3 weeks in and doing good

melissa85

Silver Member
hi everyone, well i decided to start a low carb diet as ive been constantly trying to stick to meal replacement diets to no avail so im almost in my third week and have to say im quite enjoying this diet im hardly ever hungry nor am i even craving carbs, i didnt weigh myself before starting the diet but i got an the scales after 2 weeks and had lost at least 13lb according to my wii im not weighing my self weekly but fortnightly, my only problem with this diet is i dont think im eating enough cals i think most days im around 500 cals but then some days it can be as low as 300 and i struggle to eat more im trying to stay between 20-40gr carbs a day less if i can. im eating things like scrambled eggs with bacon,tomatoes,cheese,peppers or steak with salad, cheese burgers with salad (no bun), chick stir fry and tuna mayo thats basically all the foods im eating oh and heinz soup sometimes im cooking in butter and adding a wee bit cheese to most meals to get my calorie intake up

i would really love some of you guys to let me know if those foods are acceptable ive not had any help from any one nor have i ever done low carb so this is trial and error for me and i would appreciate some tips xxxx

sorry its so long an introduction:eek:

It's really not healthy to be eating such low calories unless you're on a meal replacement plan giving you all your nutritional needs.

Re: low carb foods - Heinz soups aren't the best things to eat, but meat and salad is good. Meat, vegetables and plenty of fat from butter, cheese, mayo is the basis of most low carb diets. If you have a look on the Atkins forum at the sticky 'so you're thinking of starting Atkins' there is an allowed food list there which can be applied to many low carb diets. If you're allowing yourself up to 40g carbs you could also have nuts and some fruit, especially low carb fruits like berries and rhubarb.

Most if your meals sound fine but you must only be eating one a day to be at such low calories. Scrambled egg in the morning, burger and salad for lunch and chicken stir fry cooked in some oil for dinner would be a good menu.

hi moonlight thanks for youre reply, i dont eat breakfast as i start work at 6am every day i have my lunch at 11ish which is either half a tin of heinz tomato soup with a slice of weight watchers brown bread or scrambled egg with bacon and cheese or peppers and tomatoes and then i have my dinner which is burger or chick stir fry etc. im a bus driver and i work split shifts which makes it difficult to eat more than that time wise, thats why i started adding cheese in to my food so as to up my calories, i feel fine overall im noy hungry or dizzy but i do lack energy sometimes however sitting driving a bus 9 hours a day can leave you feeling rather depleted of energy, im not wanting to do atkins completely im kinda doing my own take on low carbing but will defo have a look at the sticky. thanks:D

Back