Triplestep is exercising to lose weight!

I went to the gym at the end, like you I have a contract too, for another year or so.
My internet is dodgy I have had no connection for a couple days now, so not being able to update properly :(

Last edited:
Internet is working again! Yay!

I managed to go to they gym Thursday;
Vario/Cross Trainer 10mins
Wave - Still only did 3 minutes, but I wasn't aching as much as the first time I did it. Will try to add 1 minute extra each time I go on the Wave again, to build up a good time on the machine.
Treadmill - 24mins 32seconds; completing 3km PB for me if last week was my first entry! :p
Average incline 0.6%
Session 70mins; Burnt 580cals

Week 2 Update
Weight 174.2lbs, down 2lbs
:D
Total Calorie burn 22,216. Target reached and exceeded by 2,216 calories. (Daily Average 3174)
Total Weekly Steps Taken: 100,589 Target reached and exceeded by 15,589 steps. (Daily Average 14367)

Week 3 Targets ends Midnight Saturday

Total Calorie Burn for 7 days; 20,000
Total Steps for 7 days; 90,000 up from last week's goal by 5,000 steps

Week 3 Activity Schedule
Mon -
No plans made
Tues - Gym
Wed - No plans made
Thurs - Badminton
Fri - No plans made
Sat - Badminton

Been lazy the last few days, no structured exercise so far and eaten far too much. I'm wondering if I can take photos of the foods I eat and post them up instead of typing out each ingredient; seeing I don't weigh or tally up my calories. It would be a quicker summary of my meals and see the size of my portions then. I Don't want to break any forum rules or anything if I take up too much space, cluttered with photos.

It's so easily done to miss one gym session after another.

I've taken some photos of the rubbish I have eaten this week, i'm pretty embarrassed that the portions are so large! I think posting photos will definitely help. I will look at starting a food diary of some sort.

I'm going to start a food diary when I can get internet connection back on sky at home. Tried starting a thread last night with photos with my mobile, but I didn't have enough patience to actually get it posted up.

Waiting on train platform now to go to the gym for a quick workout. No sign of snow yet.

18th Jan
Gym session 50mins or so, calories burnt in session 438. Mainly used the treadmill as other equipment was being used- the dreaded wave was being used too! Haha! :p
Treadmill 12mins warm up, then 3km in 23:49seconds incline average of 0.9% another PB too :) plank 2 sets of 45sconds.

When I left the gym there was a light dusting of snow, flakes are very small so far, it made me think of a victoria sponge

Going jive dancing! hubby is off tonight, never done it before hope it's not too difficult to get to grips with. There's a 30minute class then social dancing with a live band and everything

I thought jive dancing was more rock n roll but it was very similar to moves to the Lindy hop/Swing dancing, so I got into it straight away :) Lucky we went out as my step count was very low yesterday, by the end of the night I reached my daily step target and exceeded it by 586 steps

Week 3 Update
Weight 173.6lbs, down 0.6lb

Total Calorie burn:
21,152. Target reached and exceeded by 1,152. (Daily Average 3,022)
Total Weekly Steps Taken: 99,915 Target reached and exceeded by 9,915 steps. (Daily Average 14,724)

Week 4 Targets ends Midnight Saturday

Total Steps for 7 days; 90,000

Week 4 Activity Schedule
Nothing planned this week as I can't be sure what the weather will be like. I hope to make it to the gym at least once this week. If the weather is really bad, my guess is that I will be walking lots.

I've been ill, so not a huge amount to update on. I have done not very much lately. I did start a food diary on the healthy eating forum, but my food hasn't been so healthy of late either :eek:
Anyway, I'm going to update last week's results

Week 4 Update
Weight 173.8lbs, up 0.2lb

Total Calorie burn:
16,519 Target not reached by 3,481. (Daily Average 2,360)
Total Weekly Steps Taken: 33,022 Target not reached by 56,978 steps. (Daily Average 4,717)

Very low step count, hardly surprising when I spent 2 days in bed and by not going to work for several days, it's hard to tally up the steps at home and feeling a bit rubbish.

Week 5 Targets ends Midnight Saturday

Nothing planned, still recovering

I decided for the week just past, not to have any goals, as it would have been difficult to reach considering I was still not 100%. Feel much better now though :)

Week 5 Update
Weight 173.8lbs
the same as last week
Total Calorie burn:
19,890 (Daily Average 2,841)
Total Weekly Steps Taken: 65,408 steps. (Daily Average 9344)

Still a low step count, not as much as a few weeks ago :( it may have something to do with having 3 more staff recently employed, so I don't have to be everywhere as much now, also I've not had any exercise neither the badminton or gym, so no extra steps from there.

Week 6 Targets ends Midnight Saturday

Total Steps for 7 days; 100,000

It will be a funny couple of weeks, as Chinese New Year at the end of this week, so I'm not at work for a few days and not sure when to fit in the exercise. I've left the step count as high as I dare, so if I can't fit in an activity I'll schedule in some more walking.

Week 6 Activity Schedule
No plans made, run up to CNY, Thursday I may go to the gym or badminton. The house needs a full on deep clean on Saturday so I'm sure I will get my exercise then! :eek:

I took a 45 minute walk before getting the train back home. If I had known I was going to pig out when I got home I would have walked a hell of a lot more! Will 17,680 steps cancel out my 2 large helpings of lemon meringue? :eek:

Week 6 Update
Weight: I dare not say! It's a gain!
(Not recording my weight this week as I've over eaten excessively last night!!)
Total Calorie burn:
20,367 (Daily Average 2,910) Target reached and exceeded by 367 calories
Total Weekly Steps Taken: 82,524 steps. (Daily Average 11,789) Target not reached by 17,476

It was too optimistic to have such a high step count, but I did think I would attend the gym or do something active to make up the deficit. Oh well, I guess now I know what I need to do to reach my calorie burn and I know how much walking I need to do to reach my step count goal for the week.

Week 7 Targets ends Midnight Saturday 16th Feb

Total Calorie Burn for 7 days; 22,000
Total Steps for 7 days; 100,000

Week 7 Activity Schedule - weather pending

Mon - Long Walk (45mins+)
Tue - Jog (with interval walking) (30mins)
Wed -
Long Walk (45mins+)
Thurs - Badminton
Fri -
Long Walk (45mins+) & Wii
Sat -
Jog (with interval walking) (30mins)

I'd like to do a 5km run. I feel I really need a goal to get focused. There are free parkruns dotted around and I registered last year, but I've been too scared to turn up at a session. I'm thinking of attending one either Sat 30th March or Sat 6th April, that would give me about 7-8 weeks to prepare for it.

the runs are free? thats good :D i have a 5k in may. At the mo i can only jog for 4 mins without stopping so need to change that.
good luck. i think you should just be confident and turn up to one there will be other people who feel the same as you :D x

Back