Cathedral City Lighter syns please

hi

I've had a search round and couldn't find the answer sorry .... can anyone let me know the syn value on Cathedral City Lighter cheese?

am attempting Hunter chicken for tea :)

thank you!

It will be 1 syn for 20 cals!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Yes but she asked for syn value,
40g as an A choice all plans.

ally7997 said:

So what is the syn value then as asked by the OP?!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins

I was aware that if you have reduced fat cheddar as an A choice it's 45g...it used to be 42 then they put it up to 45.

Yes generic reduced fat cheddar is 45g but on the SW website it list cathedral city lighter as specifically 40g, very odd I know! :)

Oh well, Im sure that extra 5g I've been having of 45g Cathedral City Lighter since January, wont have done me too much harm eeeek!!! I know that another member was checking into this but dont think SW got back to her! Its good to know tho, as it is my fave cheese!

It's like 1% milk you can have more of the branded "the one" but a generic 1% milk is less!
When I go shipping later I'll check to see if the cathedral lighter had more cals than regular lighter cheese if so then that's probably what it will be! I wouldn't worry about that extra you've been having its only 5g just annoying!

Yes generic reduced fat cheddar is 45g but on the SW website it list cathedral city lighter as specifically 40g, very odd I know! :)

What!! I had no idea. I always use Cathdral Light too, I thought I'd seen it in the SW mag as more than 40g, guess not. I know the extra 5g may not seem much but having it everyday adds up!

Im going to Tesco's later on today, so out of curiosity I will have a look at all the other low fat cheeses & see what the difference in calories is & I'll post on here later.........thats if I dont get taken away by the men in white coats for spending half an hour at the cheese counter writing everything down like a loon!!!

Well, I had a look at 3 or 4 other cheeses & there was hardly any calorific difference between them all! Cathedral City Lighter is 315 calories per 100g & the rest were between 305 -311 calories per 100g! *puzzled*

Well, I had a look at 3 or 4 other cheeses & there was hardly any calorific difference between them all! Cathedral City Lighter is 315 calories per 100g & the rest were between 305 -311 calories per 100g! *puzzled*

I don't get it then!! If a recipe says to include 42g/45g reduced fat cheddar surely that would include Cathedral City as it is exaclty that. Odd!

I don't get it then!! If a recipe says to include 42g/45g reduced fat cheddar surely that would include Cathedral City as it is exaclty that. Odd!

Me neither! Im normally pretty good at gestimating my cheese when I cut it & weigh it & Im not going to fret if its between 40-45g! Just wish we could get a definitive answer1

Back