Yummymummy's diary

aud504

Well I'm back on the exante wagon after a 3 week break, as I was starting to find it difficult and weight had stalled. I've so far lost 2 stone with exante since April this year. I went onto alternate day fasting for a couple of weeks, which was great as I was able to eat normal food again. Only thing was that my weight remained the same, and I did not lose anything.

So although its a great diet, I will consider going back to it when I get to my goal weight of 9 stone.

Today is day 6 of exante, and I'm now in the zone so to speak, and have already shed 3lbs in these six days. So weight now 10 st 10lbs. I'm not going to deny myself whilst losing so have decided, to eat out once a week on Saturdays, but will stick to my omelettes and salad. Also had turkey and veg dinner yesterday in carvery. However will try to limit myself to 1 meal a week instead of having a food break week.

I find it fits in better with my social life.

My fav exante products are porridge for breakfast, choc bar for lunch and a shake for tea. At least 8 glasses of water spread throughout the day, coke zero and black coffee.

Looking at getting some bouillion when next at shops. Don't like any of the other products so will stick to these. Have experimented with the shakes and love them thick with ice and blended. Also love the choc shakes hot. Today had a vanilla shake with coffee in it, and also hot. That was lovely too. Think the key to this diet working is to have a variety of shakes made up different ways, and to get what you really like.

I'll also have the odd slice of ham, chicken, egg or quorn if needed. I'm also partial to a cheese slice with a slice of ham wrapped round it, on the lesser occasions, I really want a bit of food. I call all of these my little cheats, which I think is better for me than totally going off the rails with carbs.

Anyway, I'm really in the right frame of mind at the mo, which I'm pleased at. Also over the worst thankfully. Will update this diary regularly, as by me re reading it, this will also help me.

Day 7, and put on a lb. not really surprised though as think quorn sausages are not good to have a cheat with. Have posted a question about this , but no replies yet. Does anyone know if the quorn cocktail sausages are ketogenic or not?

Gonna be 100% today

Hi and welcome back. You seem to have a good plan for how you're going to do exante. I've no idea about Quorn sausages I'm afraid!

Good morning and good luck with your restart. No idea re' the quorn sausages either, sorry xx

Just a quick update as on the way to nursery with little one. WI today, and I'm 10 st 9lbs. Not bad, as that's a loss of 4lbs in one week. And in that week I've been out to 3 carverys, and had one pub lunch. Although I've stuck to protein by having meat and veg or cheese and ham omelette and salad, in addition to my 3 shakes a day.

So really pleased with that. I find it hard to do TS 100%, but try to fit in the odd day TS where I can. So really pleased with myself this week.

Wow well done on the 4lbs loss xx

Well done! Fab loss, and a bigger well done for eating out so often and not giving into carb temptation :) That's tough!

Thanks Gigglepants and Smidge. I have carb temptation around me all the time, what with preparing little ones meals, and hubby a cooked dinner everyday. So I've had to manage somehow not to give in.

Today I had my porridge for brekkie, bar for lunch, and just finished a hot caffe latte made up with the vanilla shake and coffee. I feel a little sick after drinking it, as it was so creamy and sweet ( I put in 3 sweeteners). Whilst cooking dinner tonight I had a couple of slices of ham wrapped around cheese, and 2 quorn cocktail sausages earlier today.

I suppose in effect, I'm more or less carrying out WS diet, apart from the days I do TS, which at the moment is quite rare.

Tried on a size 12 body con dress I bought a year ago as an incentive when I wanted to lose weight. And I'm happy to report it now fits me perfectly. Also noticed yesterday that a pair of my size 14 trousers are too baggy. Size 12 now fits perfectly.

You really are a trooper not giving in to all that temptation, I have to go and hide upstairs if the OH is cooking something delicious lol!

Fab news on the clothes! I tried on my old size 12 jeans today and I'm nearly comfy in them :) now you should throw the size 14's away so you don't end up comfy in them ever again!

Well done Smidge on the size 12's, it's a good feeling is'nt it?. Not ready yet to throw out the 14's, although its a good idea.

Well today, jumped on the scales( I've got a daily weighing habit), and not quite 10st 8 lbs yet, but not far off. It was .2 away. So down on yesterday's points.

Had the normal porridge, then caffe latte and exante bar together for lunch. Really enjoyed it. Will probably have another shake tonight. Don't see anything wrong in having an extra one in addition to the 3 a day, if I feel I sometimes want one.

At the moment sipping a coke zero, whilst cooking hubby and little one a mixed grill. They are having sausages, bacon, tomatoes, beans, eggs and toast.

Today was quite difficult for me earlier. Not feeling any hunger at all, but was dreaming and even salivating at the thought of thick granary bread, covered in butter.

Think that will Definately be one of the first things I have when I come off this diet.

I have decided to go on alternate day fasting as my maintenance plan. Tried it for 2 weeks, and did'nt lose weight, but boy it was enjoyable, especially being able to eat what I wanted on the days I was'nt fasting.

I think it makes a great transition from this diet, because of already being used to low calories for the fast days. I could quite easily do exante TS on my fast days.

Not sure that I could stick to low carbs for life, as I do enjoy carbs.

Haha I get carb day dreams as well, mainly for crackers and butter ;)

Weigh in today and I'm 10.8.2. So pleased that's one pound lost in one day. Just making brekkie and going to have a caffe latte. Have ordered the flavoured coffees and a tub of mousse mix. Pleased to have found a link on the exante shop drinks page to lots of tips with things to do with the shakes and drinks etc.

So going to get some sparkling water today and try the orange drink mix with sparkling water. Also going to make banana custard with the banana shake.

Just thought I'd put some dates and WI so I can see the loss at a glance:

1/10 - 10.13
6/10 - 10.10
7/10 - 10.11
8/10 - 10.9
9/10 - 10.9.2
10/10 - 10.8.2
13/10 - 10.7.8
14/10 - 10.7.2
15/10 - 10.7.4
16/10 - 10.6.2
17/10 - 10.6.6
18/10 - 10.7.2 TOTM
19/10 - 10.5.0
20/10 - 10.6.2
21/10 - 10.4.6

Last edited:
Still 10.8.2, but feel thinner today, so know I've lost since yesterday. Did Zumba this morning, followed by yoga and relaxation. Have been good today. TS so far, as so busy haven't had a chance to think about having a sneaky cheat. Off out now.

Well over the weekend, I've been a bit naughty. Had my normal cheese, ham omelette and salad on Saturday which I've allowed myself weekly when we go out. However had a weak moment Friday night and had 2 quarters of pizza and my little girls left over chips. Thoroughly enjoyed it, but felt guilty afterwards. Treated myself to a rasher of bacon and a fried egg for lunch yesterday, but don't feel so bad about that as it was more protein than carbs.

Must say that I really enjoy the caffe lattes made up with the vanilla shakes, and find them satisfying and leaving me with a nice warming feeling. A bit like that advert with the woman in the comfy chair with ovaltine or horlicks.

Have updated my stats though, and surprised to find I've lost 2 lbs in 5 days. Now 10.7.2

Went out for tea today and had a white toasted egg and bacon sandwich with a little brown sauce. Naughty, but will have just 2 shakes today so as to reduce calorie intake. Brekkie was an exante choc bar, and just now for the evening is a hot exante choc shake drink. Will fill up on water

Just restart tomorrow. You'll be fine.

New day tommorow :) xx

Hi Lynne and Salty

Well damage limitation as still lost weight. Lost over a pound yesterday. Weight is now 10.6.2. Very very happy with that, especially as I enjoyed yesterday's naughty snack.

Weight loss is really being noticed now. My friends daughter said that I looked really skinny!

And even better my bmi reading is now 25

You're doing really well and can't be far off goal. I love it when people notice my weight loss!

Back