Body Magic? - more like Body Tragic!

Maximus

Gold Member
Ouch, I'm sore and these old bones are stiffening up! - rigor mortis setting in before I shuffle off this mortal coil.

My Christmas challenge - sort of pledge, was to walk 50 miles over the 12 days of Christmas as I am off work and therefore have the time to fit this in.

I figured it would get easier every day as the body - specifically the joints would get accustomed to it.....I figured wrong!!

I remember watching Eddie izzard doing a series of marathons - out every day and running/walking 26 miles at a time. I'm just about managing 5-6 miles a day - Mr Izzard has gone up in my estimation!

Oh well, better get going as the prospect of baked potato, cottage cheese and a mountain of leafy salad shall be awaiting my return. Oh and a red hot bath for my achy breaky limbs:)

Weigh-in night tonight too!:eek:

Stevie the road pounder;)

MD142Good-Things-Happen-When-You-Go-For-It-Affiches.jpg

Go for it Steve. Well done for keeping it up. Perhaps having a dog to walk with would make it easier.

Now can I interest you in a pair of big black Great Danes..... lovely long stride to keep up with or at the other end of our seven dog chain we could accomodate you with a Jack Russel, short, bouncey, active step, great for burning calories !!!!
Go Steve Go !!!

It's damn hard work - I don't mind admitting it. This afternoon I went out adding just shy of 6 miles (5.94 to be precise) I dropped the pace as was possibly pushing too hard - after all it is meant to be enjoyable right?

Was still knackered at the end of it - I live on a hilltop so there is always an inevitable climb at the end lol.

As for the dogs, this has been suggested before. I have no dogs myself, but I was thinking of offering to walk them for neighbours who cannot get out - especially in the cold/bad weather.

Fortunately I lost 1.5lb this week - Body Magic is making the difference as without the miles over the past week I may well have gained!

Nobody said it would be easy and the days of large losses seem behind me now - sadly:cry:

But just look at how well you have done.

Well done, you could even charge for dog walking services :)

Glad to be part of your team !!!

Back