Vanessa Dukan Diary 2 Jan 2012

Maintainer said:
For your chicken freezing plans, I'd be surprised if a chicken lasts you more than two (or three) days... so you mightn't need to freeze, but I do freeze portions of things I'm making particularly at weekends, which helps out during the week when at work.

Keep it up! (I too started out way back with chickens from the rotisseries without realising!)

Yeah ur probly right about not realistically having enough to freeze - I was thinking the same myself the amount I'm eating lol. :)

Day 5 Attack (8lb loss so far)
B: yogurt and oatbran
L: ton of picky chicken bits as i stripped down a cooked one, jelly, diet coke
D: boiled egg, king prawns, smoked salmon, chicken, leftover attack quiche, wee bitty fromage frais to dunk in, jelly
S: jelly
(oooops got carried away with my jelly today and had all 4 portions from a batch-sachet lol)

Last edited:
Day 1 Cruise (5 Day Attack done 9lb loss)
Sat 7 Jan
PV

B: yogurt and oatbran
L: chicken, smoked salmon, sugar snap peas (raw), green beans & leek (steamed), jelly
D: king prawns, salad (mixed green leaves, tomatoes, cucumber n balsamic vinegar)
Snacks: jelly, yogurt, few slices beef

Last edited:
Congrats on the phenomenal 9lbs loss! Good luck with cruise :) xx

Day 2 Cruise - PP
Sun 8 Jan (9.25lb loss)

B: smoked salmon, scrambled egg (1 whole, 1 white, tbsp quark)
L: quark galette, chicken, beef, smoked salmon
D: chicken, beef, prawns, balsamic vinegar, yogurt
S: Jelly

Day 3 Cruise - PV
Mon 9 Jan (9.75lb loss)

B: smoked salmon, scrambled egg (1 whole, 1 white, tbsp quark)
L: chicken, beef, squash mash, leek, green bean, yogurt
S: jelly, diet coke
D: smoked salmon quark galette, soup (butternut squash, tomato, mushroom, leek, courgette) with yogurt
S:jelly

Day 4 Cruise - PP
Tues 10 Jan (11 lb loss)

B: yogurt
L: ham, scrambled egg, prawns; jelly
D: quark galette with smoked salmon, prawns; jelly; diet coke
S: frozen toffee muller light, jelly

Last edited:
Day 5 Cruise - PV
Wed 11 Jan (0.5lb gain - SHALL NOT PANIC - JUST FLUCTUATIONS/ RETENTION LOL
Total 10.5 lb loss)

B: ham, scrambled egg
S: sugar snap peas, jelly
L: bolognaise with courgette ribbons
D: smoked salmon and prawn quark galette, soup (butternut squash, tomato, mushroom, leek, courgette) with yogurt
S: ??? Probly another jelly - maybe a diet coke (will update accordingly)

Am having probs trying to guage how much veg to have! I dont wanna overdo it or underdo it lol - but i gather its more important to focus on not dropping protein amounts on pvdays, rather than worrying about overdoing veg quantities - is that right?? Sorry newbie'nervous'ness is rearing her head again...

Sorry I can't help with your question Ness - I just had to tell you how hard I'm finding it not to bawlk at the thought of sugar snap peas and jelly!! Please tell me you didn't have them together ... **BLEURRGGGHHHH**!! :eek:

How do you make your galettes? And are they nice? (ho'nesstly now!;)) xx

most ppl gauge the veg/ protien ratio to 1/3 veg 2/3 protien :)

JanD said:
Sorry I can't help with your question Ness - I just had to tell you how hard I'm finding it not to bawlk at the thought of sugar snap peas and jelly!! Please tell me you didn't have them together ... **BLEURRGGGHHHH**!! :eek:

How do you make your galettes? And are they nice? (ho'nesstly now!;)) xx

Hehe :) no not together! I picked at the sugar snaps peas like a bowl of crisps whereas the jelly was sooked straight thru my teeth in double-quick time mmmmmm

Galettes - yeah i really do like em! Especially now ive got em how i like em but OMG it was a rocky road figuring out how to get it right! However after many tweaks on ingredients and quantities etc, this is what i do now!

Most importantly a good non stick frying pan!

- Turn heat on with empty pan (or few speays one cal) to a low setting on hob

- Mix/whisk oatbran (it has to be said its works much better when u graduate to 2tbsp from just 1.5), one whole egg, one egg white, one generous rounded desert spoon quark, bit ground pepper and wee sprinkle lo-salt! Beat with fork and some more and some more and some more again!

- If you added oil to pan, wipe it with kitchen roll then pour in mixture! You can sschoogle it about a bit if u wish but ive just started letting it do its own thing cos, trust me, even with the best will in the world the consistency will vary anyway so ive given up worrying about thickness vs cooking time!

- Set timer for 8-10 mins and leave it! When timer goes, lift-test the edges - i just use fingers! If its ready to turn easily, then flip! If not just leave! When u do turn it - leave a few mins flip back and flip back again if desired till u like the look of it browning-wise!

Mine usually take about 15-17 mins in total to quite toasty brown (thats pure choice tho, dont think browned'ness reallt affects taste and its pretty much cooked when u first flip it). And thats on no. 2 setting on electric halogen hob!

Honest Jan - i love em! My most favourite way till now is folded in half and stuffed with smoked salmon and prawns! Or dipped into my soup like bread on pv days!

Today im thinking about halving it over two meals and having one with ham and poached egg on top; and the other stuffed as above! Not quite decided for sure tho cos im not sure im willing to sacrifice half my seafood galette size for pretend toast/poached egg! Greedy'Ness...xx

Ps: thanks Ellie - thats a big help :)

Last edited:
Day 6 Cruise - PP
Thur 12 Jan (sts - total 10.5 lb loss)

B: yogurt
L: half galette, ham and poached egg
D: half galette, smoked salmon, chicken soup (well twas really just chicken bits in chicken stock lol)
S: jellyx3; picky bit smoked salmon, picky bit chicken, diet coke

No shifty-wifty hoojymaflips :-o since early Monday - need to track down some rhubarb tomorrow methinks!

Last edited:
Thanks Ness .. I must shift my lazy butt & get round to trying these :) xx

Day 7 cruise - PV
Friday 13 Jan (another 0.5 lb gain; am hoping these gains are just down to my no-shifty-wifty in 5 days and not me doing something wrong! Just what i need when im heading out for a special meal!! PS. am trying rhubarb later lol) Overall 10lb loss

B:L:Meal Out:- (1) asparagus bundle topped with poached egg (and lemon butter creamy drizzle sauce!!! :eek: )
(2) Rib-eye steak (rare) and wok-veg:-green beans, sugar snap peas, wee bit carrot, brocolli, baby corn. Dont know about oil etc used in cooking process!
(3) pot tea with drizzle normal milk and 3 sugar cube/lumps (Doh Bird left sweeteners in wrong handbag)
S: rhubarb/splenda
D: galette with smoked salmon, rhubarb/splenda
S: picky sugar snap peas, jelly

Last edited:
Meal sounds lovely'Ness :)

Hope you see some movement soon .... :sick0019: :giggle: xxx

Day 8 cruise - PP
Sat 14 Jan (0.5lb gain (still no movement!!! - overall loss 9.5lb)

B1: rhubarb and sweetener
L: half galette, smoked salmon, pp chicken soup
S: snack
D: half galette, ham and poached egg, toffee muller light

Now that COULD be getting disheartening ...... but you won't let that happen will you!!!!! That's an order ;) xx

JanD said:
Now that COULD be getting disheartening ...... but you won't let that happen will you!!!!! That's an order ;) xx

I did a wee bit shifty-wifty yesterday! Its a start - still on the senokot and rhubarb lol.

Hows ir going with you Jan? xx

Back