Book club. The Hunger Games...

Emmey1

Gold Member
Hello! and welcome bookworms and mere mortals!

I have opened this thread for me and my fellow bookies who have recently started the first book in the hunger games trilogy - but anyone is welcome to join in our madness of conversation

Please try not to include spoilers at this point without very clear warning
But please also be aware once we have all finished the book spoilers may pop up as we discuss the intentions of the author, the portrayal of the characters and general synopsis (does it feel like an English class yet? Haha not really!!)

Let the fun begin :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

*sticks hand up* I'm here Miss, reporting in for registration :giggle:

*sits at back of class chewing gum*

I'm here too Miss, but ive not got my book yet :-( ordering from t'ernet today hopefully have it for class tommorrow x

Welcome children! Ly there's no rush as corks and roz haven't started yet - just me and I must say its just getting better and better ;-)

I'm puzzled as to how we're going to talk about it :confused: I mean, obviously we don't all read at the same pace :confused:

Corkscrew said:
I'm puzzled as to how we're going to talk about it :confused: I mean, obviously we don't all read at the same pace :confused:

I have no idea either but rozie made me do this so lets ask her
Rofl!

Guess what I've just bought ??? Had to walk through town to pick up the car from garage so called into bookshop and got it woohoo can join in now!!! Going start it tonight x

Helllooooo ladies

I am a kindle owner too and love the look of the film so may I join you??

*puts on glasses and sits at front like a swot*

Haha there's always one swot! I'll be at the back with corky lol

Welcome RC and Yeah!! Brilliant news Ly! Let the games begin ;)

Roziee said:
HAHA is the book in chapters? Why not say...

Let's read for the 3 chapters and report back?

Well that makes sense! Why didn't I think of that lol well I'll have to watch what I say then as I'm officially 58% through now but sure you guys will catch me up. - see you at chapter three then ladies ;)

I think Rozie should sit at the front with all the other swots :D

Good idea Rozie :)

Roziee said:
Lol I always used to sit at the front :D

I'm a slow reader so don't be saying anything emmey...

Oh I won't - I hate having things ruined, even when people think their being clever and try to make code hints and I figure it out - I genuinely have no idea what happens ahead of my book or what the other two could even be about and I don't wanna know either - I'm just so excited you lovely people are now reading it so I can talk!!! Lol

I've been wanting to go to bed with mine for the past hour, but i've had some boring chores to do :(

Hey, we should all go to the cinema together to see the film, then go for a meal to discuss the film! :8855::8855::8855:

Corkscrew said:
Hey, we should all go to the cinema together to see the film, then go for a meal to discuss the film! :8855::8855::8855:

Aww that would be so nice if we lived closer...

Back