Canderel

Canderel Canderel Spoonful Artificial Sweetener^^ per 100g[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
extraeasy.gif
0 Syn on Extra Easy
red.gif
Original Free
green.gif
Green Free
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

Yup. I think ALL granulated artificial sweeteners are free

atrificial_sweetners.jpg
clear.gif
Artificial sweeteners
There are two categories of artificial sweetener, the first, known as caloric sweeteners (mannitol, sorbitol, xylitol) have a similar calorific value to sugar, but are not absorbed as readily and so replace it in many foods. The second type of sweetener is known as non-caloric or intense sweetener (aspartame, acesulfame K, saccharin). These provide virtually no calories, and are used in diet drinks and desserts. One of the most common sweeteners is saccharin. Its discovery as a sweetener was discovered on the late 1870's as a result of a forgetful chemist who forgot to wash his hands before dinner! When Food Optimising, sweetener in tablet or drop form are completely Free. Any granular sweetener containing less that 2 calories per teaspoon is also
completely Free

Don't know why graphics aren't showing for me?

Hiya. I use Canderel. It's free!! (and cheaper than Splenda) :D

Canderel Canderel Spoonful Artificial Sweetener^^ per 100g

extraeasy.gif
0 Syn on Extra Easy
red.gif
Original Free
green.gif
Green Free
[/FONT]

[/FONT]

I use Tesco own sweetener (quite cheap to buy), is there any difference than using Canderel or Splenda sweetener?? :confused:

Thanks in advance

I use Stevia which a herbal sweetener and completely natural - you can get in internet here but I usually get a supply when I go for my yearly visit to my parents in the states A little goes a very long way!
It is 20 times sweeter than sugar so u use very little and there is no danger in using it as there is with aspartame.

Blimey, I had no idea that sweeteners were so bad. Until I started SW I have always avoided non-natural products as much as possible. For instance, we have butter and not spread etc. But I didn't think a little sweetener just for me and not my family would be so bad!!!

I use Stevia which a herbal sweetener and completely natural - you can get in internet here but I usually get a supply when I go for my yearly visit to my parents in the states A little goes a very long way!
It is 20 times sweeter than sugar so u use very little and there is no danger in using it as there is with aspartame.

No offence, but after reading Food Standards Agency - Stevia and Stevioside I don't fancy Stevia much either! :eek:

I find that sweeteners give me a headache so I stick to a little bit of sugar in my tea

Same here! Sweeteners are definitely not what I would want to consume long term, I'm just not comfortable with the ambiguous "expert opinions" out there. Plus they give me a rash anyway. I just use good ol' sugar or honey to sweeten and syn them.

I use splenda, because it doesnt have any aspartame in it. I think that the Tesco one does though, saw a jar of it at my work! I think Canderel uses saccharin, which isnt so bad!

But Spenda use something called "Sucralose", and I cant remember where I read this but I'm sure its only one atom different in molecular structure to actual sugar...and is 600 times sweeter than sugar so obviously you'd use a lot lot less!! Sucralose has been demed safe by lots of organisations, while there is still come controversy over aspartame, but aspartame is cheap so a lot of companies continue to use it!!

In my effort to avoid aspartame, it does make me a little sad that its in diet coke because I cant avoid that! :(

Personally I don't use any artificial sweetner as I hate the taste and makes me sick as I think it is like medicine. Artificial sweetners are chemical stuff and harmful to body and mind. I rather not use anything but if I need to then use sugar or honey.

Back