Vic Vodkas dieting rollercoaster - back to it!!!!

oh me too. and stinking headache. checked stick at lunchtime and still nothing :( dont know whether its just this cold messing with me :(

I think we have all had a may blowout :D

I'm not sure Dukan ketosis is as deep as Atkins and mightn't show on stick! Hence it's a bit difficult to take any "risks" with products... it'll be interesting to see when/if you guys get there.

I always thought one wasn't hungry once in ketosis... I'm not hungry, but am always "ready" for meals!

When i was in ketosis on Atkins i wasnt hungry/starving hungry but ready for meals yes :D
some people said they just forgot to eat...unfortunately not me! I love my food !

Its happening to me on Dukan. I totally forgot it was lunch today until Vicky mentioned something so i thought id better eat and had some chicken while making my chicken soup. I dont feel hungry anymore and in comparison im eating hardly anything at all. My plate looks really bare but its filling me up

I wonder why the ketosis wouldn't be as strong as there are still no or very low carbs in the Dukan diet? I'm still not showing on the sticks either, it will be intersting to see how long it takes :)

Cheryl I wonder if you arent eating enough hon. really didnt the same happen on atkins?

is ketosis just about carbs though? isn't there a "glucides" thing too (hence my worry about Muller lites!!)... (I wish I had my book cos I don't know the "science" of the oatbran in English!!). I know that it's capped at the level it is because of the "glucides" in it...

I've never done Atkins though so don't know...

I didnt have yog yesterday so maybe thats why im in ketosis.
i did have fromage frais though and quark.
are there any low carb/low fat yogs about? im gonna look in morrisons .

Sorry hun, if i click on the link i have to log in, so i do then it looses the link. What is the item?

oh yes sorry about that link...
Total 0% Fat Greek Yogurt 500g

Energy52 kcal (221kJ)Protein9 gCarbohydrate4 gFat0 g
And perhaps even this

Sainsbury's 0.1% Fat Normandy Natural Fromage Frais, Be Good To Yourself 500g

Thats what i have too. Do you think it would taste ok with a squeeze of lemon in it?

hmm... I think the fat free dairy is an acquired taste... tiny squeeze perhaps? I've now got used to eating fromage frais as it comes... but I did used to wince! As a sweet toothed person, when off diet, I am hoping eating less sweet things might help...

Lol. Think i'll just give up on the yogs altogether. Well until i can get nice ones on france that is!

Dukan doesnt say if there is an amount of carbs we should be having per day does he?

No... over here, he encourages keeping away from "bought" foods (and checking labels - over here I know what I'm looking for, but over there? the protein content needs to exceed all the other lines... cos they're sneaky using several different names for the same thing... aah I've been over here too long and can't remember even reading an English food label! Also to cook things yourself whenever possible...

Also, as all pork is banned here, I'm hoping that the chimpanze who translated the French book didn't use "lean" for "fat free" where ham is concerned!

ham is pork... banned here... so try not to eat it toooo often

Back