ASDA smart price sauces

Kater-tater

Gold Member
Being the sad and skint person that i am i went round asda with my calculator *discreetly*:flirt2: to see what was about. Was looking at the WW sauces but they are a bit pricy and not brilliant so i was looking at the smart price ones, ive not tried any of them yet other than the curry which is 5p and 6 points for the whole jar i think and tastes like chip shop curry sauce.
The 4 i got today where Bolognaise, Chilli, Casserole and Sweet and Sour. They all work our at 0.5 points her 100g (from 28-46 calories and 0-0.1 sat fat) so only 2 points for the whole jar and only 56p.
Im not expectiing them to be heavenly but just nice will do me, Anyone tried them?
Thought any people on a very tight buget might find this usefull being low in points!

I'm glad you did this as i use the SP Sauces. Bolognaise and S & S are ok. Not brilliant but better than what i expected. If you could do other SP stuff id be most grateful :D

sorry got a bit lost, the curry one you mention that asda own also? and which section do you get these from where the pasta sauces are etc? 6points for the whole jar... and tastes like chippy curry?!?! ... omg i'm there!!! :D

Yeah they are just withh all the jarred sauces wit the ww ones etc. They are just on lower shelves, these are all the smart price, asdas own ones with the white and green label. The curry is a bargain at 5p!

Yeah they are just withh all the jarred sauces wit the ww ones etc. They are just on lower shelves, these are all the smart price, asdas own ones with the white and green label. The curry is a bargain at 5p!

excellent!! will be getting some of those, thank you!! :D

I love the sweet and sour one, think it's got a really nice taste to it, I've tried the bolognaise one but thought it was very bland. I didn't see the other flavours but wouldn't mind giving the curry one a try!

I just went on a mission looking for smart pricce jars when i found they where so low, got one of each! I thinking i could half 1/4 jar of bolognaise sauce with pasta and veggies in for a half point sauce? Could always add some spices, toms, etc to it to jazz it up

Ive found a lot of the asda smart price food quite low in points, I used to get the chicken and veg curry in a tin and mix it with rice, think it was around 50p a tin and only about 3 points for the whole tin.
I always take my points calc shopping, and only buy WW brands if there cheaper. Also asda do those packs of frozen mousse (smartprice ones) about 8 in a pack for around £1 there only 1.5 points and taste not bad, rasberry ripple is better than the chocolate though

This thread is perfect for me as im a wee bit low on funds after xmas. I will buy WW own when its on offer, otherwise i usually get the basic brand. Tastes just as good in my opinion.

Eve though i really didnt like the smart price sweet and sour and coulnt eat it, i will keep trying the sauces and other smart price things. I find WW stuff usually too expensive and not that great, i buy loads when its on offer and just have to suffer it for the other things if i really need them to be able to stick to my points. Anyone else got any bargain finds let me kno!!

ASDA Smartprice Caramel wafers 42p for pack of 5 only 2 points each, 1/2 point more than WW caramel wafers but taste identical and about £1 cheaper ;)

Also not sure on the taste yet, but tins of smartprice chilli con carnie 49p, 2 points for half a tin or 4 for the whole tin.

Last edited:
im a sainsburys shopper myself but the sainsburys basics range have similar and their sweet and sour / curry sauces are really nice and i think their curry one is 4 points.. dont quote me - will check and get back to you :D

i really like a lot of the basics / smart price things - i dont see why dieting needs to be so pricey - fruit and veg are the worst - i get my OH to pop to the local greengrocers when hes working as its less than half the price of what you get in the supermarkets! x

Ive decided i dont like sainsburys anymore after emailing them about their healhty living cake mix not having decent information on it and waiting weeks for a reply, not with the info, just that they will reply soon, and then 2 months later emailing again and getting nothing. Just tell me you dont kno! dont make me wait for months for useless info! SIgh!

ALso spent £11 in Morrisons on nothing really but vegetables and ww puds etc. Too expensive. Sigh.

Ive decided i dont like sainsburys anymore after emailing them about their healhty living cake mix not having decent information on it and waiting weeks for a reply, not with the info, just that they will reply soon, and then 2 months later emailing again and getting nothing. Just tell me you dont kno! dont make me wait for months for useless info! SIgh!

ALso spent £11 in Morrisons on nothing really but vegetables and ww puds etc. Too expensive. Sigh.

Thankyou peeps for the threads. Just goes to show that you don't need to spend lots of money on ww stuff when you have cheaper alternatives. I shall be going to asda this afternoonx

Back