10 syns for super noodles?! Whoops!

lynsey-j

Anyone else here eat Super Noodles? I normally have the low fat variety (love the Chilli Chicken) but we only had the normal barbeque beef flavour left today - I had them for lunch, thinking they would be a similar syn value to the chicken ones (3.5). When I checked on Lifeline Online, I've discovered they're actually 10 syns for the pack :eek: Luckily I've had no other syns today so it shouldn't have too much of an impact but I'm shocked. Won't be eating those again! And I won't be guessing syn values again either haha ;)

hi lynsey i eat supernoodles several times a week with half a bag of stir fry veg mixed in i tried the low fat ones but didn't like the 2 flavours that i found so i have been eating the normal ones and have still been losing so am going to carry on eating them ( and no i don't syn them) if my weight loss stalls at any time i will cut them out or start synning them :)

I looked at these yesterday in Asda and couldnt believe the amount of calories in the low fat version , and that they are still free, have bought just one pack to see if I like them as much as mugshots.

No way, seriously. ive been eating them non stop.. no wonder ive put weight on!!

I don't like the low fat flavours so have been making the noodles up with a knorr stock cube. tastes just as yummy as the full fat flavours and is syn free :)

Im SURE all supernoodles were FREE, even the normal ones. My hubby loves them, and i looked up all flavours and it said free.

He eats 2 packs of the BBQ beef most mornings for his breakfast! I recently looked up the values for a syn querey here and then discovered that they are now as you say 10syns a pack!! so he's been having 20 syns just for breakfast.
BUT he has still been losing, so he is continuing to eat them as free. If his looses slow then i guess they'll have to be axed. but there what keep him on the straight and narrow.
So i think if you have been eating them and its been ok, i'd carry on.

after reading this thread i have looked up the points for all the batchelors noodles and pastas. i cant believe the beef variety noodles are 10 sins each whilst other are only 2 sins. i will not be buying these again in the future.
i think i might mention this to the SW consultant next week to talk about the batchelors stuff cos i am sure a lot of us were wrong in assuming the beef noodles were less points!

super noodles

have just looked on s/w site
mild curry- 3.5 on ee and green 9 on red
chicken- 3.5 on ee and green 8.5 on red
southern fried chicken- 10 on ee and green a huge 26.5 on red gulp
beef- 10 on ee and green 26.5 on red
chinese chow mein- 3.5 on ee and green 9 on red

Im SURE all supernoodles were FREE, even the normal ones. My hubby loves them, and i looked up all flavours and it said free.

He eats 2 packs of the BBQ beef most mornings for his breakfast! I recently looked up the values for a syn querey here and then discovered that they are now as you say 10syns a pack!! so he's been having 20 syns just for breakfast.
BUT he has still been losing, so he is continuing to eat them as free. If his looses slow then i guess they'll have to be axed. but there what keep him on the straight and narrow.
So i think if you have been eating them and its been ok, i'd carry on.

I thought the same - I was sure they were either all free or very low in syns. Couldn't believe it when I checked the syn values.

ok so i was gettin confused then the low fat are free and the normal ones are what val said?

yes fat free ones r free there are four flovours on s/w site but i only ever see 2 in the supermarkets and i don't like either of them they do a low fat smokey bacon but iv'e never come across it i was shocked that the southern fried chicken were high cause they are really nice perhaps i might have to try the low fat chow mein ones and stick a stock cube in it :cry:

I can only get the low fat sweet chilli chicken and getting bored of that, anyone know a supermarket where I can get another flavour? Thanks!

Yeah Asda do a few different low fat ones thai chill, chicken chilli, and chicken and herb in my Asda

Back