unofficial recipes with food packs

I love the porridge. I sometimes use half a pack of porridge with half a pack of chocolate and yum chocolate porridge! Not sure what else you could do with the porridge though.

Apparently a tsp or so of the water flavouring makes interesting porridge flavours! I've not tried it but a lady at my group swears by the summer fruits one!

I made a choc muffin and chopped it up in a cherry yoghurt, it was quite tasty and hopefully fitted the RTM rules!

This page has just made me smile sooo much!!!!

I was seriously wondering how on earth I will do this without a bit more variety...Thank u for all ur tips xxxxxx

I do all sorts with my packs hunny... it's definitely helped me... just adds some much needed variety!

Some of the recipes are more successful that others... but I always tried anything new with just a 1/2 pack at a time... so worst case scenario, if it went horribly wrong, I'd not have wasted a whole pack and would still have half I could eat! Lol... ;)

xx

Cant wait to try some of these out :D

You can make a very nice jelly with the mousse mix and the drink flavour

400ml warm water
2 1/2 teaspoons. Mousse mix
2 teaspoons of drink flavour

Mix very well or you end up with lumps. Put into ramikins (i use 4) and put in the fridge. When it sets it makes a great addition and doesn't use a food pack.

Oo i tried vanilla and banana porridge this week, as i saw the chocolate one and had those shakes spare and the banana one is the best yum.. Its the same really as the choco porridge.. split the packs and nom away hehe :D. xx

Thanks for these, gang! I'm new to LL, so not ready to jump on the recipes bandwagon yet but these will be a god send in the future.

However, I did make the iced tea - oh my lord it was good! Iced tea is my favourite drink so overjoyed I can have a flavoured one while on LLT!

Have they changed the chocolate pack recipe since the original post was made here? I can never get the chocolate pack recipes to work -they always end up tasting bitter and unpleasant. :(

I just tried a chocolate muffin with banana custard!! It was definitely better than a boring shake, but i could still taste the bitterness, so perhaps i overdid it?!?! Although i don't much like sweeteners either, so doubt that would help!! Will try the "burger" one of these days!! xxx

MrsB....I never used sweetners in anything before - but the Chocolate MUST have swetners added if you want it to taste like Chocolate. I add FOUR hermasitas to it, and then it tastes LOVELY. Werid, but it makes all the difference. Give it a try. Once i did that CHocolate went from bing my least favourit to my favourite. Makes a HUGE difference. :)

Oh well, I'll give it a try!! Thanks BL!!! Xxxx

I read on here i think or heard in class that by changing the way you have teh packs can alter the nutrients and calories - is that true?

I read on here i think or heard in class that by changing the way you have teh packs can alter the nutrients and calories - is that true?

The fact is they don't know. The calorific and nutritional content of food can be changed by cooking, but there's no universal rule. The "no cooking" rule is because they can't say for sure what will happen.

These recipes are NOT for following every day or to replace eating the packs normally entirely. Look at them more as "get outs" on those days when you're absolutely desperate for "real food".

thank you pandorasinbox, i might try them in a few weeks !

Back