ARE VITAMINS CLASSED AS SYNS?

louella

CAN ANY OF YOU LOVLEY PEOPLE TELL ME IF COD LIVER OIL CAPSUALS AND FLAX SEED CAPSUALS ARE SYNS. I TAKE VITS EVERY DAY AND WONDERED IF THE OIL CONTENT WAS HINDERING MY LOSSES, IVE NOT LOST ANY WEIGHT FOR AGES EVEN THO IM STICKING TO PLAN ALSO IS SAVORY SOYA MINCE A SYN..BEEN ASKING THIS QUESTION BEFORE BUT NO REPLY THANKS IN ADVANCE :sigh::cry:

Yes I'm afraid they will have a syn value because you are eating oil. I don't know about the capsules but you may be able to work it out from this

Basic/Non Branded Foods Cod liver oil 1 level tsp

extraeasy.gif
2 Syns on Extra Easy
red.gif
Original 2 Syns
green.gif
Green 2 Syns

All oils are the same syn value as far as I know

As for the soya mince the dried TVP/soya protein is free but the frozen is

Basic/Non Branded Foods Textured vegetable protein (TVP)/soya protein, frozen 100g raw

extraeasy.gif
2 Syns on Extra Easy
red.gif
Original 2 Syns
green.gif
Green 2 Syns

Ho thank you so much for this, my consultant could not answer either of these questions. The soya I bought is dried, flavoured soya mince. It says it defatted on the list of ingredients on the back of the pack, its neals yard bought from holland and barratt if this helps. Is this the reason im not losing any weight due to me taking the cod liver oil and flaxseed oil?

I shouldn't think so - unless you are chucking them back! I doubt there's even as much as a tsp of oil in each capsule.

Why not post a food diary in the sub-forum so we can take a look. How long have you been on SW? What was your diet like before? How close to target are you and what's your consultant got to say about it? Sorry for all the questions but it's difficult to give suggestions without knowing what you're eating etc.

Thank you circles for been helpful, I have stopped taking the flax seed oil capsuals and the cod liver oil, Im not doing well at all on this sw diet, I would willingly do a food diary for you to look at but you will have to tell me how to do it cos im new to this kinda thing, Many thanks lou

it used to be 1/2 syn for every capsule containing oil eg cod liver/evening primrose.That was a few books ago now!

There's nothing in the book, or online about evening primrose/starflower/omega 3 being synned, so maybe SW opinion on them has changed.

Back