11 weeks until Dubai Calorie Counting Diary

Dubaidiet

Hi there!!

I'm Sarah, I'm going to Dubai in just over 11 weeks and I am going on a diet so I feel a bit better about myself, so I can wear a bikini and so I feel super healthy and fit.

I had actually put on 10lbs this year. I did weight 14 and a half stone, I got down to just over 11 and a half and slowly over a year have gained 10 lbs. not through food, just lack of exercise.

So I have decided to do calorie counting. Myfitnesspal is saying 1200 a day, I may increase this to 1400 as I am quite active and also plan on exercising.

Then I also hope to do this 5:2 twice a week. My main aim is calorie counting, so if I don't do a 5:2 day I'm not gonna worry.

Obviously there will be some speed bumps on the way. Christmas/new year/Birthday....but hopefully I will get there.

Starting weight =176lbs
Bmi = 25.7

I'm in London this morning, travelling back up north after lunch. Then back at work tomorrow. So going to try and pick a lowing calorie breakfast.

Wish me luck!!

Does anyone know the recommended fat/protein/carb breakdown?

Day 1

Today went well, I did my best with what I had available. Breakfast could be overestimated but it was hard to tell. It was a late breakfast so never really had a lunch.

Breakfast = 570
Apple
Scrambled egg with toast (x2)
Coffee

Lunch =138
Cafe Nero latte

Dinner = 443
Light choices lasagne
Chunky veg

Snacks =399
Tracker bar peanut flavour
Small sushi pack
Drinks
Apple

Total = 1549

No chance for exercise but I did LOADS of walking which I have underestimated to be 500 calories. I think myfitnesspal slightly overestimates on calories burnt doing exercise.

50% carb 33%fat 17% protein
Hoping to lower the carb and up the protein

Last edited:
Hi Sarah,

Here to subscribe as I am also calorie counting but I am doing the 5:2 aswell. I am only on my second week and I had a maintain last week which I was a bit disappointed about but I do feel better in myself. I am also using MyFitnessPal. Because I am doing the 5:2 diet I am having around 1300/1400 calories a day. I worked out my TDEE (not sure what it stands for but it's on the 5:2 website), it tells you how many calories you should be having to maintain your weight with your height, weight and exercise levels. It says I should be having 1819 calories a day to maintain so that's why I am having around 400 less a day and then also saving 3000 on my two fast days :)

Good luck with your diet :)

Angela x

I think tdee means target daily energy expenditure. It's rubbish when you work hard and there is no loss. So many reasons...sucks being female. I bloat in the middle of month (I guess around ovulation but I don't track it)

Good Luck with your diet!! I'll head over and find your diary :)

Back