Extra Easy can i have offal on slimming world extra easy

cat yoyo greaves

Gold Member
im new to slimming world please help

i want to save some pennies and make some cheap meals can i have offal for free on slimming world extra easy

oh and thickening sauces what do you use
thanks in advance

Yes you can have liver, heart, kidney etc for free. As long as it hasn't got fat on it its free on EE/Red.

To thicken stuff it depends what you're cooking really.
If its a meat & veg type stew/casserole etc the onions/potato usually thicken it up enough once they are soft enough. You can always mash some of the potato up or whizz the onion in the processor.

If its a spicy dish the spices often thicken it up quite adequately, although again usually I whizz the onion, garlic, ginger mix in the processor before I chuck it in, makes the curry smoother too.

Other stuff like stock cubes, tomato puree all add a bit of thickening.

Or you can just add a little bit of cornflour if you need to, 1 syn for a level teaspoon.

thankyou for that im off to the butchers i love offal so many wont eat it but its cheap tasty and really good for you and great in curry ive only been doing ee a week and ive come from doing ww which was starting to give me issuse as i was obsessing about points and making myself ill i like ee as it stops me thinking about numbers all the time veg chilli jacket with hex cheese for lunch no points req :)

thankyou for that im off to the butchers i love offal so many wont eat it but its cheap tasty and really good for you and great in curry ive only been doing ee a week and ive come from doing ww which was starting to give me issuse as i was obsessing about points and making myself ill i like ee as it stops me thinking about numbers all the time veg chilli jacket with hex cheese for lunch no points req :)

Ooh I love offal! :eek: Nothing better than liver mmmmmm :p Hardly ever have it though, no butchers left round here and supermarkets dont sell it much.

Wow never thought of putting it in a curry though, what do you use?

Yep, you can have it! :)
Had my favourite last night, Liver & Onions :drool: yummy!

ive had curry marinated liver on skewers at a bbq thats good kidneys also in curry are good i just swap whatever offal i fancy for whatever meat is in recipe try it its fab chicken livers are so sweet and fried in frylite herbs and garlic and blitzed with a bit of low fat yog it makes an awsome pate mmmmmm pate

ive had curry marinated liver on skewers at a bbq thats good kidneys also in curry are good i just swap whatever offal i fancy for whatever meat is in recipe try it its fab chicken livers are so sweet and fried in frylite herbs and garlic and blitzed with a bit of low fat yog it makes an awsome pate mmmmmm pate

Ooh yum, spicy liver skewers and kidney curry, Ive got to try some curries made with this kind of stuff! :drool:

Back