Can this be added to soups?

Jaycey

Post-Menopausal Maniac!
I'm almost sure the answer's no (it always is when I ask about something like this!) but here goes anyway.....

For the past couple of days, I've been adding about half a teaspoon of Bacos chips to my soup, before blending. Their full name is Bacos Bacon Flavour Soya Chips, and they are scrummy (taste just like the real thing!).

This is the nutritional info:

30Kcal per serving (7g)
Protein 2.6g (ditto)
Carbohydrate 1.8g (ditto)
Fat 1.4g (ditto)

I've no idea how much half a teaspoon works out at, but I'm wondering if these are safe to use, because they make a fantastic difference to the more bland flavours, such as Mushroom.

I bet they're not OK! I fully expect KD to pop up out the woodwork now, and start beating me on the bottom with a CD Inspirations mag! :sigh: (But I just felt the question was worth asking - you never know!! :D)
:sign0163:

I think you no the answer!!!!! I'm pretty sure its a big no-no!

Though they sound tasty! I cannot stomach even 1 mouthful of the soups so I cannot blame you for trying to add something to them.. but I think it should only be black pepper.

Ah, can I add black pepper then, I'm not really loving the soups? :spit:

I add pepper (black or cayenne), pinch of dried herbs and curry powder to my soups to liven them up a bit. (But then I found the Bacos lurking in the larder......and well - you know the rest! :sigh:)

i add black pepper but dont think these bacon things will be allowed but im not an expert so we will have to wait for someone in the know to reply xx

No, I don't think they will either!! :( :cry:

chilli powder and black pepper make a huge difference to the flavour of the soups, but on SS or ss+ you can't 'legally' have ANYTHING that isn't in the book...
Would be nice though..... love bacon flavour...

x

Thanks

Back