2012's hopeful diary

A more reasonable set of expectations :)

Well.... that went well not!

To be fair to myself I was working through my notice period, trying hard to keep my sanity and barely managing to cope on a day to day basis.

But I am out now. I have spent the last month finishing the unpacking, cleaning, donating and generally trying to wind myself down. I think I am just about in the right frame of mind to set myself a couple of goals:
1. Weight and clothing size
2. Crafting/sewing, possibly setting up a small business, while looking for work that I can do without returning myself back to the demented state I have been in for a long while.

Neither have specific timings... not doing that to myself anymore. They are just there to be worked towards. So, weight and stuff to be updated in my details and regular postings to re-start.

And yes, I do know I will be talking to myself. This place has gone all quiet again :)

And she's back!

Oddly without all that much of a weight gain. I have no idea how that happened, none. I have been nigh on totally sedentary, eaten anything that didn't run away fast enough, drunk far too much and generally been depressed and unable to kick start anything!

But I have managed to sign on, get referred to the New Enterprise thingy, sorted out a business plan, financial forecast etc etc. Best of all the feeling of sheer, flat out, all consuming panic at the thought of coping with anything, working, being responsible has abated, a bit. Yes, I still feel freaked, even typing this is making me feel iffy, but I am, again, on an even enough keel to have set myself some targets for January 2016.

1. Get the business started: sign up with HMRC, get business cards ordered, adverts out, Agents visited
2. Join the 0to5k runners, starts 20th January - be there!!!!
3. Get the diet back on track: Low GL for health, JUDDD for weight loss (DH is joining me too :) )

Hopefully there will be a few more of you out there/in here and we can start chatting again.

Read you all later, hopefully :D

Yay! Just one more night to go and then diety diety diety diet :)

We have a Mexican meal planned. Leftover Christmas beef has been chilli'd and we have a huge heap of salad to be chopped into fresh salsas, popped into a wrap and oven baked with refried beans and cheese = baked burrito, salsa and salad :)

I once worked out the kcals on that... not too bad if you have a light hand with the cheese, guacamole and sour cream :D

Red wine, almost gone. Prosecco, 1 bottle, in fridge. Beer, a couple of cans remain. So an almost dry January is also on the cards.

Best of all my husband is joining in, at his own request, in fact he suggested we diet and go dry(ish), together. It might even work. Fingers crossed :)

Bugger, that was a long night. Happy thoughts of a dry January may have slipped, we seem to have tried to drink all remaining alcohol before midnight :)

So, a poor start, we shall just try to survive the day. 2016 officially begins tomorrow.

I hope everyone elses night was as enjoyable :D

So tomorrow is here :)

So far I have cleaned the hob and kitchen sides, drunk 3 cups of tea, 1 cup of coffee and eaten a handful of kettle chips . Firtunately we have very little Christmas food leftover so tomorrow will see us return to normal, lamb steaks, green beans and new potatoes :)

I have Challenged myself for Valentines Day, a whole stone down, but want to race myself back into Onederland. I'll monitor that here, I think.

Mini Goal: 3 weeks, 23rd January = 199lbs

Yesterday went well. I made it a mediumish day, to ease myself in.

Porridge mid morning; steamed chicken, boiled potatoes and cabbage in garlicky tomato sauce, 800kcals

Today should be a real Down Day, 500kcals max. I am still pondering what tea should be :)

And I am already 2lbs down :)

Sounds great! Well done on your loss!

Yesterday was great too. DH loves pork chops, so... pork chops, half a sweet potato and cabbage with a few lardons and a bit of half fat sour cream, half a can of pale ale... 650kcals all in :)

Today I have started with porridge and marmalade again, just working on sausages and something for tea!

Oops!
Thursday was succesful, evening meal of chicken, chickpeas, tomatoes and spinach. Just under 400kcals. I made a huge amount, 2 of everything, so there is another 4 meals to freeze back. It would be really nice with bread :)

Friday was good. Scrambled egg on toast in the morning and steak, half a small jacket potato and half a pepper stuffed with tomato and fennel, 2 glasses of red wine.

Today he is sleeping as he is working night shift tonight. So, toast in bed this morning, bread and a chunk of cheese just now and I may have soup later.

I seem to be hovering at 205lbs, so all looks good for the official weigh in on Tuesday :)

Hello!

I'm just catching up with your diary. I also have ME and i've recently had a resurgence of my symptoms which has left me feeling quite low but also massively stubborn in trying to keep up with my running, even if i suppose i have to class it as more of a fast wobble at the moment! How did your weigh in go?

Ooh! I was so caught up in stuff.

Business is started, I have even had some work :)
Am starting week 5 of 0to5 with a local running group: Week 1, was coooooooooold, we all got frosted hair; week 2 my knees, what on earth?; week 3: I did 15 minutes then went home, sobbed my way through the night, woke up and my knees barely twinged :); week 4, both knees in neoprene, we did hill practice and it was FUN :D I may be able to do more shuffles mid week.

Weigh in... well, I had a stutter but.... am now at 201lbs... yay!

Deja Vu

I finished that 0to5K at a fast shuffle :)

I start another on 14th September. I am hoping to spend the next 2 weeks doing some light preparatory exercises, squats and stuff, knocking off the alcohol and getting back in track eating wise. I have not gained much since January, 2 lb I think - my current weight is a guess, I will correct it tomorrow morning :)

So, here we go again :)

Hey! Used to follow you back in the day.Before minis temporary disappearance. Good luck for your next 0to5k - I am not at all a runner so have huge respect (and a tiny bit of envy!!) for anyone that does x

Back