Be Careful

ladybird777

Silver Member
Just a heads up. I did this woe for over 2 years and kept my weight between 9 stone 7 and 10 stone 4. However I realised I was having to eat less and less and less to stay the same. On down days I ate nothing, up days 1,0o0 calories..anymore and I didn't lose. Now I eat a healthy breakfast of protein, (scrambled egg) baked potato and salad for lunch and a small portion of tea and have gain 3 stone!!!!! I calculate my calories and I exercise daily. Apart from a splurge at Christmas I hardly eat now and think my metabolism is shot. I don't lose on intermittent fasting anymore and my GP has advised me not to do it anyway. I have tried eating to tdee to kick start it but nothing works. Am fat and destined to stay fat.

Last edited:
It doesn't just mess with your metabolism but also your internal organs.

I've seen over the last couple of years the same people have been doing fasting and they haven't got to where they want to be. Once they go off track they put on weight and then find it hard to get back on it.
When I was on Primal I didn't fast but I use to skip breakfast and eat more calories at lunch time to make up for it.
For me now I eat most things but in moderation,3 meals a day,morning snack,an afternoon snack and I do some exercising. I've just given up sugar as I had a brilliant Christmas and New Year with too much cake etc. Reason being I didn't have one for 2 years so felt I deserved it.:)

sorry for the late reply. Since I posted I've gained even more. I am really worried about it. I was ill in bed for 2 months and gained a further stone despite hardly eating at all. Am basically back to what I was before I started. Everywhere I read people re gain it all in 5 years. It seems pointless trying anymore.

sorry for the late reply. Since I posted I've gained even more. I am really worried about it. I was ill in bed for 2 months and gained a further stone despite hardly eating at all. Am basically back to what I was before I started. Everywhere I read people re gain it all in 5 years. It seems pointless trying anymore.
Have you had your thyroid numbers checked?

Back