Beautiful movies

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV' started by nexangelus, 9 February 2009 Social URL.

1. nexangelus

nexangelus Carpe diem, baby!

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Clean eating (no processed food)
    Okay, we've had movies that move us, fave movies and weepies...I don't know if we have had a thread about movies that are just plain awe-inspiring and beautiful, maybe zen-like, peaceful, well made (as in the cinematography and the overall feel of them)...they move you with ums and ahs (silent of course)...apologies in advance if everyone is sick of movie threads! I have noticed that most of my faves seem to be foreign films, they seem to have this knack with the camera, the music (or lack thereof sometimes), the characters, the feel of film, etc...

Some that I like because they are a bit of all of the above are:

The Vertical Ray of the Sun
    Wings of Desire
    Three Seasons
    The Scent of Green Papaya
    Balzac and the Little Chinese Seamstress
    House of Flying Daggers
    Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon
    The Bridges of Madison County
    Paranoid Park
    Dead Poets Society

There are probably more that I cannot think of at the minute. A TV programme which falls into this category for me is Pushing Daisies, I just love the way it is written, shot and its oozing kitschness (possibly wrong era?) and the colours and the silly humour...
    Last edited: 9 February 2009
  2. Avatar Matched Content

3. Ro Laren

Ro Laren 7st 11lbs down ...

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Calorie counting
    I second Hero
  4. Metal_Heart

Metal_Heart Member

I loved Snow Cake, I thought it was just so different.

and I know Lady Vengeance was a horror film, but it was so strange and quirky.. and beautiful in it's own way.
Popular Forums
  1. is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.