Boiler broken, what setting will the washing machine work?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by vj, 10 April 2007 Social URL.

1. vj

vj Regular Member

Start Weight:
    14st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st3lb(8.67%)
    Diet:
    Slim & Save
    Hi all,

Just got back from lovely weekend break with family in Wales to a house of calamities:
    1) overflow pipe from water tank is dripping
    2) boiler refuses to light (man can't come till tomorrow even when I rang a priority call
    3) kitchen lightbulb blown (large spotlight not bog standard)
    4) Extra moan, earliest tesco home delivery was 21:00-23:00 today.:sigh:

So no hot water (no showers, baths, hair washing - last night's chaos), luckily the dishwasher runs of cold mains. I think the washing machine will run some settings from the cold mains too but is it the low or high that it heats??? It's so old we haven't kept the manual through house moves but can anyone advise? I need to be able to wash a case load of clothes soon.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. kittykat

kittykat Gold Member

Start Weight:
    29st0lb
    Diet:
    exante
    Ahh hun sorry to hear about your calamities no idea with WM i know when our boiler was playing up i didnt do any washing !!!! but with a case load guess you need to do it pretty sharpish hopefully someone might come along with a bit more info good luck xxxxx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.