Total Solution This has to be it!

Hi Lynne, haven't been on for a couple of days. TBH, am kind of struggling but not with feeling hungry but just the need to eat. I was just so much more focused last time even though I was heavier on starting this time, that I just brushed away any eating urges. This time I've been giving in. Anyway, I've had a few naughty bits but only in small quantities and what I ate certainly didn't take me over 1,000 calories. Also, I don't think I've come out of ketosis as today I've only had 2 shakes and haven't felt hungry. I wouldn't normally only have two shakes but circumstances overtook me today and having had a shake at 9am I didn't get home until gone 7pm and so didn't eat all day (just three black coffees) but no hunger. I had my second shake so not hungry now so have decided to try to mitigate some of the damage I've done over the last couple of days as I weigh in tomorrow. So today will have been a 100% day. I know I haven't dropped loads like the the last time I started a VLCD but last time I didn't cheat at all. Anything over half a stone and I'll be happy. I just really have to work at getting into the right head space for this. Tonight, I'm not having the same urge to eat that I have had the past few nights so that's a result. How are you doing?

Last edited:
Weighed in and have lost 7.4lbs so considering that I haven't been 100% or no carbs I'm pleased with that loss.

Reflection: I must do better next week. I know I can be 100%, I just have to be stronger when my urges to eat hit. I know I can get through them as they are all in the mind. I'm really not feeling hungry most of the time. I must remind myself about why I'm doing this and think hard about what I really want which is to be slim, fitter, be able to fit into all my nice clothes and generally feel better about myself and more confident. These things are more important than a piece of bread and butter or a plate of cheese and ham.

Tonight I am starting kick-boxing to get my exercise regime going. Am hoping to manage this once if not twice a week and then start doing a DVD in the house too on a daily basis. So, here's to week two.

Last edited:
Well done hun, i've been off here as I've had Quinsy...probably the worst feeling ever, so been carbing up...yet still managed to lose 2lbs last week (probably because I could only eat soft stuff...but that did include a lot of soup and bread) so now on the big push for xmas. I'm doing WS as I am not hardcore enough to do TS (hats off to all of you that do it, I did it on CD and it was the hardest thing ever).

Hope you have a good day :)

Thanks Lani. Glad you're feeling better.

Yeah I feel like a new woman, felt so rough, like swallowing razor blades, but because I had meningitis as a teenager and almost died I try and avoid antibiotics as I was pumped so full of them i'm convinced if I keep taking them one day they won't work...so had to persevere without them...it was hell. But eventually my immune system kicked in and got rid of it (albeit a lot slower than I would have liked, but nevermind)

So i'm back and on plan today, want to lose 2 lbs this week, which is achievable.

Hope you are good? x

Day Eight

8am - glass of water
9am - first shake of the day made with 600mls water
1pm - bar with black coffee
6pm - glass of water
7-8pm - sipping water throughout kick-boxing class
9pm - shake made with 600mls water
11pm - will have another glass of water before bed

So have managed to be 100% today - it hasn't been a struggle - and have just got in from my first kick-boxing class. Having my last shake of the day and feeling great.

Reflection: try to drink more water. I'm managing to get the minimum 2 litres down me, mainly because I'm making my shakes up with 600mls but I'd like to try and get up to 3 litres a day. Everyone says it's really important for boosting weight loss. Must start tracking exactly how much I'm drinking.

Watching one of my current favourite TV programmes, Gogglebox. Watching people watching TV and commenting on what they're watching. Hilarious. Trouble is, tonight they're all eating and/or drinking. It's making me want to eat as a couple of weeks ago that would have been me. It's so easy to consume empty calories watching the TV even when you're not hungry. This is one of my worst habits and I know this is one thing that has contributed massively to my excess weight. I broke this habit when I did Lipotrim but went back to it when I stopped the diet. There was rarely a night that went by that I didn't eat some crisps or have some cheese and crackers, even after having had a proper dinner and not being in the least bit hungry. When I finish this diet I really have got to stay away from the evening munchies. I think I'll just have to make it a rule that I don't eat anything after I've had my evening meal. There's absolutely no need for it.

Last edited:
Going out tonight with some of the other school mums for a Christmas meal. Have pre-ordered to stop me from making spontaneous stupid choices when handed the menu so no carbs. May have one glass of wine but that will be that. Am deliberately driving so that I don't drink.

Hey, 7.4 lbs is fantastic. I lost 6 lbs in my first week and I wasn't brilliant...think it was the catalyst to carry on. I had two slices of pizza last night...my other half cooked it and shoved it under my nose. I was angry at him but I need to accept that he doesn't understand, he's always been slim, can east whst he wants and never puts on a pound, I need to learn to say no...but i'm not there yet :-(

Day Nine

Well, today was always going to be off plan as I had a meal out planned with some of the other school mums. I had taken precautions and pre-ordered my food choices a few days ago so that I wasn't tempted to blow things when faced with the menu full of tempting dishes on arrival. So, I stuck to my guns. No carbs and no dessert but did have two small glasses of wine. I drove so that I wouldn't have any more than this. I also managed to last all day on only one shake, which I had at 9am, so calorie wise I haven't gone mad either. This will probably end up being a STS day as I can't see that I have done any damage. Pleased to have been so disciplined.

Reflection: Is this what slim people do when they know they are going out in the evening, restrict their calorie intake during the day? I never would normally. I'd just consider it a blow out day. In future, when I know I'm going out for dinner in the evening I will significantly reduce my calories during the rest of the day so as not to consume too many excess calories.

Back when I was a size 6 (those were the days lol) and knew I was going out, I would have no breakfast (I have never eaten breakfast anyway as I can't eat for a good few hours after waking up as I feel dreadful after) and a really light lunch...just a salad or a light sandwich. When I started piling on the weight was when I would be eating out a lot, and carry on eating like normal in the day, I was probably putting on a pound a month easily from this alone. Some slim people are just naturally slim, but the ones that struggle probably have to watch what they eat quite a lot.

Have spent the morning volunteering with the PTA of my son's school to prepare things for tomorrow's Christmas Fair. One of my jobs was sticking raffle tickets on to bar after bar and box after box of chocolates for the chocolate tombola stall. Also had to resist the packets of biscuits being handed round to sustain us! Very pleased as just stuck to black coffee. Back home now and had my bar. Phew!

Well done, today is fat friday in my office...choolate and mcdonalds going every which way. Had a shake and some crackers with light spread. My day off this week is Sunday so I need to resist anything bad until then.

Day Ten

8am - shake
11am - black coffee
1.30pm - black coffee and bar
4.30pm - small piece of baguette and tuna and mayo - aaarrrggghhhh!
7pm on - sipping water for rest of evening. Am not taking in any more calories tonight due to bread and tuna cave.

Popped into Lidl on the way to pick James up from school because I needed some laundry liquid. Got him a small baguette to make him a tuna and mayo baguette before football training. Got home and made it up for him. Then started cooking the meatballs and pasta for later when he gets back from training. Anyway, he ate most of the baguette but left some of it. I was hungry but didn't want to have my last shake so early and ended up cutting off the chewed end and finishing what he'd left. Why, why, why did I do this? Not feeling hungry now so will try and not have my second shake. BTW, I should say that I don't feel too bad about not having all my three Exante items daily because I also take high dose multi-vits and omega 3 supplements every day.

Reflection: haven't felt hungry for the past few days but I did today which was when I caved. Was it because I ate last night even though I was good? Buying the baguette was a mistake as I love them. I should have just got him a Greggs steak bake on the way home from school. I'd have never eaten a Greggs - that would have been too naughty whereas a bit of a baguette didn't really seem too bad at the time. In future I must not buy food that I know will tempt me when I'm feeling hungry. I must keep occasions for temptation to a minimum, especially those over which I have total control!

Hi Cate. You're doing really well!

Hi Cate. What happened? How are you doing?

Happy new year Cate.

So, the title of this diary when I started back in November was 'This has to be it' but sadly it wasn't!!!! Maybe I was mad to start just before Christmas when I knew I had a ton of social things going on, not to mention my birthday, but there you go. Anyway, it has taken me to now to feel like tackling this weight thing again having gone over the 17stone mark for the first time ever in my life, including when I was 9 months pregnant!! I was 16st 10lbs full-term. So am on day two and everything is going fine. I want to be 11 stone by early October and am determined that 2014 will be the year I reach my goal. That's five months. The stupid thing is that, if I'd stuck to it when I started back at the end of November, my five months would be up now and I'd be close to if not actually at goal. Those five months have flown by and that's what I've got to remember. The five months will go by whatever I do - I've just got to decide whether I still want to be a 17st heifer come October or 6ish stone lighter!

Back