*Ahem*. Trouble in the bathroom!

Lisaberry

Silver Member
Sorry for a tmi thread but I need some advice...

Are any laxatives ok to take?
I've had slight issues since my first was born and have found a colon cleanse tablet (natural herby thing) which really helps.
I'm guessing as they have aloe Vera and liquorice (amongst other things) in them that they are banned? Is there anything you can take? Is senna ok?
Normally a few black coffees helps but it's doing diddly squat at the mo!

Yeah, Senokot is fine to take, I had that last time on this and it does help. It's quite gentle too.

ive not been for a week now and feeling very bloated, and when i do go, its very painful, and im there about 30 mins, i dread it, my friend gave me some senakot and havent taken it yet as didny know if ok

The bathroom

Senna and dulolax (think that's how you spell it) are both fine to use. Dulolax is slightly stronger than senna I take it twice weekly. It's very important that the good old bowels move at least every 5 days. I thus have no discomfort.

Thanks, I'll take some senna tonight. In my head I keep thinking that it's extra weight waiting to be flushed away!

Hi guys, I told my pharmacist yesterday that I didn't go to loo for 3 days and she really told me off! She's asked me whether I had senna every evening, as she's advised me to have, but because I drink a mineral water from Czech republic that helps with my digestion (I have loo issues without it even on my normal veggie diet....) I didn't take any senna.........

Everyone apparently needs to go to loo every day because of all the dead cells and other nasties that our bodies produce even when we eat a tiny bit of powder (shakes :) ) every day. Our bodies apparently cleanses themselves even when we're not eating.... So, now I drink my mineral water twice a day (instead of just once...) and it's working fine......& I do have to say, I feel much better today probably because of it.

So, those of you that are having loo issues - please take your senna (or whatever else that you do) so that you're ok and flushing out your systems every day. God knows what nasty stuff is being excreted from our fat bits......

I just worry that I'll get a sudden urge at work. There's no way I could go if other people are in the toilets too!!

@Neem I understand what you are saying but I dont think your pharmacist is correct in saying that as it is impossible to go to the bathroom every day, we are not taking in enough for the natural bodily functions to work that efficiently- Think about it we drink a huge amount of water to aid digestion, rehydrate and to flush the gunk that is left after the shakes.

I take senokat every night and fibre clear twice a day, drink 3-4 litres of water a day and 3 shakes a day and if I go twice a week that is good for me.. if I was taking in more substance I would expect to go more regularly..

I took twice the stated amount of senna last night and still nothing!
Argh!!

well today ive taken one sennekot and nothiing yet, ive got really bad tummy ache and feeling reallyl bloated, i need to go but i darnt as i know how much its gona hurt, ive not been for around a week now...........but it scares me, it hurts so bad and takes me about 30 mins each time, sorry if too graphic, but it horrible........how many senna should i take at once?

I had no luck with sennokot and now take Dulcolax perls they are from the chemist and they are working fine for me hope this helps

Well I took 4 and it did nowt! I might take another 2 now and then try a strong coffee later.
I guess it's right, we've hardly got much there to get rid of!

Hey Nat if the senokat arent working go and try ducolax, I havent had to use them (yet) but from what Ive picked up on the forum is that they are much stronger and work more effectively if senokat doesnt. Everyone is different so Id be near a loo just in case! Also are you taking the fibre clear? I didnt last time I was on LT and my toilet troubles were horrific but this time Im on it and it has helped somewhat (I think its designed to soften the matter slightly-still is hard as nails but it has been worse!)

If you have cramps, I found the good old hot water bottle on the tummy, gently massaging the area and some movement helped it...

let us know how you get on xxx

Hey Nat if the senokat arent working go and try ducolax, I havent had to use them (yet) but from what Ive picked up on the forum is that they are much stronger and work more effectively if senokat doesnt. Everyone is different so Id be near a loo just in case! Also are you taking the fibre clear? I didnt last time I was on LT and my toilet troubles were horrific but this time Im on it and it has helped somewhat (I think its designed to soften the matter slightly-still is hard as nails but it has been worse!)

If you have cramps, I found the good old hot water bottle on the tummy, gently massaging the area and some movement helped it...

let us know how you get on xxx

hey hun i finally went, after a looooooong week, was still very hard:eek: but easier to go after the senna, and no im not tkaing fibre clear, mite give it a try next week......

and yes the last few time ive been have been horrific,it was so solid it hurt so bad i was almost crying last time, this time wasnt as bad lol, oh god what things to talk about hey, but has to be done haha

the tummy ache has gone until next time........thing is before lipo i suffered badly from IBS, on the toilet at least 3 times per day and have to run when i feel the tummy pain coming, haha, now ive gone the other way and wish i could be like that again lol

Well I have also won my battle! Was surprised as wasn't painful at all!
Is it sad that I'm looking forward to getting on the scales tomorrow??!!

After my son was born I was stitched up front to back and extremely anaemic. It was 3 weeks before I managed to go, it was so terrible, nothing worked. For at least a year afterwards I could only manage once a week as I would be in tears for an hour before going in the bathroom and would actually take something in to bite on as I didn't want my baby to hear me cry.
I'm so glad I don't seem to be going back there again!'

Well I have also won my battle! Was surprised as wasn't painful at all!
Is it sad that I'm looking forward to getting on the scales tomorrow??!!

After my son was born I was stitched up front to back and extremely anaemic. It was 3 weeks before I managed to go, it was so terrible, nothing worked. For at least a year afterwards I could only manage once a week as I would be in tears for an hour before going in the bathroom and would actually take something in to bite on as I didn't want my baby to hear me cry.
I'm so glad I don't seem to be going back there again!'

bless you the things we go through hey:jelous:

Argh, maybe taking 4 was a bit of a mis-judgement!
Lisa vs loo round 2!!!
How can 425. (or whatever it is) calories a day make all this??
Hmm, have I taken it too far now???

Argh, maybe taking 4 was a bit of a mis-judgement!
Lisa vs loo round 2!!!
How can 425. (or whatever it is) calories a day make all this??
Hmm, have I taken it too far now???

haha pmsl gosh this made me laugh, make the most if it love:D

Oh god... Me again!
I bought some dulcolax today so decided to take 1 in an attempt to keep me regular (about 6pm)
About 2 hours later I went to the loo, seems that was just a coincidence!!
It's now past midnight, the house is silent and I am VERY aware my husband is in bed and can quite clearly hear the effects of said tablet.
So much for keeping any bloomin mystery in the marriage!!!
Think I might wait a while before taking another one!!!

Back