Anyone else got very strong nesting urge right now

angie-bum

Gold Member
I wiped myself out yesterday doing shopping for food cleaning house and hospital bag shopping, then woke up t 3.10 am with urge to clean the carpets and do some baking, when I should actually go back to sleep! wondered what everyone else was feeling

lol Morning Angie!
Am sat here also, have been up since 4am! lol Woke with aches but have taken pills and if weren't for kids and hubby sleeping I'd be doing something too! lol
Nesting is a funny old thing, I've changed curtains, beds, cleaned windows etc the last couple of evenings - DH is dispairing as he knows it will get worse! lol

All means we can afford 'time off' from housework later on when babies arrive is how I view it. I was as bad first time around just didn't know what I was doing! lol

How are you feeling other than nesting?

Not yet but my nesting kicked in quite early with jocelyn - about 20 weeks! Was quite useful as by 24 weeks I couldn't leave the house anymore and was in bed most of the time, maybe my body knew what was coming!

I nested at the office a few weeks ago, hardly very useful! I had a huge urge to get the nursery sorted, and that is all done and dusted. Have had a few minor nesting incidents, but I'm too tired to act on most of them lol.

I have had a cognitive based wish to get somethings sorted before now, but yesterday I found myself doing a full shop by myself (hubby working this weekend) followed by putting it away hoovering up and downstairs and tackling the windows. I then went shopping for 4 hours with a friend to get baby and hospital bag done. That took from about 9am-4.30 yesterday....then I started getting bh contractions ++ and seriously wondered whether I had the energy to drive my friend home and get back to my base. Had a couple of starey-eyed hours on the couch last night, hubby couldn't get any sense out of me. Then woke out of a deep sleep at 3 am this morning with wanting to wash the carpet. Once downstairs I realised that was daft and sat starey-eyed looking up stuff about babies til nearly 6 (why didn't i just go back to sleep) but whilst I was awake during the night I very nearly made a batch of muffins, if I thought it wouldn't wake hubby and the dog I probably would have. I still feel totally blasted, but at least I know I could get up the stairs if I needed, an hour ago I would have said no way. Note to self: however much you want to sort the house for baby don't go at it hammer and tongs for 7 hours and not expect to crash and burn. Okay, must be feeling better to have typed so much. Will pad out to the kitchen to get some more dairy milk and a cuppa me thinks (to keep up my strength, don't ya know...lol!)

Last edited:
lol had to laugh at your chocolate to keep strength up! lol Makes me wish I had some in the house but old habits and all that! lol

Glad you got some sleep, I went back to bed at 6.30 till 9.15 in the end, and have had an hour this afternoon so feel fine now.
But nesting is fab until you crash and burn! lol Glad you got your hospital bag sorted - you are organised, I keep thinking about mine that's as far as I get! lol

Shel - nesting at work - Nightmare! lol

Sunflower - how strange it seems your body did know what was coming eh. Hope you are not housebound for so long this time ((hugs)).

Lol im too tired to nest! but i did stay up until midnight last night putting together a swinging crib... maybe this is the start haha

xx

Thank you PH, I'm hoping so too..

Back