Can you please assess my first proper day?

So today is my first proper day - I stıll dont have any proepr ınformatıon so am wıngıng ıt a bıt

28g cereal wıth mılk
cup of tea

Beans on toast (1and half pıeces of toast)

Dınner - Chıcken breast lıghtly frıed ın 1tbsp of sunflower oıl wıth rıce and roasted veg (tom, onıon, pepper, courgette, aubergıne - wıth 1tsp oıl and balsamıc vınegar)

Does that sound about rıght?

Hello,

I guess it depends what sort of cereals you had? Only certain ones are healthy extra's and also if you are extra easy are you syning the bread for lunch as you can only have 1 HEXB during the day.

Also remember to syn your sunflower oil and maybe have some more superfree snacks? :)

x

Hello,

I guess it depends what sort of cereals you had? Only certain ones are healthy extra's and also if you are extra easy are you syning the bread for lunch as you can only have 1 HEXB during the day.

Also remember to syn your sunflower oil and maybe have some more superfree snacks? :)

x

Ok so ıt would have been coco pops (blame the kıds haha!) and yes I was countıng the bread as syns (although I have no ıdea how much). I would also count the oıl but agaın I dont know how much

coco pops arent a HEX and are 5.5 syns for 28 g so you need to syn them . If the bread was wholemeal you should count that as your HEXB and then syn the oil .. try using frylight spray instead of oil as it is free :)

you should really try and eat more superfree snacks , fruit and more veg ect and also dont forget free yoghurts .. they save me every day :)

28g cereal wıth mılk 5.5 syns + Healthy Extra A (milk)
cup of tea

Beans on toast (1and half pıeces of toast) - Healthy Extra B if wholemeal bread

Dınner - Chıcken breast lıghtly frıed ın 1tbsp of sunflower oıl 6syns wıth rıce and roasted veg (tom, onıon, pepper, courgette, aubergıne - wıth 1tsp oıl 2 Syns and balsamıc vınegar)

syns = 13.5

Do have all the SW materials? Booklets and things?

You've given it ago but should have had some fruit and veg with lunch and some fruit with brekkie. Also, get some frylight, and you wont need oil.

Thank you - No I dont have any booklets at all so thats why ıts all guesswork. I really need to be able to work out syns on my own. I cant get frylıght here eıther...

I wonder whether WW would be better for me :confused:

I don't even bother with frylight with a good non-stick pan - best investment you'll make on this plan!

stay on here and read as much as you can, also i would say as you are "feeling your way" post tonight what you are thinking of eating tomorrow and people on here can guide you in the right direction

And I am sure there must be a list somwhere of what cereals you can have as HE, once you have that sorted it is better than using syns on them

Welcome, and good luck

x

I know we arent supposed to post a full list but thought a few examples would probably be OK.
Healthy Extra B choices include 42g of All Bran, (28g of porridge oats *unflavoured* with a scan bran or a ryvita wholegrain crackerbread), (28g of ready brek original and 1 ryvita dark rye/original/sesame), (28g of Nestle Shreddies and 1 Ryvita Wholegrain Crackerbread), (28g Kelloggs Bran Flakes and 1 Ryvita Dark Rye/Original/Sesame)

They do not of course have to be Kelloggs, supermarket own brands of the same type of cereal count. Those in brackets should be supplemented by having the accompanying crispbread to make up the full quota of Healthy Extra.

I would say in general to fill up on fruit and veg with each meal too, not only do they help to give you all the good things your body needs, but it really helps to bulk up meals

I know we arent supposed to post a full list but thought a few examples would probably be OK.
Healthy Extra B choices include 42g of All Bran, (28g of porridge oats *unflavoured* with a scan bran or a ryvita wholegrain crackerbread), (28g of ready brek original and 1 ryvita dark rye/original/sesame), (28g of Nestle Shreddies and 1 Ryvita Wholegrain Crackerbread), (28g Kelloggs Bran Flakes and 1 Ryvita Dark Rye/Original/Sesame)

They do not of course have to be Kelloggs, supermarket own brands of the same type of cereal count. Those in brackets should be supplemented by having the accompanying crispbread to make up the full quota of Healthy Extra.

Excellent - although I cant get any of those cereals here haha! Do you know the value of Nestle Nesfıt cereal? Thats all I can get,I thınk ıts the same name ın the UK?

Sorry but I don't think we get Nesfit here, or at least I have never heard of it. See what the others have to say. But in terms of syn value, for foods that don't have a free food allowance you can get a rough idea of syns using 1 syn = 20 calories.

Last edited:
I looked up what I *think* is the nesfit stuff and ran it through the syns calculator. For a 30g serving it is 6.5 syns. If you have a box of it handy and can tell us the nutritional info I can work it out officially for you.

(I say "I think" because the site was in Spanish that the information was on!!)

Back