After a little break, time to resume :)

I'm quite new to the low-carb WOE, having only started Atkins this May but with a colossal 51 lb loss! I absolutely love it, so full of energy and never hungry.

Anyway, I have had a little break from Atkins but have come back all guns blazing. I recently got married and gained an entire stone on Honeymoon. Pleased to say 10 days back on Induction has put paid to that and I start today back at the place I was.

So hello!

I'll soon be back to bore you with more!

Good to see you back and wow wow wow 51lbs!!!!

I hope the honeymoon (and wedding!) was fantastic - bet you looked fantastic, too.

I've just had a wee step off the wagon myself, birthday and illness in one thrilling combination. Hopefully I'll be back losing myself again soon

I had a monumental step off the wagon but hated being on my old WOE. Made me fed up, lethargic and so, so bloated. I was averaging at least two ice creams a day on holiday hahaha!!

The wedding was lovely - we just had the register office do and then all my (massive) family over for a garden party with Pimms, cake and buffet. It was perfect and just what I wanted. No fuss, just all the important people there :)

Oh no ML, I hope you haven't been too poorly?!? I'll check out your diary for all the info! I'm finding the Induction this time easier. Just before my Wedding I went a bit wibbly wobbly on atkins and couldn't get 'back in the zone' so to speak. How's it going so far!

In other exciting news, I've applied for my Masters! Now just waiting to get turned down :D

Eek, get you with your fancy masters. Every finger crossed.

I had sinusitis on me birthday which was no fun and managed to last two whole weeks (!!) but certainly got in my share of ice creams after that - and I agree, I feel SO much better on this woe. Been on the wagon 2 days and it's already noticeable to me - in terms if no tummy ache/bloat if nothing else. I was a bit worried about getting back on successfully but touch wood I seem to be doing okay so far.

So glad the wedding was as lovely as you deserve - pimms in the garden so hopefully one of those great sunny days we've (finally) had!

Hi Nicola and welcome :)

You are doing so brilliantly on low carb, that is fab - really glad you're enjoying it.

Wedding sounds great too! :) Good luck on your Masters application.

:eek: 51lbs loss in that time is amazing! You may be relatively new to this WOE but you obviously know what you're doing and it fits you like a glove! Well done! :D

Congrats on the wedding and good luck with your Masters!

WOOOOARGHHHH!!! I got an unconditional offer :) So happy :)

Yes, my Wedding party was blessed with sun. But now I do have an almost constant hankering for Pimms!

Moonlights, I'm going to write something really disgusting now, so if anyone here is of a sensitive disposition LOOK AWAY!!!

Have you tried a saline wash when you have sinusitis? I used to be plagued with bad sinus face but seriously, it takes the pain away. It's well worth remembering but it does involve large amounts of grossness. And squirting water up your nose using a syringe. Are well you over it now? I really hate being ill on birthdays.

Today we've all had a day out at a play farm kind of place. I have a horrible hankering for 'dirty' food, so my dinner was an Ultimate Steak Burger from Sainsbury's accompanied only by a kind of scrambled egg fried omelette. I am ashamed at the lack of carbs but it felt so good being a bit greasier than usual.

Other wise diet was:

Mushroom and bacon breakfast quiche

Massive chicken and bacon salad - romaine lettuce, peppers and red onion, cheddar, mayo

Bit of cream in coffees and about 5 million litres of water.

I have been very naughty and adding in some peanuts and almonds here and there but they never stall me. But I know they're not strictly induction.

Anyway! Hope you ladies are all having an enjoyable Friday - WOO HOO WEEKEND!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! You clever thing you. I'd do a masters If there was any way I thought I could afford it - are you self paying or getting any funding?

Nothing wrong with a bit of grease on Atkins, it's all anyone thinks we eat anyway ;)

Yes I tried saline washes, inhaling steam, all sorts. The only thing that worked were antibiotics and it still took about two weeks to feel like it was gone - I'd had it a week and a bit when I got the meds. Never had it before and hope never to have it again - was agony. I'm profoundly vitamin A deficient so my resistance to infections is very low, but I'm not sure if that's why it took such a fight to get over it. Bleh, at least it's gone now.

I know, I hate sinus infections. I think unless you've had one you can't understand the horror!! I had a really bad one all over last Christmas and I was almost in tears (I am a pretty tough nut when it comes to pain!!)

No funding for my MA, but I'm doing it over two years and get a small reduction as I am an alumni of the University. So It's manageable. The money I get paid for script-writing for my husband's (!) production company will pay for it. I never thought I'd be able to afford it, but we got a lucky break. All I've ever wanted to do is lecture, and I feel blessed to have the opportunity to start on the path to a PhD. Scared too. 4 years out of education and still have baby-brain hangover. That's my excuse anyway :)

Well done on the MA offer, that's fab!!!!

Mine (obtained many years ago when education was free!) has really opened doors for me career-wise :)

Morning Nicola... Good luck with the MA! What subject (or did I miss your post?) x

Hi and well done on previous loss, offer and getting back to induction:)

Back