Almost back to square one and starting again

Supergirl1980

Silver Member
Hello. I just wanted to introduce myself as I'm planning on being on minimins a lot in the future so thought it was only polite!

I originally joined SW in 2011 and lost 9st 3lbs to get to target in 2013. I kept it off for a year but then stopped going to group, started a new job which I hated and started gaining weight again. Although I'm now in a different job and am happy but I've continued to gain weight and have put back on 7.5 of the 9st I lost. I am horrified with myself and am embarrassed at how much I've let myself go. I am too embarrassed to go back to my original group so have joined a new one (which does actually work better with my working days) but I don't think I'm too keen on my consultant. I definitely need the incentive of weekly weigh-ins so have to keep going but I remember just how supportive minimins was last time and I'm hoping it will be the same again.

I am currently 5 days in to my first week and all is going well so far... fingers crossed this is the start of trying to lose it all again!

Welcome supergirl! And congrats for getting back on the wagon. There are lots of friendly, supportive folks on here so sure u will find the support u need.

Shame about ur consultant. I go to weigh ins for the accountability as well and hardly ever stay for the class. Hopefully u will get something from at least that.

What day do u weigh? I'm Mondays...

Welcome back.... This site is such great support x

Hi. Monday is my weigh in and I've just been. Lost 4.5lbs which I know is good but I'm so disappointed. My home scales were saying 6.

My goodness Supergirl please don't be disappointed that a loss of 4.5lb that is fantastic, look at it as the same weight as 2 bags of sugar.
I don't have scales at home anymore, threw them out because of that very reason.
Keep up the fantastic work.

Wow - that's fabulous!!! 4.5lbs is great. I totally keep two separate logs - one for home weighs in the morning and one for WI as I do it late in the day. I have gone to the gym in the morning after weighin, eaten nothing (just drank a bit of water during workout) and gone up 1 or 2 lbs. Our weights fluctuate tremendously during the day. This morning I weighed almost 3lbs less than the day I went on holidays. I suspect that today at weigh-in, I'll maybe register .5lb loss. It all evens out at some point.

Take the 6lbs morning loss as a great achievement and same with the SW Weigh-In.

Congrats Supergirl!

Hi Supergirl!

Just here to follow your journey and wish you luck! Not that you need it 4.5lbs off is amazing! Well done!!!

Hi Supergirl - just to give you an update which I HOPE makes you feel better. Just back from my weigh in. My morning weight today was 4.2lbs less than the time I weighed before my month of holidays(I log all my weights). My weigh in this afternoon only registered a 1/2lb loss - nearly 4lbs difference! Sometimes its closer, but other times its like this. That's why I recommend keeping two logs - your changing weight on home scale (likely mornings??) and then what you get at weigh-in.

We'll get there :)

Back