sw class or Holland and Barrett. It's really high fibre and is a healthy extra b choice. It is meant to be used like Rivita but there are loads of recipes that make it far more palatable. If eaten on its own I think it tastes like wood. It is really good for speeding up weight loss but as it is so high in fibre you have to have loads of fluid with it or it bungs you up!

Sorry but scan bran is yuck lol. I make all the scan bran recipes with weetabix instead.
I find I don't panic as much if I have a bad day and go over my syns if I count weekly as long as I'm under at the end of the week I'm happy, I do try and stick to 70 or less syns a week.
"fake" chicken curry is awesome, I love SW korma

Definitely going to do the weekly syn count. Seems the best way to go!
The fake chicken curry was lovely. So glad herbs and spices can be used freely :)

Cake was good. Will try the weetabix version and going to try with ryvita too.

Do you replace 2 weetabix for 4 scan bran?

1lb off this week which I'm delighted about as it is that awful time of the month which usually shows as a 2-3lb gain!

So today is a flexi syn day as I'm taking my mum out for meal and drinks for mother's day (I'm working tomorrow). It is an extra special mother's day this year as she has had worrying memory problems and this week had a dementia screen which showed she doesn't have dementia and that her medication (which had been altered) is the likely cause... such a huge relief!

From tomorrow I'm doing the suggested weekly syn count as that should work better for me.

Flexi syns are used when you have a special occasion. You work out how many syns you are likely to have and try to stick to them. It allows you to enjoy yourself without worrying. It is only to be used very occasionally and get straight back on plan. I buffer it by increasing my superfree intake for the day before and after (so 2/3 plate rather than 1/3 plate).

Back