After the weight loss...

nzmegs

Silver Member
Not really a question about LL - but about losing weight in general.
I just ran into my neighbour who was in the process of moving out of her house. She explained to me that her husband (who she married just last year) had "been naughty" and now she was walking away from their house so he could rent it out. They also have a five year old daughter.
I was shocked because last year, leading up to her wedding she had lost six stone. She worked so hard, looked amazing at her wedding and has managed to keep it off since. I thought that maybe he just couldn't get used to her new look. (she was really quite large)

This sad story made me wonder. Do the men/women in our lives find it hard to get used to the new us. What if they like "big women" or resent the time it takes to maintain our new bodies.
Maybe we lose weight for our partners and then resent them because it hasn't changed the relationship.

I have to admit that my husband is loving the new me and can't get enough. He said that every change in me has been a change for the better. In particular the fact I have proven I can stick to something and see it through to the end has made him respect me more.

What do you all think. Did your other half support you and what was it like when you reached your goal. Did things change?

nzmegs said:
Not really a question about LL - but about losing weight in general.
I just ran into my neighbour who was in the process of moving out of her house. She explained to me that her husband (who she married just last year) had "been naughty" and now she was walking away from their house so he could rent it out. They also have a five year old daughter.
I was shocked because last year, leading up to her wedding she had lost six stone. She worked so hard, looked amazing at her wedding and has managed to keep it off since. I thought that maybe he just couldn't get used to her new look. (she was really quite large)

This sad story made me wonder. Do the men/women in our lives find it hard to get used to the new us. What if they like "big women" or resent the time it takes to maintain our new bodies.
Maybe we lose weight for our partners and then resent them because it hasn't changed the relationship.

I have to admit that my husband is loving the new me and can't get enough. He said that every change in me has been a change for the better. In particular the fact I have proven I can stick to something and see it through to the end has made him respect me more.

What do you all think. Did your other half support you and what was it like when you reached your goal. Did things change?

I lost 5st in 2009, my husband loved me equally as much then as he does now and before I lost the weight.

However, when I met my DH I was a size 8 and only gained weight as a result of our 3 children. So I suppose to him he was getting the original me back.

He loved showing me off though after the weightloss and introducing me as his 'new' wife lol.

On the negative side he would cuddle me in bed and complain,that I was too bony!

now I'm back and trying to slim down again, he is very supportive. But he has said he thinks a woman is most attractive at about a size 12, he likes some curves :) .

Unfortunately for him I want to be a 8-10 x

I was size 14/16 when I met my husband. Then went up to size 18. Back down to size 16 when I got pg with our first daughter. Up to size 18... then 20... then 18 - pg with second daughter... size 20... size 22...

Then lighter life.

He didn't want me to do it at first - didn't see why I wanted to. But then he realised I was doing it for ME, and also so I would could be as healthy as possible for our daughters (he has relapsing-remitting MS and isn't very well at all).

Anyway - long story short I've been a size 10/12 for the last year and HE LOVES IT. He also says he would still love me if I went back to a size 22 or beyond, and I believe him >heart<. But I also know he gets a real kick out of the new (stylish!!) me.

Yep, my hubby wants to take me out shopping...for clothes! Never before has he enjoyed the shopping experiecne and neither have I. I am looking forward to being able to wear nearly everything which is on the racks.

I admit that I still wonder why it wasn't always obvious to me how much i had changed during our marriage, physically. I was in pretty severe denial and wanted to blame him for being mean or not loving me as i was (but of course he did - he just felt let down and disappointed I had let myself go). it was so gradual that i hardly noticed. I still thought i looked OK. I really didn't!

Back