Aldis Tikka Sauce

whoopidoo

Hi everyone. Does anyone happen to know the Syn value for Aldis Tikka Sauce (Brand name Bilash) I tried using the syn calculator on the site but am not 100% sure I'm using it right - it's coming out very high.

It's a 500g jar but it's going on Quorn and being shared between 3 people so hoping it's not going to be to much.

Also while I'm here - does anyone know the price of the food directory everyone keeps mentioning? I think I'll get it at this weeks meeting but would like to know how much I should take.

Thank you :D

This is the only one listed under Aldi.

Aldi Stores Worldwide Foods, Tikka Curry Sauce, jar 500g jar

extraeasy.gif
30 Syns on Extra Easy
red.gif
Original 30 Syns
green.gif
Green 30 Syns

Pre-prepared jars of sauce can be very high in syns, particularly one like tikka which will likely have cream or coconut milk in it. If you want to post the nutritional info someone will work it out for you but it's likely that you were right in your calculation.

As for the syn directory, if I remember rightly it is £7.50. But if you're a group member you already have access to syns online and the directory very quickly becomes out of date.

Circes, thank you - that's exactly what it worked out at on the calculator. Eek. I'll have to learn some nice homemade curry sauces then as we have it quite a lot! Least I know I'm using the calculator right.

Thanks for checking for me and the advice about the directory too.

Back