Any suggestions for a sore bum!!

Pollywotsit

Silver Member
In her efforts to help me, my daughter has given me her exercise bike. OMILORD!!! it's like sitting on a wide razor blade! and after 3 days trying to persevere I've got a boil, and am so sore in my situpon!!I can't use it.....not my situpon, the bike! I've been onto Amazon, and looked at Gel seat covers, and replacement saddles, a bit wider... but not sure what to buy. I've tried sitting on a folded towel, but that doesn't really help. Considering how much weight I have to lose, you would have thought I'd got more than enough padding for this! These "racing" saddles might look pretty (this is pink and black) but not much good if they're SO uncomfortable and bring you out in boils!!
Has anyone replaced a saddle, or any other ideas please? Saddle sores are just NOT conducive to comfort!!
Thanks in anticipation ...xx

I cycle and my bike has a wide gel seat which I find good. I did my first longer bike ride last night though and was starting to get a little uncomfortable towards the end. I have been told u can get padded cycling shorts. These may be a wise buy along with a decent seat

I'll look into it, thanks PP. I can't really tell how wide the saddles are, the wide one I found wasn't really padded. x

Do they make huge ones? lol! Haven't seen anything in Aldi, and have never heard of Wiggle...are they online? I'll google, and thank you x
(I don't wear skirts.let alone shorts)....would have to make sure I wasn't having visitors!! x:censored:

My bike has a padded gel seat and I wear a pair of padded undershorts under my padded cycling shorts! My OH thinks it's hilarious, but it's very comfy.

This is my daughters exercise bike. I ordered a wide gel saddle last night, hopefully it will come this week (Amazon) and hopefully I'll be able to fit it! Don't have anyone to laugh at me.......don't do it in front of visitors!:DThanks ladies xx

If you have a Decathlon shop near you,they have a great biking accessory selection,including shorts with the padded insert.Even with that & gel saddle you mite still get sore,preservere & eventually your butt will get used to it :)

No I haven't been on the bike, it seems to catch that sore spot as soon as I sit down. We used to have a really good bike shop here, but it folded unfortunately. We have a Halfords,,,but I'll see what the new saddle is like...it looks much bigger on the pics than this "shoe horn" that I've got!
Oh! I googled Wiggle, Dolly....thank you
went to Aldis this morning, they'd got cycling shorts but not padded...oh and cycling panties for ladies, but they weren't padded either. Here's me trying to reduce my bum and looking for padded clothing!!lolol! xx

New saddle arrived today, so going to try and fit it tomorrow.....sore bum is much better, so hopefully, that will be the end of that! Thank you for your replies ladies xx

Well after a lot of struggling with the bolts, it's all fitted, and OH! what a difference, it's SO much more comfy....I'll be able to use it regularly now! xx

Sorry ladies for not replying, the thread went AWOL, and I couldn't find it! The saddle is BRILLIANT, it's made so much difference. I try to do 15 minutes a day....I know that's not a lot, but just taking it easy, and it's 15 minutes that I wasn't doing before, so every little helps.
Cavegirl, am just waiting to hear about you reaching your DESTINATION!! XX

gday-mate-aussie-smiley-emoticon.gif
LOLOL!!

Last edited:
Sorry ladies for not replying, the thread went AWOL, and I couldn't find it! The saddle is BRILLIANT, it's made so much difference. I try to do 15 minutes a day....I know that's not a lot, but just taking it easy, and it's 15 minutes that I wasn't doing before, so every little helps.
Cavegirl, am just waiting to hear about you reaching your DESTINATION!! XX

gday-mate-aussie-smiley-emoticon.gif
LOLOL!!

Great stuff Polly, every little helps. I got a pair of gel padded cycling leggings, combined with the gel seat makes for comfy outings on the bike. Wentcycling for 4 days last week on holiday in France, managed 72k, justhave to get the courage up to continue it here.

Hope you have a good weekend :wavey:

Oh that's brilliant, well done you! Mine is an exercise bike...so pedaling like mad...and going nowhere........but soon hopefully there'll be LESS of me getting SOMEWHERE!!
facebook-smiling-smiley-emoticon.gif

Back