Anyone on here own any exotic pets?

Maximus

Gold Member
By exotic I mean marmosets, monkeys, exotic birds, etc. - something not normally found in your average pet shop.

I was looking at exotic tropical fish as I have a tank setup and looking to re-stock, but hardly exotic in the general sheme of things.

I'm a birder/birdwatcher/bird lover - whichever you prefer and always fancied a Peregrine Falcon. Always talked out of it by partners/family/friends though as such critter look best when free-flying.

Anyone out there with an exotic menagerie then?

Steve

The new OH is an exotic pet person, he has a marine tank (which confuses me) and is an exotic bird breeder. The most exotic thing I have is a Tortoise, and I did once have an African Pygmy Hedgehog called Alf.

Apparently, there are breeders near me who breed everything, from monkeys to parrots....the things you learn, eh?

But I do agree, I would prefer to see a Falcon flying free in the wild.

A monkey would be fun to have, apart from the nappy issue, as they cost a fortune!

I have a Scottish husband :p

We have three degu girls, according to the vet they are classed as exotic. However, you can get them from Pets at Home, so not sure if they count.

Attachments

• IMG_0395.jpg
    IMG_0395.jpg
    488.9 KB · Views: 63
Next question really should be please define exotic:eek: lol

I was expecting at least one lion cub, a couple of squirrel monkey, an owl and possible a few python and a camel.

The last one was for comedy effect - but you never know!

My vet charges a premium to treat my guinea pigs, Russell and morrissey because they're "exotic". What a load of rhubarb! Then she tells me they need cat antibiotics. That'll be the exotic cat antibiotics then, will it? Moron.

I almost burst with pride when Russell bit her and Morrissey peed on her apron. Don't mess with my piggies!

Xx

Back