anglounic is going to be half the woman she is now!

anglounic

TFR minus 1 and counting……

Tomorrow I start my Lipotrim journey full of hope that this is going to be the time I actually get to my goal. I’ve never done Lipotrim before and only heard about it a couple of months ago. I have over 8 and a half stones to loose - seems like a mountain just right now! :eek: The break from food is a major appealing factor so I can’t get any point or syn values wrong and it’s so simple – in theory.
It’s OH’s birthday today and we are going out to an Indian Restaurant that reckons it is the largest in the World. It’s a buffet and I am going to make sure I get my money’s worth tonight, hee hee! :D I have been eating nearly everything in sight these past few days knowing that this will be the last time I eat like that again.
OH also wants to lose weight but he is a type 1 diabetic so he can’t come on this journey with me, but whilst I am Lipotrimming, he is going to be my project and I will be practising healthy cooking throughout on him and hopefully when it’s time for me to start re-feeding, there will be no slipping back into my old unhealthy ways.
I will measure myself at some point today and might even be brave enough to take photos of myself in a swimming cossie, although it seems that without knowing it, I have banished all full length mirrors in the house and we only seem to have ones that show your chest upwards. I’ve never noticed that before!
I’m a little nervous about starting but very excited too. I think the reason I have failed at slimming clubs in the past is that I get bored at the slow results. I just don’t want to fail again. I’ve already kind of said to myself that if I can’t do it this way, then I may just have to accept being big for life. But I really don’t want to go there!
I’m keeping this diary so I can look back and see how far I have come – hopefully. I have lots of mini goals along the way, for instance being able to click my seatbelt on in my car without having to shuffle my bum out of the way first! I might make a list of them and put them into my diary.
Anyway, must get on with work. Got to make sure it is all done on time so I can get ready for tonight. Ooh, it’s just dawned on me – tonight I’ll be having my last glass of wine too before the end of my journey – eek!
Oh well – I CAN DO THIS!!!
:cross:

Well day one done and managed to stay 100%. :D First shake I had was Strawberry and had to admit I found it a little harder to drink than I expected. Second was a chocolate one which I added sweeteners to and third was the vanilla with crushed ice and 3 sweeteners. They did get better as they went on so I guess this is something I have to get used to.
I've had a real 'head battle' with myself most of the day and telling myself I'm not going to fail at this. To help I've been lurking on the forums and everybody here has spurred me on not to cheat and thanks to this forum I've been 100% on plan. Honestly don't think I would have done this without this forum. I did feel a little shaky mid afternoon and I have a mild headache but I suppose this is only withdrawal symptoms from my ridiculously bad diet beforehand.
Hoping it will get easier as time goes by. :fingerscrossed:

Hi hun just wanted to say welcome and good luck on your journey :D

I know right now it seems a steep climb to the top of the mountain but despite hurdles along the way (all diets have good and bad days) you can reach the top!!! :)

I too have the same as you to lose and at first I took it day by day then week by week. In 10 weeks I've lost 3 1/2 stone and I feel fab :D

When I had a few rough days during week 3 where I wanted to eat my dad said to me 'why waste the 2 weeks you've been 100% by eating?' he was right, the only person it lets down is yourself!!

Stay strong, focus on your target, set yourself some mini goals eg get through 1st week, get under a certain weight etc, have some distractions at the ready and keep guzzling that H20 ;)

I wish you all the luck on your journey and remember the hard part was starting! Think of your shakes as fat melting medicine and you'll be fine :)

xox

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Welcome along.

8 stone should be gone by Christmas no problem if you stick to this.

I've lost nearly four stone in 11 weeks, so it can be done. Trying to lose another 4 before August.

So, I'll be here for a while to keep you company.

Dusty

Thank you for your kind words of encouragement Bex & Dusty, it really helps to know there are others out there in the same boat and taking the same course of action.
I have now managed day 2 and stayed 100% - yay! When you talk about mountains, it did feel like I was stood at the bottom of Mount Everest yesterday but like your Dad said Bex, why waste 2 days worth of climbing, it would be such a waste and only to start all over again! Sounds like a wise man, your Dad!
Wow, 4 stone in 11 weeks Dusty!! That's incredible! Talk like that really spurs me on as I try and imagine myself being able to say the same thing in 4 weeks time.
Didn't have too bad a day with the shakes today. Had the chicken soup and you know what, it wasn't too bad, I can certainly live with it for now. Only trouble is, because it had such a bad reputation, I only got one sachet and will have to wait until Thursday to stock up, he he. Perhaps I'd like the flapjacks too!
Tried to make a hot chocolate and had an absolute disaster! Tried to mix it using a stick blender and it's mini jug attachment. Only thing is I didn't think about the hot liquid effect and as soon as I started whizzing it blew the top off and exploded everywhere - mostly over me! After that epic fail I decided to use a proper blender that we had been given for Christmas but never used for a vanilla shake later on. I made it with crushed ice and sweeteners and it wasn't half bad, it came out very similar to a Maccie D's shake. Mistake I made though was I put the usual amount of water into the blender and then crushed ice on top. The result was a pink of shake to drink! Gave me brain freeze!
So a few tweaks needed but definitely getting there and learning how to live with them.
Felt quite shaky mid afternoon again. Hoping that ketosis will kick in in the next couple of days now. Didn't suffer too badly with the headaches either today. Did need to go to the toilet a heck of a lot more than usual though!!

Day 3 and woke up this morning feeling much better! I even said to my OH that I felt positively 'bouncy'!
Still not taken charge of everybody else's eating habits in the house, I've felt too drained to yet, one step at a time I suppose. The smell of cooking isn't easy but I want to be slim more than I want to eat.
Had a really good day on the shakes so far. Had a strawberry smoothie type shake with crushed ice and then had a hot choc-anilla. I mixed a chocolate and a vanilla sachet together and used half the mix to make into a hot chocolate. It was really nice. So pleasedI am learning how to work with the shakes. I will be making a choc-anilla latte soon, it's the first time I will be putting coffee in a shake.
I think I'm gonna go and measure myself and take the 'first' photos now - on day 3! I'm never organised! lol Seems almost impossible but I think I've already started shrinking.

Last edited:
Hi I hope I am as positive as you about this diet. Your outlook is great. Im more dreading starting than looking forward to it so im gonna take a leaf out of your book and get excited about it. Positive thinking is half the battle

Oops not been around for a few days as I've been pretty busy with work.

Hey Laura, I must admit I was all fired up at the thought of this diet, but when it came to it I was a heck of a lot more nervous than I expected to be. You do have to keep thinking positive thoughts. I've found my first week to be more of a psychological battle than anything else, which surprised me. I've also surprised myself that I haven't caved yet, but I'm really impressed with myself for that too ;)

Well Day 7 nearly done and dusted and first weigh in done - I lost 11lbs in my first week - YIPPEE! :clap::scale: I have had a complete 100% week so I've already achieved one of my mini goals to get through week 1. Next goal is to lose a stone which I am secretly hoping might be next weeks achievement.
I had a really, really tough day yesterday though. In my head I was constantly questioning if I was doing the right thing but I battled through and kept thinking of Daisy's mantra that she used last time that you can't give up until your next weigh in (thank you Daisy!!x). Now I've done that first weigh in I want to keep going because my next goal feels so close.

Yesterday was tough too because OH was cooking one of my favourite meals for the family but I had to think to myself it's not as if that is the last time we are ever going to have it. In a few months time when I'm skinnier I can have it then. In fact I've already started making a list of meals I would like when I'm at goal, don't know if that's a good thing or not, but I suppose it is just a reaction to missing food.

This week I came away from the pharmacy with my soups so at least I can have a savoury taste this week, it came as a surprise when she told me I could add salt and pepper to them too - can't believe I didn't know that. My pharmacist doesn't stock the flapjacks as nobody on her books likes them but she did say if I rang Lipotrim I could get samples sent out and if I liked them she would order them in, so that was done this afternoon. Can't wait until they arrive.

Well I'm off to make my last shake of the day - a hot chocanilla, and I will update my signature and have a muzz about the forums to keep focussed. I owe my first week to this forum!!!

Day 8 done and dusted and still 100% - woo hoo.
Feel so much better today, I've hardly thought about food and just kept myself busy with other stuff. Both me and OH are starting to have thoughts about possibly moving house as we both work from home and our workspace, aka a converted garage is bursting to the seams. We need more space but the question is how to finance it in this day and age. It's kept me excited looking at other houses on the internet though and that means I haven't been mulling over how I was missing food :)

Lipotrim have been incrediby efficient and my two sample flapjacks came in this morning's post. I was so excited at the prospect of actually 'eating' something - but, oh dear! I opened the packet and wasn't even keen on the smell, I took a little nibble and eeuurrrgh!!!! I still didn't give up and popped it into the toaster knowing that I have read somewhere on here that someone does that (I think it might be Sammie), but all I ended up with was a hot biscuit of eeuurghiness! I tried, I really did, but after eating about a 2p size amount I had to declare defeat. OH and MIL tried a piece too and between them described it as a 'questionably peanut flavoured piece of MDF with a nasty aftertaste'. It doesn't bode well for the coconut one, but I'll give it a whirl tomorrow and we'll see. :sign0137:

Something else that lifted my mood today was I worked out that it is approximately 8 weeks until my birthday and if I keep up to LT 100% averaging a stone a month I will be 15stone for my birthday - that will be the lightest I have been for about 4/5 years! That's given me quite a mental boost even if I still will only be having a soup or shake on my birthday, lol!

Well done on your first loss and stayimg 100%.

Its great that you have a mini goal of 8 weeks to keep you focused. When I first started on this I had in the back of my mind that I'd do 12 weeks. But that felt like such a long time that it seemed my mount everest!

However, here I am 12 weeks later and 4 stone lighter and def staying on LT till I've lost 8 stone, but possibly until I've lost 10!!

You can do it!!

Dusty

I'm going to have to do better at keeping up to this diary :eek:

Well day 15 and I've been 100% so far. I'm really feeling the benefits now and feel so different to the first 'hell week'. Feeling a little bit sceptical about the Easter weekend though with all the chocolate eggs the kids seem to get :17729:. But I know if I did cave I would hate myself for it.

Got a busy weekend ahead, got my Auntie visiting tomorrow afternoon which is ok but she is so different to me and my family. She is lovely but seems to have turned to an 'old lady' way of thinking and seeing things, yet she is only 65 whereas as we all refuse to get old...ever!!! I think since my parents have both sadly passed away now she seems to think it is her responsibility to 'keep an eye' on me but it really isn't necessary. I know she means well but I can't help feeling if the house isn't spotless then she'll think I'm not coping somehow. If she knew about Lipotrim I know for a fact she would spend the rest of the afternoon trying to talk me out of it so I've somehow got to get past that. Luckily I haven't lost a vast amount of weight yet and only at the beginning of my journey so she might not even notice. Hopefully the next time we see each other (probably Christmas) it will all be done and dusted and I will be eating again. I know she will be expecting at least tea and biscuits but I can probably skirt round that saying I had eaten a big lunch or something. I can sense a lot of tidying and cleaning in the pipeline today :sigh:
Then tomorrow teatimeish my in-laws are coming round. That I don't mind, I do love them dearly and I'm really lucky to have such a lovely mother-in-law. At 66 she is a year older than my Auntie but you would think she was 10 years younger to look at and speak to. She poo-poos anything 'old'! They are coming round for their tea and I'm making a roast so I'll have to be cooking whilst my Auntie is still here possibly.
Well I'd better go and have my first shake of the day - a strawberry slushie one with loads of ice!
I'll be back again sooner x

Day 19 and still 100% so far. Felt very tempted to eat today but dug deep and managed to stay away. It didn't help that I have been worrying about having a second MRI scan this morning as last October they found a small tumour on my pituitary gland. Today's scan was to see if it has started shrinking or not but not going to find the results out until the 21st May. Hope it's good news as my birthday is only 2 days after that and news that it is shrinking would be the best birthday pressie ever! Just goes to show though how in times of stress and anxiety, I have a serious habit of running for comfort food still. Hope that habit gets broken in time with Lipotrim.

Visit from the Auntie went ok and I've survived the Easter weekend tidal wave of chocolate - Phew!!

With the Banks Holidays I've lost track of time and can't believe that my weigh in is only the day after tomorrow. Not sure it's going to be as big a loss as the last two weeks. I have to confess to being a daily weigher and these last few days I've been stuck on 16st 3lbs! :( My scales weigh me 2-3 pounds lighter than the pharmacy ones so if I STILL don't budge by Thursday I'll only have lost 2lbs :0(

Oh listen to me - whinging about the fact I've lost weight! Somebody give me a slap!!! I need to start getting some exercise in, after all the sooner I lose the weight, the faster I can get to goal! Must focus on my mini-goal of being 15st by my birthday.

Day 20
OMG! There I was last night feeling sorry for myself that I had been stuck at the same weight for three days and this morning I jumped on the scales and it seems that 1.5 lbs has melted off overnight! Serves me right for being a daily weigher! Reality check - I have lost 1.5 stones in three weeks!!!!!!! Certainly nothing to moan about is it. I have the official weigh in tomorrow morning so will be able to add to my signature (yay! I love Thursdays!) Apologies to anybody reading this for me being a whingebag last night - guess I was just have a grumpy diet day!

I might even get some Zumba done tonight to see if I can push it a little further. :banana dancer:

Hey...can't wait to see what you lose tomorrow! I'm on Day 22 now and it's still a struggle....but i know it'll be worth it and as you say...if we dig deep we can get over the struggle! I'm a daily weigher too and get p'ed off if they dont move every 10 mins! I'm 4lb lighter on my scales than the chemist!!! I've lost 19lbs in 3 weeks! Crazy!!!!
Good luck tomorrow! x

Hi Littleflower

Wow! 4lbs difference between yours and your chemist scales - that's quite big gap! What kind of scales does your chemist use? My chemist just has a pair of ordinary scales that weigh me in kg and neither she nor I can work in kgs so she has a huge chart on the wall giving all the conversions into stones and lbs. Think when I first went I expected something huge and electronic like you see in Boots.

It is a struggle this diet, I agree. I must admit I live Thursday to Thursday now :0) I hope I can go the distance, right now I feel like I could but I have a long term habit of starting things and not finishing them and I don't want that to happen with LT.

Your doing really well Anglounic! Looking forward to reading about how you get on tomorrow!

Dusty

You too Daisy! I'll be going about 9.30 - 10am. It might sound a bit pathetic but I make sure I've been to the loo as much as possible (a pint of water weighs a pound and a quarter!) before hand, I wear my lightest clothes (I sat there deciding which pair of trousers was lightest last week!) and I don't have anything to drink until I've been. I can sense a bit of OCD creeping in! :p

Day 23
Got my penance for being a daily weigher this week - well and truly. The 1.5lbs that had melted off on Wednesday morning was back on on Thursday morning - my weigh in day!!! It meant I had 'only lost' 3lbs. Normally this would be a cracking loss on any other diet but because I have been spoilt the past two weigh ins, I went into a bit of a huff with it all! Then on Friday morning, jumped on the scales and it was back off!!!! At least it means I should have a head start for weigh in this week. Still sticking to it 100% and admit there are tough times when food is all around you, but my focus is staying put and the results are starting to show now (yay!)

Back