Vic Vodkas dieting rollercoaster - back to it!!!!

but there is a recipe for pork in the book Caz said I think??? It does say you are allowed pork after cruise I thinkx

Ive got turkey slices instead of ham.

yeah the difference with the pork is strange (I've read somewhere else on internet that bacon is OK in the English version of the diet - which seems ludicrous to me... how can it be ok in English and not in French?!!!). OK there's some hefty marketing going on, that's obvious, and bacon being an "English" specialty rather than French would perhaps be more missed in your neck of the woods than mine!

Im not missing it. I do miss the salt, like i said i have a naturally low blood pressure and salt helps to maintain it but im not actually missing the bacon at all

Which Yoghurts were you linking to Joanne?
No we cant have bacon here. Turkey bacon yes but not pork bacon.
Ill miss my lamb though :(

Which Yoghurts were you linking to Joanne?
No we cant have bacon here. Turkey bacon yes but not pork bacon.
Ill miss my lamb though :(

These were the dairy things I thought ok for Dukan...

Total 0% Fat Greek Yogurt 500g
Energy 52 kcal (221kJ)
Protein 9g
Carbohydrate 4g
Fat 0g
And perhaps even this

Sainsbury's 0.1% Fat Normandy Natural Fromage Frais, Be Good To Yourself 500g

if you google "Dukan, bacon", you can find all sorts of rubbish being quoted on the net!

This is silly. I wonder who translated the book and decided on what was ok for France and not in England of vice versa

I dont actually think in the book it says you can have bacon at all.

No, it just says lean ham. :p

Can you actually buy lean ham? all the stuff i see either has fat in it or is processed rubbish made up of water!

there lies the question... what is "lean ham". Over here, there is an "apology" for ham called "jambon dégraissé découenné" (fat free). Nasty looking and tasting stuff...

and of course there's the salt question... ham is very salty

I think the processed stuff is what he means if low fat and lean???

Yuk. Sorry i cant eat that. How funny i used to eat all sorts til i had oliver then i only ever wanted the best for him so stopped buying packaged foods and started cooking everything from scratch.

so long as you're losing weight, Longratia, I wouldn't worry... if you stop, I'd cut out/back the ham... I'm having it now once or twice a week myself, because I miss it, but no more and just a bit...

i like it :) does oliver only ever have home cooked stuff? no smiley faces lol?

On rare occaisions. Now hes older and get his vits from other stuff i dont mind so much but from weaning him he only ever had homemade. Certainly no jars

This is silly. I wonder who translated the book and decided on what was ok for France and not in England of vice versa

A translator would have translated it and, because it's a money making thing, I doubt it was specifically checked particularly... any more than was the original French version (which has some errors in its recipes - tomato + onion in a PP recipe for instance...). And as for the "Livre des recettes", I think that'll be the next one to hit the UK (the "Recipe Book"), it's riddled with errors... so by the time you buy that, it's good to know the rules yourself.

It's all about making money now... very obviously...

Back