Any footy fans among SW'ers?

SAFC fan here - Haway the lads!!
:party0038:

Definitely agree with the dreaded fast-food diets of footy fans - so hard to resist pie and chips at the games! :drool:

Maximus likes this!

but already feeling "ill" for next Saturday - I hate games v our "nearest & dearest":cry:

For the uninitiated it means in this little corner of the country and all "neutral" parts of county Durham, Tyne and Wear and Northumberland, the riots will return briefly.:(

I'm a Mackem by association (Hubby comes from Sunderland). Haven't been to a game for a few seasons now though, it's got a bit pricey! Derby day is always a bit of a trauma, the result will dictate the mood in our house for a good 24 hours.

Hi
Nottingham Forest season ticket holder here.

Although our season started last week as we are in the Championship,,, by far the most interesting league in the world!!!

im an arsenal fan in the prem......been a huge gooner since i was about 10....im erm ....whisper....33 now.
and im a bristol rovers fan!!

As the new Premier League dawns, just wondering if there are many football fans out there be it casual, interested, or full-blown followers.

No flaming, or anything, just keep it friendly:)

Footy fans diet has to be the most unhealthy of all - my weekend takeout back in the day used to last from 4pm Friday to Sunday evening. Those 30 hours would be fuelled by several gallons of lager, pies, burgers, chips, kebab.

It is funny, or perhaps ironic that fast food was always unhealthy!

My footy season started a week before the prem, been a Huddersfield Town fan I have to put up with the quick highlights on the league show after MOTD, One day we may make it to the championship

Manchester City fan here (blame Hubby to be he has supported them since he could speak apparently!!!)

We go to as many Eastlands games as we can, we went to Wembley for the FA cup final - WOO! and i agree its hard to be good....i just have Bovril!!! :D I went to some away games, but i get too scared of the 'kicking off' aspect afterwards.

Watched the game last night, and i have to say Aguero is AMAZING! worth the money i think!!!!

Plus can i mention we are top of the league - and i am top of my works Fantasy Football too. Hoorah!!! (out of 20, the only two ladies are top! girl power!) xxx

I can relate to a lot of what you said. I was a travelling fan throughout the 80/90s mainly when hooliganism was rife. The main danger nowadays isn't the hooligans but the expense of getting into games!

I only need a few of the lower league grounds to complete the whole 92 (Rochdale, Torquay, Barnet, Wycombe etc.)

I should cmplete them and become an honourary member of the 92 club. Which will be nearer the 120 club as so many clubs have changed their grounds!

I've watched Sunderland v Bristol Rovers at 3 different grounds - including one in Bath! (Twerton Park)

Then there's the Scottish trips......

I go to White Hart Lane quite a bit & i never see any trouble (despite sitting in the stand next to the away fans where the 'firm' sit'. The exception is West Ham games, which i have point blank refused to go to for 3 years. Horrible atmosphere, away fans are truely awful & they don't care who they punch or throw stuff at!

European night are the best imo - away fans are always game for a laugh

Manchester City fan here (blame Hubby to be he has supported them since he could speak apparently!!!)

We go to as many Eastlands games as we can, we went to Wembley for the FA cup final - WOO! and i agree its hard to be good....i just have Bovril!!! :D I went to some away games, but i get too scared of the 'kicking off' aspect afterwards.

Watched the game last night, and i have to say Aguero is AMAZING! worth the money i think!!!!

BUMP!
Just found this thread as I fancied posting about footie - EB you and I are in the same position, I realised I had no choice but to start supporting MCFC when I first got with my OH but I am hooked now. Don't get to go to matches much as we both live in London (tho he is a Manc) but the one's I've been to I've quite enjoyed (despite them being a 1-0 defeat at Chelsea and a goalless draw with Birmingham :rolleyes:.)

Before the season started my OH kept going on about Aguero and how excited he was and I kept teased him that he fancied him, but then watching that first game it was pretty obvious that he was worth the hype!

BUMP!
Just found this thread as I fancied posting about footie - EB you and I are in the same position, I realised I had no choice but to start supporting MCFC when I first got with my OH but I am hooked now. Don't get to go to matches much as we both live in London (tho he is a Manc) but the one's I've been to I've quite enjoyed (despite them being a 1-0 defeat at Chelsea and a goalless draw with Birmingham :rolleyes:.)

Before the season started my OH kept going on about Aguero and how excited he was and I kept teased him that he fancied him, but then watching that first game it was pretty obvious that he was worth the hype!

Yay a City Fan!!! :D

I love that we have 3 little sticks of dynamite as our forwards now - i love Tevez, but he was alone....now Dzeko (cant spell!) Aguero and Silva its awesome!!!

I love Ballotelli too - if only he wasnt so annoying and stroppy! x

I'm a mighty Saints fan, can't wait for them to be back in the prem where they belong!!
my prem team is man utd tho... since i was about 8

I go to football match with hubbie and son every week to our local Glentoran Football Club. Man United household - our tv started with Rugby this am and has been football the whole day with Sky and Espn now recorded match of the day on. I have caught up with my library books and online now until Downton Abbey starts.

Bolton fan here and we are dire this season. I gave up my season ticket when i had my little boY, hes 5 now and has his own season ticket. (Daddy was not impressed when he started shouting come on you reds at the united game - red is his fave colour). COME ON YOU WHITE MEN!

Big Man Utd fan here (Hubbys City fan so you can imagine the fun in our house on derby days lol)

Back