Yummymummy's diary

Still a bit to go as goal is 9 stone. Still 10.6 today, but .4 instead of .2. That's probably because I had chicken risotto last night in addition to my daily 3 shakes. Not moaning though as thoroughly enjoyed it. But if I want to get to goal quick I need to get this diet nailed down.

Received my coffees and mousse yesterday. Going to look at how to whiten them using the vanilla shakes. Any ideas anyone?

I still have milk in my coffee but have less coffees a day. I can drink them black but prefer milk in them. I also put coffee in my vanilla shakes. I usually have them cold with ice but they are also nice as a latte, hot with coffee in.

Hi Lynne

I love the caffe lattes made with coffee in the vanilla shakes. Tonight I experimented with the exante flavoured coffees. I am using the Irish whisky coffee which is quite nice. I opened a vanilla sachet, and mixed a teaspoon of vanilla with a tiny bit of cold water into a thick paste to get rid of any lumps. I then added a teaspoon of coffee and 2 sweeteners. This made a milky coffee which tasted like normal milky coffee with an Irish whiskey flavour.

I also tried the banana shake today hot, and that was just like custard.

Mmmmmm sounds good!

WI was 10.5.0 today, so really pleased. Will be having a meal today, as off out to pub as normal for lunch. However will stick to protein and veg, and diet cokes.

So pleased with my weight loss this year, and was thinking of the great improvement already made to my health by losing over 2 stone. Had a NHS health check some months back, which put me in the low risk, less than 5% category for any health issues.

Also before I embarked on my diet, I saw a fitness trainer as part of the induction process for my local gym. He measured me, took my weight and blood pressure, and then I'd this again in July after which I had lost 2 stone.

Just looking at my stats which read:

3/4/13 - weight 81kg, BP 123/78, RHR 75, BMI 30, waist circum 101

9/7/13 - weight 70kg, BP 108/65, RHR 69, BMI 26, waist circum 94,

10/9/13 - weight 69, BP 98, RHR 71, BMI 26, waist circum 92.

I've since lost another 7lbs since this, so really pleased at the medical improvements and loss of inches and weight.

Another thing that I've noticed in the last couple of weeks, is the improvement in my skin. My pores are smaller, and my skin seems softer. It even looks younger. I really do feel that at my age 50, that losing weight really also reverses the ageing process. The skin on my knees and feet has also got softer. I think the amount of water I'm drinking daily has a huge amount in this also.

Plus I've always suffered with spot breakouts, and this seems to have diminished.

Hi Aud. Those statistics are amazing. It just goes to show haw much danger we put ourselves in by being overweight. I'm a bit older than you - 59 - and think it is so important for my health to get down to a healthy BMI. I'm just about to try one of your lattes now. Will let you know how much I enjoy it.

Just made a 'latte' using vanilla flavoured coffee and it is very nice! I don't take sugar so haven't added the sweeteners.

Hi Lynne

The latte sounds lovely. I was looking forward to one too, then noticed that I've run out of vanilla shakes. So had a banana milkshake. I make these up with a little cold water, 10 ice cubes, banana shake and crush up in my ken wood 2 go smoothie maker. I add a couple of sweeteners too ( tablet ones melted in tiny amount hot water).
These shakes come out like the thick McDonalds shakes, and as tasty.

This diet is great, only downside is I get really grumpy at times. Today I've felt really grumpy. That's the downside for me of not having carbs. I so want to lose this weight quick now, so that I can at least eat a bit normally again. Would love a glass of Rosé occasionally.

Not a good day today. Still feeling grumpy and fed up with this diet. Have had 4 shakes today, including 2 bars! bit of cheese and half a packet of wotsits.

Checked my stock, and have about 10 days supply left ( 4 bars, 7 shakes and all the rest porridge). Not going to order anymore, but gotta think what to do now? Any ideas anyone?

WI 10.4 today, so that's good. Made up for last two days of grumpiness. Have decided to re feed now, as can't go on being so grumpy because of this diet, although it works well.

It was not fair on hubbie and little one.

So now on 2 shakes a day, plus 1000 kcals for one week. Then next week 1 shake a day, plus 1400 kcals. Then onto alternate JUDDD fasting. Feel quite happy now at 10.4, so don't mind weight loss now becoming slower.

Really enjoyed my breakfast this morning. Had 2 slices of buttered granary bread with marmalade, and a frothy cappuccino. Allowing myself a banana, and satsuma today in addition to shakes, then having a WW shepherds pie with veg for dinner tonight. Will still have some kcals over to play with later.

Hi Aud. I'm really happy for you. You've done well!

Thanks Lynne

Gone over to JUDDD now, as want to do some normal eating. Have put on 3lbs, which is to be expected in transition process, but hoping that my weight will stabilise and that there will be losses in a couple of weeks. Good luck, never know I might be back again at some point. Just can't do anymore at the moment. Got to end of my tether I think.

Back