Step 1 Sole Source + Week 3

I guess.

I think you just have to ask yourself how much do I want it? Is it worth having the kebab? If you want the kebab more than you want the weightloss then have it. If you really want the weight loss stick with it.

week one- 17 1/2 pounds week two- 4 1/2 lbs week three- no weigh in week four- 11 lbs week 5- 5 1/2 lbs week 6- 4 lbs week 7- 1 lb week 8- 10 lbs week 9- 4.5 lbs week 10- 3.5 lbs wk 11- 2 lbs wk12- 6.5 lbs wk 13- 2.5 lbs

Exactly and ATM my brain is ruling bc it's exactly as you say I want the losses more. However that doesn't stop my greedy cow side wanting it lol!

But I'm also thinking I may not have lost much this week as I went to the gym worked out a bit and ached soooo bad for days! Wondering if I had a bit of retention! X

Yes maybe.

You will always have high loss weeks and low loss weeks anyway. I am finding that at the moment. I had a 2 lb, then a 6.5 lbs then a 2.5 lb the last three weeks so the 6.5 lb week made up for it and so I think it balances out.

Good luck today let me know.

week one- 17 1/2 pounds week two- 4 1/2 lbs week three- no weigh in week four- 11 lbs week 5- 5 1/2 lbs week 6- 4 lbs week 7- 1 lb week 8- 10 lbs week 9- 4.5 lbs week 10- 3.5 lbs wk 11- 2 lbs wk12- 6.5 lbs wk 13- 2.5 lbs

Oh ok! Maybe ill be lucky I could deal with the little losses if it was followed by a bigger loss like that!!

My appt is at 1130 so fingers crossed! Xx

Well I went to her and although her scales said -2lbs she told me this is what she expected as I'd had huge losses for the two previous weeks. She said to stay positive and hopefully ill have a great loss this week!

She also redid my measurements.. I've lost 6 inches!! So that cheered me up! And I'm over my stroppy few days today feeling more positive! Xz

That's great news. Glad your feeling better now.

Sometimes you just have to ignore what the scales say as sometimes you lose inches rather than lbs!

How much do you want to lose in total by the way?

That's great news. Glad your feeling better now.

Sometimes you just have to ignore what the scales say as sometimes you lose inches rather than lbs!

How much do you want to lose in total by the way?

My goal weight is 10st. So on Cambridge that'll be a total of 5st 2lbs (as I gained some weight I lost with Sw).

Yeah I think the hormonal changes hasn't helped but there we go can't changed me being a woman hey lol!

I figure if I loose 3lbs per week I can be 10.1 by Xmas!!! I was about 12 the last time I weighed that!!

Maybe that's why I'd got a little upset about it! Bc I didn't hit my target but I'm hoping ill manage a good loss this week! Xx

What's your goal weight? Or how much more do you wanna loose? Xx

Last edited:
I've set my goal weight as 12.0 st which will be a total loss of 8 st 11.5 lb with cwp but I did initially do rosemary Conley and my start weigh was 21.4 but after 18 months of up and down loses I looked into cwp.

I went to my first weightwatchers meeting when I was 12 and weighed in at 15 st 4 lb I think. I'm 26 now so have been dieting my whole life practically and have never managed it. The most ive lost was 3 st with rc. i dread to think how old I was when I last weighed 12.0st but whenever it was I don't remember it.

I'm so focused on achieving my goal this time more than I have ever been. So I have 3 st 9 lbs to go and I really hope I can do it. I'm hoping by Christmas too but we'll see. I'm not gonna be upset if its not. April is my final target as I'm going to my friends wedding in Cyprus.

I started at my heaviest of 17.9. I did manage to loose over 4 1/2 st with Sw but put some back on :(

And just like you I got fed up of the up and down!

And I finally feel in control. I am worried about maintaining at target though bc it would be horrible to gain it all back. I'd be happy to up and down 7lbs when I reach target as that's as expected!

But so far I'm ok with it. Except for my wobbly moments lol!

I just hope the maintenance but is easier! Xx

I don't think we would be normal without a few wobbly moment and I hope I helped you a little bit.

I'm very prepared for the fact that this is the easy bit and I think the hard bit starts at goal with maintaining. I have put a few 'fat' photos around my flat and hope that by looking at them everyday will remind me that I don't want to look like that again!

It's nice to find someone in a similar situation with their weight to me :)

I don't think we would be normal without a few wobbly moment and I hope I helped you a little bit.

I'm very prepared for the fact that this is the easy bit and I think the hard bit starts at goal with maintaining. I have put a few 'fat' photos around my flat and hope that by looking at them everyday will remind me that I don't want to look like that again!

It's nice to find someone in a similar situation with their weight to me :)

Oh you definitely did!! You kept me on the straight and narrow most def!! Thank you it really helped I'm not sure what I'd have done otherwise lol. And if you ever need the favour returned you know where I am!!

Yes it's nice to find someone with similar experiences and situations!!

And your right it's nice to know this can be the easier bit. But it still scares me partly bc I can't believe ill ever reach my target. But it terrified me when people say oh your gain it all back !! Xx

Don't listen to negative people. If at all, use negative remarks as inspiration to prove them wrong. Nobody was destined to spend their lives lugging tons of pounds around. Be strong!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com mobile app

I'm sure I will be having some wobbles, especially as I have my last wi on Sunday for 3 weeks. I've already had a dream that I ate everything in sight while she is away!

Yes I agree don't listen to negative people. I've kept cwp very quiet from a lot of people and even when people notice I've lost weight I just say thank you, I've been working hard. Close family and friends know but I've only told people gradually.

Yeah I hadn't really told anyone either for that reason! But unfortunately someone saw me drinking a tetra at work and then the interrogation began!

But there was only one kind of negative person. Most were in awe and congratulatory. But another was like what happens when you stop your just gain it all back!

I was like actually no bc of the steps blah blah and then someone who I thought would be negative was like oh yeah your bmr etc

So overall it was positive but for the first time since starting I've begun to worry about maintaining! :(

I'm sure I will be having some wobbles, especially as I have my last wi on Sunday for 3 weeks. I've already had a dream that I ate everything in sight while she is away!

Yes I agree don't listen to negative people. I've kept cwp very quiet from a lot of people and even when people notice I've lost weight I just say thank you, I've been working hard. Close family and friends know but I've only told people gradually.

Wow 3 weeks that's amazing for you to do! I'd have to step in my own I couldn't help it! Lol!

Mind you with your losses that'll be you dropping sooo many lbs for next wi! X

Oh no! I hope I didn't worry you. I just know that personally I am worried about it and don't want to put it all back on in 6 months like some people do because I want it so badly. I know that I will have to watch what I eat for the rest of my life!

I have decided I will weigh once a week at boots and will go on Monday to see what I weigh at boots then will go by boots scales until she gets back but will only go once a week. That's the plan anyway. But have planned a meal the first week she is away so hoping that that will be okay.

Oh no! I hope I didn't worry you. I just know that personally I am worried about it and don't want to put it all back on in 6 months like some people do because I want it so badly. I know that I will have to watch what I eat for the rest of my life!

I have decided I will weigh once a week at boots and will go on Monday to see what I weigh at boots then will go by boots scales until she gets back but will only go once a week. That's the plan anyway. But have planned a meal the first week she is away so hoping that that will be okay.

Nooooo it wasn't you! I'd always known I'd have to watch what I ate forever! And I was ok with that focussing on the steps teaching what and how to do it.

It wasn't until she commented "everyone gains it back" that I was a bit like omg what if I do!

I just want to be able to eat normal foods as enjoy life whilst maintaining weight - and I do mean normal balanced foods! Not crappy fatty foods!! But I need to learn about portion control too do hoping ill learn that going up the stages too! Xx

And I agree you have to weigh once a week! Just to keep your motivation high but bear in mind there might be a few lbs diff!

Weighing daily used to mess with my head :) it's good to have an official set of scales haha! X

Yes I know. I figure its going to be a low carb diet for me.

I figure that boots scales are going to be good. I will weigh once and use the first time as a guide.

But not looking forward to 3 weeks without my official wi as I have been craving chocolate for a week now and I am worried that because she's away I will give in to temptation! :(

Yes I know. I figure its going to be a low carb diet for me.

I figure that boots scales are going to be good. I will weigh once and use the first time as a guide.

But not looking forward to 3 weeks without my official wi as I have been craving chocolate for a week now and I am worried that because she's away I will give in to temptation! :(

Try a chocolate tetra? I love these of an evening they really hit my sweet craving!

Boots should be good, but it'll be the difference you have to focus on instead of the actual number!!
Ill be here give me a shout when your tempted and ill try and keep you sane like you did me :)

I don't think I could live a totally carb free life. I think ill just have to be very strict with calorie counting! I've already been thinking about changes I can make ie sandwich thins rather than bread. Smaller pasta and rice portions but also have whole wheat instead of white.

And generally planning meals and preparing in bulk to make busy days easier.

But I'm also looking at a career change and undertaking some training in January!

I've applied to retrain as a health visitor - currently a midwife working random long irregular shifts - whereas health visiting would be mon-fri 9-5.

At work there's always a table full of goodies and temptations! It would mean another year at uni (full pay) but the life style after would be much more desirable!

So Keep your fingers crossed for me!! Hopefully here back about an interview in the next 2 weeks!

I don't like the chocolate tetras unfortunately but I'll get through it I'm sure.

I think low carb as it will be smaller carb portions as you say.

That's great you want to retrain, but hard work to cram it all in in a year!

My sister is desperate to do her midwifery training as she's a nurse already in the maternity department but they can't afford it at the moment. I will keep everything crossed for you that you get through.

I don't like the chocolate tetras unfortunately but I'll get through it I'm sure.

I think low carb as it will be smaller carb portions as you say.

That's great you want to retrain, but hard work to cram it all in in a year!

My sister is desperate to do her midwifery training as she's a nurse already in the maternity department but they can't afford it at the moment. I will keep everything crossed for you that you get through.

Oh that's rubbish have you tried the chocolate shakes hot?

Yes deffo lower carbs but I'm hoping ill make better choices too! But I guess it's all a learning curve! Ill allow myself 7lbs of wriggle room! But that's it lol!

Thanks I think if I manage to do the training it'll give me a better work life balance. Less stress, exhaustion and a better social life!

(And less temptation to eat crap due to poor working hours!) xx

Back