Cruise PP Toffee Muffins

OMG I just made these and had one hot, it tasted like steam pudding i used to have when i was a kid. They are lovely, definately feel like u are having a treat. I only used half the amount of sweetener tho

I made some with vanilla yoghurt and some lemon flavouring (alcohol free.) They were lovely and I look forward to having them.

I made these yesterday but as I only have silicon fairy cake cases I made 16 in total, so 8 a day if wanted! :eek: However, as I like porridge for brekkie then I shall have 4 a day as that uses up half of my allowance.
Thanks for the recipe as they do feel like a treat and are very filling.

You're an absolute genius!! Finally hunted down some Wheat bran and it was well worth the wait

Thanks
xxx

I'm glad that you're all enjoying them! I really can't take credit for the recipe as I found it elsewhere on the Internet (can't remember where) and just adapted it a little.

I'd advise anyone trying them to go easy and not have them too often as there are a lot of tolerated items in there. You can always adapt them so that they're more Dukan-friendly or use them as a treat, though. I found that they really helped me to get through those awful TOTM cravings. :)

i dont put any skimmed milk powder in mine and it makes no difference!

my version is:
1 mullerlight toffee or vanilla yoghurt
3 eggs
3 tbsps quark
4 tbsps sweetner
4 tbsps oatbran
2 tbsps wheatbran
1 tsp baking powder
and flavouring - i alternate btween cinnamon, lemon and just bought some toffee, banana and apple flavourings to try

bake around 160 (fan oven) for 25mins this makes between 8 and 9 muffins in a silicon muffin mold

I made these for the first time today and it's the first recipe I have tried from this site so I was a bit wary.

Anyway, they taste great but they are a weird consistency.

I have made lots of muffins in past (hence the extra baggage) so these seemed a bit strange at first.

Does anyone else think they remind them (you may need to be of a certain age to remember this) rum babas?

I added a few drops of vanilla and almond flavourings so they were perhaps not as toffee tasting as they would have been. They did have a strong smell of toffee when cooking though.

My mil has set me a challenge to make her a rum baba when I see her next.

I reckon if I turned one of these upside down, pierced the top with a few tiny holes and poured in some dark rum, that would work.

;)

By the way, there seemed to be quite a lot of mixture so I managed to get 12 muffins from it. I went a bit mad and have eaten 3 so the rest will have to go into the freezer.

Last edited:
By the way, there seemed to be quite a lot of mixture so I managed to get 12 muffins from it. I went a bit mad and have eaten 3 so the rest will have to go into the freezer.

Freezer? Yeh, right!

They haven't made it to the freezer, I have 4 left!

Had 4 yesterday and 4 today.

I have just discovered they are lovely with half a tub of Muller Lite Vanilla poured over the top.

That really feels like you are having a sweet compared to eating them by hand, plus it takes you longer to eat it that way so you feel fuller by the end.

;)

Does anyone know if this would work without wheatbran? x

I made toffee muffins last week and LOVED them! I could not resist and ate some when still hot - I now realise they are nicer cold. I will have to get some of the silicon moulds though as I spent ages peeling off paper cases! Thanks for the recipe.

I made toffee muffins last week and LOVED them! I could not resist and ate some when still hot - I now realise they are nicer cold. I will have to get some of the silicon moulds though as I spent ages peeling off paper cases! Thanks for the recipe.

I think Poundland sell them but not sure how good they are. I bought a couple of editions of that baking magazine that came out a few months ago, the one with free muffin cases on the cover. They are great.

;)

Thanks - I always thought they were a daft idea - until now! Off to Poundland ASAP :)

Not sure about muffin cases but they sell cup cake cases.

6 Silicone Cup Cakes | Poundland

silicone-cup-cakes.jpg

I made these for the second time tonight and they were far better than my first batch.

I enjoyed the first lot but they were very moist and eggy, the ones I have just made were more cake like.

A few things I did differently were, use an electric mixer instead of a whisk, pre heat the oven to 180 deg (although I read that you really don't need to preheat a fan assisted oven) but then turn down to 160 deg once they had gone in and the last thing was turn oven off after 25 mins and leave muffins in there for about 3 mins.

I made some strawberry yoghurt using low fat greek style, added a few drops of vanilla essence and a tiny amount of sugar free strawberry jelly powder.

Bloomin' lovely!

I can't wait to have some more tomorrow.

;)

these sound fab... will have a go at making them tommorrow when i start the next step after attack

I managed to get some of the Tesco value low fat cocoa which is a bit elusive (I bought two at the time, but use so little it lasts ages)! It comes in a box and I think you will only find it in great big branches of Tesco.

I did an online order and managed to get some that way. I've not even opened it yet but am looking forward to some experimentation in the coming weeks.

Back